Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

I’m still lost to the idea that out of all the options in Europe. This is the only midfielder we find suitable!!

Man City would never.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m still lost to the idea that out of all the options in Europe. This is the only midfielder we find suitable!!

Man City would never.
Guess it depends on the manager. ETH has an habit of signing players he’s worked with before… doesn’t always work though

Judas

Open to offers
This is all looking very much like one of those where in a the blink of an eye he’s signing for someone else after all this faff about him joining us all summer.

GoldanoGraham

This is all looking very much like one of those where in a the blink of an eye he’s signing for someone else after all this faff about him joining us all summer.
Yep can see that also……out of nowhere he is suddenly signing for Atleti Madrid and we will say we were never interested…..

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.

Man City would never.
Kalvin Philips?. Arambat is class and is proven and tested on highest level. What more do you want from a new player?. I'm assuming you are aware that country of origin and reputation aren't actually that important to the qualities of a player :lol:

parmenio

Not if we don't have the money as we saw with Pavard.
It looks very likely Amrabat has had assurances he will be a United player. Remember he knows the manager. Otherwise he would have signed elsewhere I guess Pavard was never a priority?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If Amrabat isn’t staying, we’re not the only club interested in him. Think there’s Liverpool and Atl Madrid aswell.

ShinjiNinja26

I mean fab has been saying all summer hes our number one target for MF but...doesn't look like we have even tabled a bid
He’s also repeatedly said any move for Amrabat is dependent on us shifting Fred and Donny. Currently we’ve only managed to move one of them on and it looks like we’ll be stuck with Donny so I can’t see a move for Amrabat materialising unfortunately.

Gandalf

He’s also repeatedly said any move for Amrabat is dependent on us shifting Fred and Donny. Currently we’ve only managed to move one of them on and it looks like we’ll be stuck with Donny so I can’t see a move for Amrabat materialising unfortunately.
Well Donny was never going to bring in much so not sure how much that is impacting things but we definitley took a lot less than we expected for Fred. I still believe we are trying to scrape together the money for this through smaller deals like Emeran, Iqbal etc. We should see a small book profit on Kovar even if we are signing Bayindir and presumably Henderson will generate at least a loan fee. We are essentially digging behind the sofa cushions for spare change to see if we can afford one more player and hoping he is still there when we find enough.

Borussia Teeth

It looks very likely Amrabat has had assurances he will be a United player. Remember he knows the manager. Otherwise he would have signed elsewhere I guess Pavard was never a priority?
This how I see it regarding the assurances. Personally, I think Evans is good enough replacement for Maguire as 3rd choice rcb and 4th choice lcb. The money needs to spent on Midfield.

Chairman Steve

At this point, I’m expecting Chelsea to just sign him because why not and we’ll sign someone else. Must be moving somewhere if he’s training separately and not playing.

Prodigy24

Unfortunately it looks like he won't be joining. Just as I've been thinking for the past few weeks. If we really wanted him, he'd be done by now. Looks like we'll have to file him in the folder next to Gaitan and Sneijder.

Marwood

Unfortunately it looks like he won't be joining. Just as I've been thinking for the past few weeks. If we really wanted him, he'd be done by now. Looks like we'll have to file him in the folder next to Gaitan and Sneijder.
Wouldn't the same apply to any other team after him? If they really wanted him he'd be gone?

If that's true and he's staying, why is he training alone?

Plastic Evra

It certainly seems there's a move brewing, I doubt Fiorentina would entertain not including him just because this bald dreamy Moroccan man is pining for his United soulmate that will bid any day now... Surely there's concrete talks happening with at least one club.

the_cliff

I still don't see how we'll improve with Amrabat and where he'll play. May be a controversial opinion but he'll have to be a replacement for Casemiro and not play alongside him. A midfield of Amrabat-Casemiro-Bruno is far too rigid and would be an absolute bore to watch...

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I still don't see how we'll improve with Amrabat and where he'll play. May be a controversial opinion but he'll have to be a replacement for Casemiro and not play alongside him. A midfield of Amrabat-Casemiro-Bruno is far too rigid and would be an absolute bore to watch...
I disagree, to be honest.

I would say the idea of having a solid double pivot of Amrabat & Casemiro behind an attacking front four of Rashford, Bruno, Hoijlund and Antony sounds good.

nmm85

I would say the idea of having a solid double pivot of Amrabat & Casemiro behind an attacking front four of Rashford, Bruno, Hoijlund and Antony sounds good.
What about Mount though? Bench? I would imagine he would be starting most matches but I guess he can replace one of those attackers depending on the game. This really shows how unbalanced and unsure we are of our midfield.

NZT-One

I agree, it does sound good enough.

The question is, if ETHs plan was to play with two attacking 8s in front of Casemiro with the fullbacks tucking in - is it really benefitting us in the long term to ditch that idea (plus the recruitment we have done for it) at the first sign of adversities?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I still think he'll end up at a decent midtable club. Maybe a replacement for the rumoured Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunes, who seems to be attracting interest from City.

kaku06

Vulgarian

Getting a new midfielder is even more of a must now
Mctominay survives again.:lol: Just when we thought he would be gone this summer. So, we aren’t accepting low offers for him. Nobody is bidding high offers for him. We aren’t buying anyone before we sell him. Everything was already hard enough and now this Mount injury. From definitely being sold to sneaking into the starting 11 again :lol:. I swear god owes him something. If he survives this season, testimonial coming in 3 years. Take a bow son, take a bow.

the_cliff

It does make sense if we're playing a big side (even then I'd prefer a player in the mould of Gravenberch next to Cas), but against the small sides it will be a whole bunch of side to side passing and everyone will complain we have all the possession but don't create anything. Which is the opposite of where we are now, not having much possession but creating a decent amount of chances.

We have one of the highest xG in the league so far and have created the second most chances/big chances but we've only scored one goal and people think Amrabat coming in would help out in that regard. Our problem against Tottenham was not the midfield, it was not going into the half 2 up like we should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.