Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Haha...should have clarified. I don't mean Onana, meant Altay Bayindir.
Ah that makes more sense. Yeah, the clips I've seen of him don't look great.

Haven't seen any link between him and ETH which means he may actually be fully from the scouts, that could be the most worrying thing :lol:

Plastic Evra

So if you're not paying that much you're getting screwed over? Pretty shit take to be honest.

150-200M per season is a more than reasonable budget but we've made some shocking transfers and overspent under Ten Hag. Arsenal challenged for the League with that budget.
We made shocking transfers and overspent with all managers for a while, to be fair.
Also while ten Hag might shoulder some of the blame he is not the one negotiating the deal amounts and structure. It's fair to wonder if he pushed / vouched for Antony to the point United made that deal instead of walking away, for instance.

Also the fees this windows are especially bad and a noticeable escalation for everyone. To an extent I can reasonably accept it was a (bad) surprise.

I agree he was adequately backed in a purely financial sense. Let's see where he brings the team this year. A convincing top 3 finish (which personally I don't expect) and / or good UCL campaign and I'd say he performed up to expectations.

Mainoldo

Not announced is it? Also haven't been looking today but yesterday they were saying it was a loan with a buy obligation and wasn't buy right away, did that change? Because if not then the funds don't apply right now.

Transfermarkt has us at £130m net basically. Needs Henderson's funds to just align us to our budget that was reported months ago. Amrabat seemingly dependent on an actual sale for Donny or McTominay.
You know how United do. It will be announced at the last minute. But just to update you it’s £20m £15m upfront.

kaku06

Vulgarian
However skint we are, we surely would get it done given the urgent need we have. Just sign the poor fecker. He’s been waiting so long for us he might go into depression if we don’t get it done.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So if you're not paying that much you're getting screwed over? Pretty shit take to be honest.

150-200M per season is a more than reasonable budget but we've made some shocking transfers and overspent under Ten Hag. Arsenal challenged for the League with that budget.
Something clearly ain’t right… we’ve had about 5 different managers over the years and not one of them can get the signings right… think you’re right though we’re not spending the money wisely. Keep signing dodgy players.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I don't understand how the club cant work to sort these targets earlier. He will sign now, pissed off already that Steve MccLaren wasn't organized enough to secure the signature earlier in the season. He won't have time to integrate with the rest of the team now - just think of how imperious Amrabat and McTominay could be in the centre of the pitch for us. With Casemiro as an able sub - glorious! We will see, hopefully McClaren can sort it out

Pirlo'sBeard

However skint we are, we surely would get it done given the urgent need we have. Just sign the poor fecker. He’s been waiting so long for us he might go into depression if we don’t get it done.
He'll definitely go into depression when he joins.

theatreofdreams777

Still don't like this potential signing. Bargain bin stuff. Just don't think he's good enough.
Yeah, me neither. The constant talk about "deadwood" and who should leave is meaningless when you add more. I'd rather we had kept Fred instead of this signing.

MetoTTT

Well we're a pure disaster thanks to the Glazers. They're doing their best to destroy this club even more. Absolutely laughing stock. Please, get them out!!! That's the most important thing. Sorry for the guy (if the reports were true).

Big Ray

Yeah, me neither. The constant talk about "deadwood" and who should leave is meaningless when you add more. I'd rather we had kept Fred instead of this signing.
I think everyone will get a nice surprise. He’s miles ahead of Fred. Sorry for all ye that haven’t even watched him play. :confused:

dinostar77

Basically, would give Utd alot of options. strong, dynamic, relentless energy and a very good long passer of the ball.

FBref stats are misleading as hes a DM for morocco in a very defensive national team. whereas hes a DLP for fiorentina (team with 2nd most posession in serie A last season).

would dovetail well with casemiro, while mount is out as ge would plug the gaps that casemiro cant (he cant do it all by himself).

Sounds like a better fit for our needs than gravenberch.

