Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Manny

Grammar Police
MotM for me. Dominated that midfield and showed plenty of composure.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Before the game I was worried about him getting overrun in midfield but his positioning was excellent and he was tidy on the ball.

Bobski

Started sluggishly and then came on to a very strong game. Liked how well he did in reading the press of our forwards and when it would given the opportunity to nick in and steal the ball.

Still can't believe he got away with that push on Mudryk in the first half, but really good game from him.

cyberman

Chelsea’s midfield are terrible with the ball going forward, all he had to do was cover obvious passing lanes and he constantly won the ball back

Brianschoccysurprise

His best game in a united shirt by a lomg shot. Gave it a away to put them in early on but he presser really well, infact our press was great all over the pitch

Davie Moyes

Now that's more like it. Seemed very much off the pace in up until today. Which was surprising as we know his style is all action.

That lack of a preseason is still hampering him I guess.

Thiagoal

We’ve been crying out for muscle in midfield and he provided it tonight

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Still want to see him beside Mainoo. Might get the most out of him.
Doubt we'll see it much, the way Ten Hag sees them it's very much one or the other to be the deep playmaker. Can't have 2 guys being that role, need the other to be the more combative player which is the idea with McTominay, but also for ten hag he clearly wants the other 2 midfielders to bomb forward.

I don't really think Mainoo and Amrabat would work that well anyway, but that's what ten hags view is I think.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant game but Chelsea midfield was dire. Keep messing up the first touches. The triangle of Maguire - Lindelof- Sofian is bit too slow. We need a quicker player.

But credit where it's due. His first time passes were thing of a beauty . Great game.

Someone

Something
I'm hoping that this will kick start his career here. Plenty of players struggle in the premier league early on, hell, Cas looked lost in his first few games for us before finding his way. Excellent game tonight.

NZT-One

Suprised to see people giving him Man of the Match and such praise. I think he played well after a mixed 1st half. 2nd half it was better and he finally showed a bit of defensive ability but I think this was really aided by Chelsea seemingly having no plan at all. That being said, without Casemiro he should be in the team in every game.

Pes6Monster

Delighted for him.

Noticed a few mistakes early on he was not phased. He persisted and played a good game. Let us hope there are many assured performances to follow.

Aint gota Kalou

Best DM performance we have seen all season? I hope this is the start of something as he's looked a few seconds behind in most of his games so far

Ollie Derbyshire

He needs a run of games in the team, tough games like away to Liverpool we should play Mainoo alongside him otherwise like usual the one DM will be constantly overrun, whoever that is.

criticalanalysis

Suprised to see people giving him Man of the Match and such praise. I think he played well after a mixed 1st half. 2nd half it was better and he finally showed a bit of defensive ability but I think this was really aided by Chelsea seemingly having no plan at all. That being said, without Casemiro he should be in the team in every game.
Same, although this could be said of all the players.

I think on an individual level, most played quite decently, even good. The issue is that this was such a bad Chelsea side that if they had a bit more composure, they could have scored 4-5 or even more past us. So many transitions and spaces to exploit. This one man midfield thing is not it.

90 + 5min

Best game so far. Lucky escape in first half after that stupid pass across the pitch. After that, brilliant in defensive work.

OrcaFat

Doubt we'll see it much, the way Ten Hag sees them it's very much one or the other to be the deep playmaker. Can't have 2 guys being that role, need the other to be the more combative player which is the idea with McTominay, but also for ten hag he clearly wants the other 2 midfielders to bomb forward.

I don't really think Mainoo and Amrabat would work that well anyway, but that's what ten hags view is I think.
You’re probably right but Mainoo can play in a box to box role and doesn’t mind getting forward. I’d like to see him with Amrabat at some point even if just 20 mins here or there.

Ekeke

Thought he was brilliant tonight apart from that one brainfart that led to a Chelsea chance
Had 2 in the first half, a pass straight to a Chelsea player for a counter and was also tackled being slow on the ball afterwards. But he also had some good moments with a couple of passes in the first half. Had a better 2nd half

Pickle85

Gave us a lot of solidity in the middle of the park but sometimes seems a step or two slow, or a tenth of a second's worth of thinking time slow. Don't think he's going to be a mainstay but did his job well today and worked hard.

OrcaFat

Gave us a lot of solidity in the middle of the park but sometimes seems a step or two slow, or a tenth of a second's worth of thinking time slow. Don't think he's going to be a mainstay but did his job well today and worked hard.
Considering he’s barely been playing, he did well. I’m sure his form will improve with more games (if he gets them). He still doesn’t look fit to me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You’re probably right but Mainoo can play in a box to box role and doesn’t mind getting forward. I’d like to see him with Amrabat at some point even if just 20 mins here or there.
Just based on from what I've seen of Mainoo, not sure that's developing him the right way. Gotta focus him as the deep playmaker as that's where he has elite potential and otherwise you can easily lead them in the wrong direction. Also on his actual ability, don't think he's ready to play that much as a box to box compared to as a deep playmaker.

Pickle85

Considering he’s barely been playing, he did well. I’m sure his form will improve with more games (if he gets them). He still doesn’t look fit to me.
Agree that he looks a little off the pace...if he acclimates to the prem a little more and gets minutes hopefully it'll show it's just rustiness and a new environment to adjust to.

Ekeke

I havent seen all of the 2nd half so im not going to insist this was the case in the 2nd, but this was my impression as well. In the first half he was in the right place to pickup a couple of loose balls, but actually didnt win any tackles or interceptions. I think one of the loose balls he picked up was like a long interception so its semantics on that one. He was caught on the ball and tackled and another time he played a suicide sideways pass straight into a Chelsea counter. He did play at least 1 or 2 good passes forward into players into good positions so, other than being simple with the ball and picking up a couple of loose balls he did have those couple of good forward passes to give some positives to his half. But it was a bad half.

2nd half I havent seen enough of so I'm just looking at the data and I can see he made 3 tackles in that half, which is 2nd only to Reguilon who was only on for 45 mins and made 4. Caicedo made 6 with more passes and touches. Amrabat had 2 dribbles

I'll watch it later but yeah it looked like he went from poor in the first half - with a couple of better moments, to a better more solid 2nd half

KeanoMagicHat

Shaky start with a bad pass but I thought he really grew into the game and his positive passing was refreshing, something that is lacking in our midfield.

redshaw

Good game.

He's played here and there and started off covering for the left back. I don't think he's been depended upon really until today or had chance to show himself.

Hopefully he can play well against other teams.

Blood Mage

Much better but Chelsea gave him the freedom of the pitch. I don't think we learned much, he is a tidy player when given time and space on the ball as we saw at Fiorentina.

OrcaFat

Just based on from what I've seen of Mainoo, not sure that's developing him the right way. Gotta focus him as the deep playmaker as that's where he has elite potential and otherwise you can easily lead them in the wrong direction. Also on his actual ability, don't think he's ready to play that much as a box to box compared to as a deep playmaker.
Mainoo is a talented kid. I don’t think we’ll ruin him by giving him some licence to get forward from time to time. For his development that would be helpful. I agree he is best suited to the no6 area but he looks comfortable moving forward. He has some qualities in common with FDJ - he’s a natural all-round footballer.

It will be interesting if Amrabat goes on a solid run of form. We’ll see then if they are really competing for one spot or whether EtH tries getting them both in.