Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Luckhurst is the one who said a United official screwed his face up upon being asked about Amrabat right? :lol:

flappyjay

how many players can you sign on loan in a season?

Loan because of FFP is nonsense, just sold Henderson which is all profit for accounting purposes as was selling Elanga.
I think the reports that we only had a 100m to spend without sales wasn't off the mark.

IRELANDUNITED

I have 2 questions.

1, Isn’t he in his final year of his contract? How exactly are we going to sign him on loan if he will be available for free next season?

2, how is our FFP situation so bad when the likes of City, with their 115 charges, are still able to sign players for 60,70,80m or whatever and still get away with it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What was his take on this story?
He said we were never interested. That he knew people in the club who were cold on Amrabat, that the smoke was all from his agent. And that if we wanted him at the club he'd already be here.

He has a massive egg on his face.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
What is the situation with our squad numbers? Can we get Amrabat and Gravenberch both on loan?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sooooo. About those geniuses on here who thought it was all fabricated by the players agent......
You do realise that agents often succeed in getting their player a move to a club?

Real Name

He said we were never interested. That he knew people in the club who were cold on Amrabat, that the smoke was all from his agent. And that if we wanted him at the club he'd already be here.

What a plonker.

Trex

What is the situation with our squad numbers? Can we get Amrabat and Gravenberch both on loan?
Amrabat comes in now Vdb loan has been agreed. Romano has been saying for long it depends on Fred and Vdb departure. I think this reduces Scott role as well. Even if Scott stays I don't see him playing much due to the presence of Mainoo as well.

philippexyz

Bring him in before Sunday, get him ready for the Arsenal game to play in a double pivot with Casemiro in order for us not to get embarrassed at the Emirates.
We'll need additional defensive presence. Maybe we can also avoid Saka rinsing Dalot on the right wing if we bring a decent left back on loan.

They will play similar with Rice and Partey in a double pivot behind Odegaard. Havertz will get dropped for this game, I think.

Crimson King

When doesn't he? The guy might as well use egg as shampoo.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I have 2 questions.

1, Isn’t he in his final year of his contract? How exactly are we going to sign him on loan if he will be available for free next season?

2, how is our FFP situation so bad when the likes of City, with their 115 charges, are still able to sign players for 60,70,80m or whatever and still get away with it?
1. It makes little sense, but it's possible if Fiorentina are resigned to losing him. They may as well be absolved of his wages and take a loan fee if that's the only financial gain they can make.

2. City sell players regularly, for actual fees! Whatever cheating we think they may have done or may be doing, they have sold around £200m worth of talent in the last 3 windows.

MegadrivePerson

Nothing like a bit of positivity is there
There's positivity and then there's realism. He's a 27 year old that has played for Feyenoord, Club Brugge and Fiorentina.

Most people seem to be basing there opinion on him on the world cup. The same world cup where Harry Maguire looked like a world beater!

He's a decent, industrious hard working player, but he's not the calibre of player required for a top Premier League team.

ErikElevenHag

I have 2 questions.

Because City can successfully shift players who are deemed surplus to requirements as well as getting good prices for players who've come through their academy.

This year they've sold Mahrez, Laporte, Trafford, Forbs and Charles for around 105 million euros, as well as people like Gundogan moving on from the wage bill

Last year they sold Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko, Lavia and Bazunu for around 174 million euros.

This makes a huge difference when it comes to FFP. The academy products are pure profit and selling the others makes wiggle room for them to operate within FFP.

We are struggling to do the same and this is leaving us in a position where we can't bring in additional players.

El Jefe

Please don't attack him if he doesn't end up being our saviour, which he obviously won't be.

An upgrade for sure but he's not exactly a game changer and I feel the anticipation around him has gone into overdrive now.

Xaviboy

Bring him in before Sunday, get him ready for the Arsenal game to play in a double pivot with Casemiro in order for us not to get embarrassed at the Emirates.
We'll need additional defensive presence. Maybe we can also avoid Saka rinsing Dalot on the right wing if we bring a decent left back on loan.

They will play similar with Rice and Partey in a double pivot behind Odegaard. Havertz will get dropped for this game, I think.
Agree going to need legs and energy in midfield Sunday but doesn't Ten Hag have this policy to have a weeks training with team before he selects you but we will need him Sunday.

gaffs

If we pull this off, especially as a loan to buy, we have played it brilliantly.

The player is unsettled, he only wants to come to United (it seems) potentially due to Ten Hags assurances, Fiorentina are backed into a corner so we can get a deal that works for us from a cost and FFP perspective.

gaffs

Please don't attack him if he doesn't end up being our saviour, which he obviously won't be.

An upgrade for sure but he's not exactly a game changer and I feel the anticipation around him has gone into overdrive now.
I agree. I think some expect him to be prime Kante.

Big upgrade on Fred though.

Real Name

Because City can successfully shift players who are deemed surplus to requirements as well as getting good prices for players who've come through their academy.

This year they've sold Mahrez, Laporte, Trafford, Forbs and Charles for around 105 million euros, as well as people like Gundogan moving on from the wage bill

Last year they sold Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko, Lavia and Bazunu for around 174 million euros.

This makes a huge difference when it comes to FFP. The academy products are pure profit and selling the others makes wiggle room for them to operate within FFP.

We are struggling to do the same and this is leaving us in a position where we can't bring in additional players.
Also inventing sponsors helps.

Real Name

Nobody expects him to be a saviour. At this point we need bodies in midfield and he at least provides that.
Its a shit situation I know.

Blood Mage

A signing that could turn our season from a disappointing one into a respectable one, get it fecking done.

bosskeano

if Donny leaves on loan....this gives us the opportunity to bring him in on loan

ErikElevenHag

Agree going to need legs and energy in midfield Sunday but doesn't Ten Hag have this policy to have a weeks training with team before he selects you but we will need him Sunday.
No, this is a myth which is constantly peddled. We played antony 3 days after signing him vs arsenal last year. The only player who has spent any prolonged period out of the team following signing is Casemiro*, everyone else has been integrated into the team almost straight away.

*not counting Hojlund as he's been injured since signing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
1. It makes little sense, but it's possible if Fiorentina are resigned to losing him. They may as well be absolved of his wages and take a loan fee if that's the only financial gain they can make.

2. City sell players regularly, for actual fees! Whatever cheating we think they may have done or may be doing, they have sold around £200m worth of talent in the last 3 windows.
Also, I don't really think City give a shit about FFP.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

I don't think anyone expects him to be our saviour. But he's a necessary addition to have some quality in midfield, which as you've seen in the opening 3 games, is too easy to play against.

evil_geko

Literally no one expects him to be a world beater or savior, people are just making things up now so they have reason to shit on this transfer. :lol:

He will be a great squad player, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.