Last edited:

Dominos

He’s still being screwed over in the fact that our recruitment team and scouting team are so crap at there jobs he’s having to go to players he’s previously worked with… I read up something before that guardiola as signed like 1 player I think that’s he worked with previously. He tells his transfer team exactly the type of player he wants and I bet they give him a list and he’ll pick which one he prefers. We don’t get that luxury… either that or ETH is just dumb and thinks his previous players can do what they did for Ajax in the prem.
That's quite a spin you've got there. The most likely explanation is ETH doesn't want other people making decisions on the make up of his squad and is enjoying the power that our incredibly dumb football director is giving him. There's no way we don't have a list of targets our recruitment team like, they're just getting ignored in favour of ETH picking his ex players, Dutch players and Eredivisie products.

Having said that, the last 10 years suggest no one at our club has an eye for a player and everyone involved needs replacing because our transfer record is horrendous. Unfortunately, ETH also seems to have questionable judgement given we've spent £400m and performances are still poor.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Arsenal only challenged for the league after their owner terminated the contract of 8 players, which allowed their football department a clean slate to add to the team.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Willian
Sokratis
Shkodran Mustafi
Mesut Ozil
Sead Kolasinac
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Hector Bellerin

Nicholas Pepe is the latest player they're looking to terminate from their books. And they have made mistakes signing players under Edu and Arteta and have finished 8th, 8th, 5th and then 2nd in Arteta's 4 seasons at the club. But the Arsenal owners have backed them both when it comes to terminating contracts and signing players.

And there's no way the Glazers would do anything similar to what Josh Kroenke has done at Arsenal. The problem is quite clearly the Glazers who are a handicap in comparison to owners at other clubs.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

He's probably tired answering his neighbors, of why he's been out there with luggage in the last couple of months.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I cannot stand shit like this it’s been reported extensively by very reliable sources. It’s not a random tweet ffs.
It was reported by James Horncastle about it being a loan and Romano has said there hasn't been a loan proposal from United.

Not that I care too much because I believe it will be done.

OrcaFat

This is no joke FSP 23/24 season states 90% of 2022/23 season can be spent on Wages, Financials, Net Transfer fee, Amortised transfer fees, Agent Fees, Expenses and incidentals. Our third quarter prediction was a final record Turnover of £630m which means the club can spend 90% of that value on all the above £567m

FFP is completely different,
the small fine we received this summer of £300,000 was because the Glazers have not invested any money in the last 3 years and miscalculated the ‘Covid’ credit scheme which allows for certain additional financial relief during the last three years.

The club could easily spend £300m with the right owners this summers who invest in the club and UEFA and FIFA would Do absolutely nothing !

For reference this is the site

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/new...a-s-new-financial-sustainability-regulations/

The only thing affecting united ability to spend are the Glazers, even the amortised transfer debt of £304m is still only £80m per year in the FSP calculations.
Thank you.

It looked like you were saying our player sales were somehow amortised and generating spending power 5x the total we received.If not, it is an illustration of how convoluted it can be.

Whoever the owners may be, there must be distinction between what we are theoretically allowed to spend and how much it is practical or desirable to spend.

Spending under the Glazers is limited by debt burden and, I surmise, a reticence to invest. They don’t take all that much money out in dividends, I thought.

Whilst it might help to spend more (and I do believe the power to spend improves negotiating positions), spending a little more successfully (wisely?) would also help. This is about having the right people making recruitment and sales decisions.

OrcaFat

Give it a rest, he’s played two games for us and it’s also not his fault we’ve been so poorly ran.

I’m looking forward to seeing how long it will take for certain fans to turn on Amrabat as well.
Already happened, hasn’t it? Some saying he’s a waste of money and not better than McT.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It was reported by James Horncastle about it being a loan and Romano has said there hasn't been a loan proposal from United.

Not that I care too much because I believe it will be done.
Di Marzio also reported it.

avgp_1

No I just watched them. He was average/poor last season and Mandragora is easily a better player. Castrovilli was better in past seasons but now he gets injured and doesnt play enough so you might choose Amrabat due to availability. Not ability. Bonaventura was probably a bit better than Amrabat and Duncan is about the same level as Amrabat.

Fiorentina were very average and finished 8th, with Amrabat's position one of those they could improve on

They've started the season with a win and a draw with a midfield 3 of Bonaventura, Mandragora and Arthur and sit 5th after 2 games with Amrabat frozen out and training alone, no participation in the team
Mandragora is basically the Italian Fred, great energy, does his best work further ahead but gives the ball away ridiculously. He is no way better than Amrabat. Bonaventura is a quality player but he is old now and plays more of in the Odegaard role.

