Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Forrest had 17m accepted.
So we know his sale price is 19m euros.

The 27m figure must be absolute stone cold bollocks. Or just as likely, the whole report is bollocks.

Drizzle

I'm finding this whole thing depressing.

I dont even think Amrabat is that good. A decent Europa League standard player that fills out the squad and makes us a bit more tactically flexible and resilient. Nothing wrong with that I suppose. But he's not raising our levels at all.

And while we're scrambling about trying to get him on the cheap, City have got Nunes, Arsenal got Rice, Chelsea got Caicedo and Lavia, Liverpool got Mac Allister and Szob (and probably Gravenberch). We're actually going to be worse in midfield comparatively than last year. And that's the best case scenario assuming we do actually get Amrabat.

The Irish Connection

I dont even think Amrabat is that good. A decent Europa League standard player that fills out the squad and makes us a bit more tactically flexible and resilient. Nothing wrong with that I suppose. But he's not raising our levels at all.

And while we're scrambling about trying to get him on the cheap, City have got Nunes, Arsenal got Rice, Chelsea got Caicedo and Lavia, Liverpool got Mac Allister and Szob (and probably Gravenberch). We're actually going to be worse in midfield comparatively than last year. And that's the best case scenario assuming we do actually get Amrabat.
24 hours left now…

Care_de_Bobo

City have made over £100m in sales. Our biggest outgoing is still fecking Elanga
Mostly sales from academy products who have barely any first team minutes. You're acting as if the money they've pumped into the academy over the years hasnt had an impact. They are getting a massive cash injection for players they wouldn't even use during the course of the season.

They have assets other clubs want to buy, we don't. Their decade and a half of cheating got them to this comfortable position and will now be very difficult to stop. We all know the 115 charges won't amount to anything in the end, because the authorities will effectively be telling the paying fans that the competition they've been following has been a total sham this whole time.

aeh1991

while we have Mount :wenger:

DickDastardly

If he could repeat that WC performance, he's really good.

He's a little pitbull kind of player we badly need, the one that keeps nipping and shinning the opposition all day long.

And as i remember from the WC, he's quite fast, remember him keeping pace with Alphonso Davies of all players.
He also picked the shit out of Kovačić when we played Morroco.

Get it done.

Big Ray

If he could repeat that WC performance, he's really good.

He's a little pitbull kind of player we badly need, the one that keeps nipping and shinning the opposition all day long.

And as i remember from the WC, he's quite fast, remember him keeping pace with Alphonso Davies of all players.
He also picked the shit out of Kovačić when we played Morroco.

Get it done.
This is the player I have watched and envisage as an integral part of our midfield and one which dominated £100m Declan Rice yet some aren’t convinced! :wenger:

Infra-red

United are shopping at the Europa League level. That is the reality.

Bellingham, Rice, Enzo Fernandez, Caicedo - United could never have done any of those deals. We weren't even in with a sniff.

The Irish Connection

Bellingham, Rice, Enzo Fernandez, Caicedo - United could never have done any of those deals. We weren't even in with a sniff.
But I thought we could do things other teams could only dream of?!

GueRed

Kane too. We just never had the budget to start off with

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Its an imperfect storm of deadwood with no value and huge wages, too many holes to fill in the squad, a rumoured sale and FFP.
Yeah there always seems to be something with us. Can be quite frustrating.

GueRed

Its an imperfect storm of deadwood with no value and huge wages, too many holes to fill in the squad, a rumoured sale and FFP.
Yeah all in one transfer window was impossible. plus sale and constraints of ffp was always going to be an obstacle

captaincantona

Bellingham, Rice, Enzo Fernandez, Caicedo - United could never have done any of these deals. We weren't even in with a sniff.
Never a truer word spoken. And it’s mad - it’s not that we didn’t have the money to spend - it’s that we spent it on the wrong players - Sancho, Antony, Casemiro, Mount cumulatively cost €250million - regardless of opinions or views, none represent good value or clear planning. It’s really irritating.

