Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he manages to outcompete Case at times. Case is brilliant but he doesn’t always play his best. If he gets a knock or goes off the boil, Amrabat will be straight in there. Then Case will have to fight to get back in, which is exactly as it should be.

I back Case to raise his level and keep it high (he’ll need to). Even then Amrabat will get plenty of minutes and a fair few starts in one system or another.
Yeah you feel like he has that character to step into the role when required,problem is the Fred stuff isn't going anywhere at the mo

OrcaFat

Yeah you feel like he has that character to step into the role when required,problem is the Fred stuff isn't going anywhere at the mo
Yeah, exactly. Good ol’ Fred; feels like we can’t give him away.

zaafi

His level for a 19 year old is already very good, he could easily start games for us and cover Casemiro

His potential in the long run with Casemiro being 32 this season is huge we could have the DM spot locked down for the next 10 years.
He could, as could Sean Longstaff. It just wouldn't end very well. He's not ready for our level yet. Southampton lost nearly every midfield battle ffs.

Castia

For a 19 year old hes incredibly raw and not ready for a top six club.

Dont take my word for it, the best player analysis channel on youtube said so.

He’ll play 40 games for Liverpool next season and he’s been linked with Chelsea and ourselves. I believe the scouring departments over multiple PL clubs thank you very much

Idxomer

I wouldn't call Amrabat a powerful runner at all, he's nothing like Rice in that aspect from what I've seen.

What he does have our other midfielders don't is his quality ball retention in deeper areas.

croadyman

I wouldn't call Amrabat a powerful runner at all, he's nothing like Rice in that aspect from what I've seen.

What he does have our other midfielders don't is his quality ball retention in deeper areas.
Yeah the ball retention thing is huge

Irwin99

Wonder if there's a possibility that, if he performs well, he slots alongside Casemiro for most games, Mount goes to the 10 role and Bruno goes on the right? Sancho and Antony were disappointing in terms of overall goals and assists last year and if it continues I can see Bruno starting there more often.

OrcaFat

Wonder if there's a possibility that, if he performs well, he slots alongside Casemiro for most games, Mount goes to the 10 role and Bruno goes on the right? Sancho and Antony were disappointing in terms of overall goals and assists last year and if it continues I can see Bruno starting there more often.
It’s not an illogical idea but I just don’t see it happening a lot, possibly as an in-game switch if Antony is having a mare. Mostly I think we’ll see three out of Case, Bruno, Mount and Amrabat depending on form fitness and tactics.

Zumbi

Ok so take Lavia out of the equation we sign Amrabat and have Case where is Mainoo featuring anyway? He’s a third choice option at DM this season and probably needs a loan for his development

In the long term having both Mainoo and Lavia is great for the squad 2 highly rated midfielders that could be here for 10 years I don’t see the problem
Having a balance of ages and experience in the squad is important. A 32 year old, a 27 year old and an 18 year old makes more sense for current performance and long term squad stability than having a 32 year old, a 19 year old and an 18 year old.

If neither Mainoo or Lavia cut the mustard as they develop then we’d just be left with an aging Casemiro.

As long as we get rid of Fred, VDB and maybe McTominay there will be more than enough minutes for Mainoo and Arambat, whilst still providing an optimal balance of ages and experience.

croadyman

It's the last thing we need in midfield. We need younger players, our midfield is aging (not saying that Amrabat is old, just responding to your argument).
Maybe he sees Mainoo as a similar sort of young player and wants someone in that mid 20's age bracket but could be wrong

Zumbi

It's the last thing we need in midfield. We need younger players, our midfield is aging (not saying that Amrabat is old, just responding to your argument).
Amrabat perfectly bridges the age gap between Casemiro and Mainoo, allowing better squad balance and a smoother transition in the coming years. A player in his thirties and two teenagers just doesn’t make as much sense.

RedOrange

Amrabat perfectly bridges the age gap between Casemiro and Mainoo, allowing better squad balance and a smoother transition in the coming years. A player in his thirties and two teenagers just doesn’t make as much sense.
Amrabat also seems like he's got a different skill set to Casemiro and would allow for some tactical flexibility.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Which is why they were so reluctant to let Rice go for 100M. The market is insane.
To be honest with the Rice money they can get all three of Ward Prowse, McTominay and Maguire. They just need to pay up like everyone else.

croadyman

To be honest with the Rice money they can get all three of Ward Prowse, McTominay and Maguire. They just need to pay up like everyone else.
Yeah clubs know they have that money so every right to demand big fees for players

Zumbi

Amrabat also seems like he's got a different skill set to Casemiro and would allow for some tactical flexibility.
Yep, agreed. It just seems like an eminently sensible and affordable way of upgrading our squad. No guarantee it’ll work of course but I hope it happens.

lysglimt

Scout
But realistically - where would he play ? We have Casemiro, Mount, Bruno, Eriksen, McTominay - we will probably end up with Amrabat. And we have Mainoo. He is a big talent, but he isn't better than many of those players and we can't spend £50 million for a player who short term wont strengthen us and plays in a position where we aren't weak.

AndySmith1990

He's 27. Why do we need more players who are younger than that? We have plenty of young players in the squad already

AFC NimbleThumb

You don’t build winning teams in real life as you do on Football Manager. Say we signed Lavia, you’d have him & Kobbie vying for the ‘young midfielder’ spot. Amrabat bridges the gap. I can see us going young when Eriksen is shifted next Summer.

Bobski

I feel Amrabat might only be a good Europa League level midfield rather than the next level up. His dribbling is interesting but have some concerns that it would be less impactful in the PL than in Serie A, a little one paced for that style in England I fear.

However if we can get him for a decent fee and a reasonable wage that would allow him to be shifted on if necessary then it is deffo worth a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.