Amrabat imo was very good at the start of the season, some commanding displays against likes of Napoli and Milan. Its post World Cup when he had a lull period which he picked up during the cup runs for Fiorentina. I have these concerns about him, he does have games when he doesn't look sharp or interested. Torreira for example was better than him a season or so ago but he somewhat stepped up last season, in the big games at least.

And 8th is not the end of the world for Fiorentina when you consider the big 6/7 usually should finish above them and they hadn't properly replaced Vlahovic, Cabral took a while to get going. This season has just started and the win was against a promoted side, and they also lost to Wien in ECL. Having said that, I do think Arthur is a good replacement if he stays fit.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Di Marzio also reported it.
Di Marzio didn't go into details about it though. Only Horncastle has provided details about a loan if I'm not mistaken.

And whether we offered a 2m loan or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned because the most important thing is to sign the player due to him being a stylistic fit for what we need. And only the Glazers will scupper a potential deal imo.

And if we do end up with Onana, Amrabat, Mount and Hojlund with Kobbie Mainoo also being included into the squad, then I think considering the constraints under the umbrella of the Glazer ownership compared to other rival ownership, it will be a good window imo.

Marcus

McSofyan doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but I can live with that.

Woziak

Thank you.

It looked like you were saying our player sales were somehow amortised and generating spending power 5x the total we received.If not, it is an illustration of how convoluted it can be.

Whoever the owners may be, there must be distinction between what we are theoretically allowed to spend and how much it is practical or desirable to spend.

Spending under the Glazers is limited by debt burden and, I surmise, a reticence to invest. They don’t take all that much money out in dividends, I thought.

Whilst it might help to spend more (and I do believe the power to spend improves negotiating positions), spending a little more successfully (wisely?) would also help. This is about having the right people making recruitment and sales decisions.
The Glazers have taken copious amounts of money from the clubs in dividends over the years and that’s why they were fined this year, because they have never invested a single penny of their own money!

Had they invested the £90m allowed over the last 3 years, the club would be able to operate in a completely different way this summer. Most of the clubs transfers are not paid in upfront payments but amortised over 4/5 years, Deals like Antony was signed on 5 years at £82m or £16.4m per season plus wages of £10m per year so he currently costs the club £26.4m from our allowance if £567m this summer, if you go through the whole squad and add this summers transfers which have all been amortised, there should be £25-30m net left over and the three transfers made are all 5 year contracts so £43m for Onana £8.6m per, Mount £55m or £11m per year and then R Hojlund at £12.8m, of course we need to add the wages to those figures but we have also lost De Gea wages, Fred wages, P Jones, Tuanzebe, Ronaldo(6months),
Sabitzer(6 months), A Teles, Weghorst which is £1.1m per week or £57m per year saving, even if we add Rashford new contract, Onana, Mount and Hojlund wages that’s only about £32m which means there is already a net saving of £25m on wages plus the saving in last years accounts because of the clause in all the squads contracts that reduces by 20/25% if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

The Financial sustainability rules which start this year are not overly complicated but extremely transparent, even Fifa have put in new Agents examinations and stringent changes to maximising the Agents fees to between 5 and 10% now so the days of Agents earning £30-40m out of a transfer are no longer an option.

The simple fact is, the Glazers can not continue to own the club without Some form of investment, because the club is no longer making profits but instead makes a loss due to nearly £30-40m per year being paid by the club in interest payments just to service the historic debt of £560m.

Next year FSP reduces to 80% which will have a significant impact, especially if the Glazers are still in charge of the club. The first thing any new owners would want to do to have a significant affect on transfers is to pay the historic debt off first then to pay of all the amortised transfer debt owed by Man United to the various clubs around Europe.

croadyman

Yeah, it's pretty clear that we view Amrabat as a bit of a stop-gap. I'll be interested to see what our long term plan is.
Maybe it's something nuts like they think that Tchouameni/Camavinga are gettable next summer under new ownership. Getting it back on topic I presume IF we can find an agreement for him then only need to get paperwork to league by 12pm Fri. I suppose what I'm saying is that the medical can be done later on Fri maybe even Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.