Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I agree, it does sound good enough.

The question is, if ETHs plan was to play with two attacking 8s in front of Casemiro with the fullbacks tucking in - is it really benefitting us in the long term to ditch that idea (plus the recruitment we have done for it) at the first sign of adversities?
Yeah I get what you mean. I don't think he's going to ditch it completely - I think while Mount is injured Eriksen will play and we may even keep VdB until January at least.

I think against big teams the double pivot would provide defensive support and then two attacking 8s can be used against 'lesser' teams (I know Wolves overran us, but I do think having a no.9 will help the overall setup)

I think ETH will be flexible with it. Not necessarily ditching the 4-3-3.

Chief123

I still don't see how we'll improve with Amrabat and where he'll play. May be a controversial opinion but he'll have to be a replacement for Casemiro and not play alongside him. A midfield of Amrabat-Casemiro-Bruno is far too rigid and would be an absolute bore to watch...
It can certainly work. Don’t forget it wasn’t long ago we were playing Mctominay, Fred and Bruno and getting a decent run of results. Swapping McFred for Casemiro and Amrabat can work for sure.

RedOrange

What about Mount though? Bench? I would imagine he would be starting most matches but I guess he can replace one of those attackers depending on the game. This really shows how unbalanced and unsure we are of our midfield.
Amrabat would take Casemiro's spot in most matches, not Mount's.

redIndianDevil

Just because the manager was hard on on some players, it doesn't mean club has accomodate every single thing. I know this talking point has been used soo many times, but what's the point of having all the scouting and data scientist to monitor players if we just end up go and get the player's that manager wants. The manager was also hard on Antony. Club went and spent 90m to get him from Ajax and on top of that they get rinsed by paying him 200k per week. Well well he's turned out to be fecking turd.
I don’t think you got what I was trying to say

parmenio

I still don't see how we'll improve with Amrabat and where he'll play. May be a controversial opinion but he'll have to be a replacement for Casemiro and not play alongside him. A midfield of Amrabat-Casemiro-Bruno is far too rigid and would be an absolute bore to watch...
We are hardly great to watch now. Constantly over ran in midfield. Too lightweight and too many attackers unwilling to help out or even make runs / create space. We need a functional midfield currently we don’t have this. Mount out for 4-6 week you really want McTom playing every game?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We’ve got to be all over that. Could be a really good bargain if he makes our midfield more solid with Casemiro and then we have a front 4 that can cause problems. We was forever trying to lower the price down with our other targets but this one’s already been done.

Big Ray

I agree, it does sound good enough.

The question is, if ETHs plan was to play with two attacking 8s in front of Casemiro with the fullbacks tucking in - is it really benefitting us in the long term to ditch that idea (plus the recruitment we have done for it) at the first sign of adversities?
He was literally playing a two all pre season with Kobbie beside Casemiro and others until Kobbies injury. We don’t have the players yet for a 3 man midfield like city / liverpool of old, but the two gives a solid base and amrabat and Casemiro should complement each other nicely. If we get him that is. If not, we have to wait for Kobbie who looks like a future superstar.

Plastic Evra

Waiting for the gossip tweet of Sofyan retreating in a Firenze monastery, going on hunger strike and whispering "United" to trees.

Last edited:

Smores

We’ve got to be all over that. Could be a really good bargain if he makes our midfield more solid with Casemiro and then we have a front 4 that can cause problems. We was forever trying to lower the price down with our other targets but this one’s already been done.
Liverpool will sign him we'll all get furious and then he'll turn out to be shite I reckon.

Still I agree we have to take the risk given how much a dysfunctional midfield could ruin our season. We need a backup plan if Mount and Bruno combo doesn't work.

tomaldinho1

There must be some doubt with this guy, it's not just United stalling now - in a market where CMs are going for £100m and this guy is supposedly available for ~£20m what's the catch?

Infra-red

I suspect we could make a £20m bid if we had to but, regardless of that, Pool definitely do have the money and they aren't seemingly flying ahead with this bid either.
They are probably looking at better players, players we'd have even less chance of being able to afford.

Chief123

If we are that skint or restricted due to FFP, why not simply offer to take him on a season long loan with an obligation to buy for £20-£25m at the end of it. It will then come out of next seasons budget and give us a bit more strength this season. Or is that too simple?
It’s been asked before. He’s only got a year left so we’d be loaning him for a year by the end of which he’d be a free transfer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I think he looks like a good panic buy that we'll start doing soon.
Panic buy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anything to beat the club with eh? Hardly a panic buy when we have been linked with this guy for what seems like 8+ weeks now.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Panic buy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anything to beat the club with eh? Hardly a panic buy when we have been linked with this guy for what seems like 8+ weeks now.
We either don't have the money or don't want him. So unless we sell Maguire, then in any case this is a panic but, because either a) the owners recognize we're in deep shit and need to buy or b) we accept we're not getting anyone better.
So in either case that falls under panic buy.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We either don't have the money or don't want him. So unless we sell Maguire, then in any case this is a panic but, because either a) the owners recognize we're in deep shit and need to buy or b) we accept we're not getting anyone better.
So in either case that falls under panic buy.
Diagree.

We need to sell more to buy, we want him, he’s been on the radar for weeks. As soon as we have the money available, we’ll get him. Far from a panic buy.

parmenio

Liverpool will sign him we'll all get furious and then he'll turn out to be shite I reckon.

Still I agree we have to take the risk given how much a dysfunctional midfield could ruin our season. We need a backup plan if Mount and Bruno combo doesn't work.
Hes already turned down Liverpool same as Mount did. He’s exactly what our midfield needs. I have no doubt we will somehow find the Pennie’s for him. Anything else a massive bonus.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Diagree.

We need to sell more to buy, we want him, he’s been on the radar for weeks. As soon as we have the money available, we’ll get him. Far from a panic buy.
Well I agree, this is why I said "unless we sell", what doesn't seem likely at the moment does it.
I don't know how much truth is in "he’s been on the radar for weeks", because I am not sure how concrete has been our interest. Seems like he wants us but do we want him- this is still a valid question imo.

Personally I think he (or similar profile player) should be in the club before Mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.