Also, even if you forget about those top tier players. Look at some of the other transfers these last 2 windows that we seemingly were not interested in -

nunes €38million to wolves
Vitinha€40 million to psg
Botman €37 million to newcastle
Viera €35million to Arsenal
Onana €35million to Everton
Gravenberch €20million to Bayern
Gusto€30million to Chelsea
Akanji €17million to City
Torres €33million to Villa - Fuking Villa
Kudus€45 million to Fuking west ham
KOVACIC €30 million

my god we get mugged for the wrong players. It’s like we need to buy big to prove we can instead of just using logic.

there is value - we are just not interested - wrong place, wrong player, wrong time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

We could have definitely signed one of Enzo, Rice or Caicedo if we had wanted. We chose not to and went for other players instead. We paid close to £65m for Casemiro and over £80m for Antony, Antony fee by itself would have probably been enough to sign Enzo/Caicedo/Rice last season.

Bellingham was never attainable for anyone but Real Madrid.

DickDastardly

KOVACIC €30 million
Aside from Akanji who looks good, i wouldn't want any of them. And that's only because of the system of play his team plays.
That goes to Kovačić as well, although i highly doubt he'll play once KDB gets back.

The rest are probably Amrabat level.

Who knows though, we might even hit a jackpot with Sofi.

Woodzy

Aside from Akanji who looks good, i wouldn't want any of them. And that's only because of the system of play his team plays.
That goes to Kovačić as well, although i highly doubt he'll play once KDB gets back.

Akanji also got a lot of stick here before he joined City. We were linked with him and many claimed he wasn't good enough.

Gordon Godot

We could have definitely signed one of Enzo, Rice or Caicedo if we had wanted. We chose not to and went for other players instead. We paid close to £65m for Casemiro and over £80m for Antony, Antony fee by itself would have probably been enough to sign Enzo/Caicedo/Rice last season.

Bellingham was never attainable for anyone but Real Madrid.
We desperately needed a top level CM and the failure to sign one is embarrasing. We should never have wasted the money on Casemiro, who will need replacing by end of season, and Antony is a joke. Why we didnt look at a player like Maddison to replace Eriksen is beyond me

Gordon Godot

Never a truer word spoken. And it’s mad - it’s not that we didn’t have the money to spend - it’s that we spent it on the wrong players - Sancho, Antony, Casemiro, Mount cumulatively cost €250million - regardless of opinions or views, none represent good value or clear planning. It’s really irritating.

Also, even if you forget about those top tier players. Look at some of the other transfers these last 2 windows that we seemingly were not interested in -

KOVACIC €30 million

my god we get mugged for the wrong players. It’s like we need to buy big to prove we can instead of just using logic.

there is value - we are just not interested - wrong place, wrong player, wrong time.
We have no football management structure, no coherent football style and just allow managers to sign who they want.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We should (hopefully) be through most of that by the next transfer window, is the one small consolation.
You'd think but there's always something. Bruno will get arrested for money laundering or some shit.

captaincantona

I don’t disagree - I’m just saying the value compared to what we have/are paying for players is unreal when the quality really is not much different.

Brianschoccysurprise

Any chance of having him in for Sunday? Feels like we need him or it will be a LONG afternoon.
I have to say i think Casemiro being pushed up the park a little more with Amrabat sitting feels like a good idea. Despite how poor Cas has been defensivly he has been pretty decent in more advance positions, ane should of scored another couple against spurs & Forest

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There was literally 60m sat on the table for two players deemed unwanted by the manager :wenger:
Maguire wanted to be compensated so it ate a lot into the 30m fee. And mct is clearly still rated by Ten Hag as a squad player. It's clear he wants mct plus another ideally.

El Zoido

Horrendous planning
Why the hell did we buy Mount? We have so many more important positions to address. I do not understand this transfer at all, especially as it’s clearly impacted our budget.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
There was literally 60m sat on the table for two players deemed unwanted by the manager :wenger:
Problem with that is one of them refused to leave when we accepted a single bid for him, so even if we did accept the double bid, one of them didn’t get refused to go!

RedUnited86

Does anyone know if a loan with an obligation to buy has to go on this season's books or the next?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why the hell did we buy Mount? We have so many more important positions to address. I do not understand this transfer at all, especially as it’s clearly impacted our budget.
Mount was a key transfer for Ten Hags plan and was targeted accordingly, like it or lump it.

Status
Not open for further replies.