Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomy20

If you read between the lines this is done. Same as Hojlund was done after Atalantas coach comments „Sometimes you have to consider big offers“

Only thing left now is to ship out Fred, Donny, Henderson, McT (only if Amrabat is secured + 40M+ offer) and in a perfect world also Maguire

croadyman

If you read between the lines this is done. Same as Hojlund was done after Atalantas coach comments „Sometimes you have to consider big offers“

Only thing left now is to ship out Fred, Donny, Henderson, McT (only if Amrabat is secured + 40M+ offer) and in a perfect world also Maguire
Don't think Fred & McTominay will both go

NotThatSoph

Bloomberg reported 260m being available for transfers but couldn’t all be spent due to ffp. Pretty sure this would take us up and around there, what the feck has changed with our ffp? Was it that fine and that’s that?
The estimates were around £100m available due to FFP, plus sales. Sales have already expanded that allowance by another £100m. We have spent less than £200m.

Idxomer

The estimates were around £100m available due to FFP, plus sales. Sales have already expanded that allowance by another £100m. We have spent less than £200m.
Did selling Elanga increase that amount by 100m?

cyberman

Slightly less to the point it’s negligible
I made this point at the start of the summer but kept getting shut down. We had no ffp budget this summer because normal football practices performed by a normal club would ensure that alone.
Also a 100m ffp budget is huge. It would allow us to spend 500m after amortisation. Nobody knew what they were talking about

NotThatSoph

Did selling Elanga increase that amount by 100m?
Close enough, at least. Spending £100m this season, on players on five-year contracts or longer, creates a £20m loss each year for the next five years. For this season you only need £20m of book value profits to break even with £100m in purchases, while the rest becomes a problem for the future.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Close enough, at least. Spending £100m this season, on players on five-year contracts or longer, creates a £20m loss each year for the next five years. For this season you only need £20m of book value profits to break even with £100m in purchases, while the rest becomes a problem for the future.
Onana virtually cost 0 for us

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I hope this happens. I want to see us have a midfield of combative and relentless players who are also capable on the ball. We can't afford to have a laboring midfield which is the case when you pair up Casemiro and Eriksen together.

Lux Thunder

Would love him here as he represents the type of midfielder that we lack in our midfield roster - a deep lying playmaker who can pick the ball from deep areas, set tempo and progress the ball further. ETH tried there with Eriksen, Bruno and Mount in preseason but Amrabat is natural in those circumstances.

To have Casemiro, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen, Amrabat and Mainoo as options is a blessing compared to previous years and gives us a lot of tactical flexibility depending on a match we face or during a match.

city-puma

Would love him here as he represents the type of midfielder that we lack in our midfield roster - a deep lying playmaker who can pick the ball from deep areas, set tempo and progress the ball further. ETH tried there with Eriksen, Bruno and Mount in preseason but Amrabat is natural in those circumstances.

To have Casemiro, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen, Amrabat and Mainoo as options is a blessing compared to previous years and gives us a lot of tactical flexibility depending on a match we face or during a match.
From a few YouTube videos, he plays like a destroyer rather than playmaker. Like Davids (Ajax under LVG).

Castia

Really happy with Mount, Onana and Hojlund but this one makes no sense to me.

Proper underwhelming signing. Will be at Club Brugge within 18 months.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

See Fred and McT for our squad depth

zaafi

I understand that you have a different opinion, and that's all good, but how can you say it's a signing that doesn't make sense? We have no midfielders that are particularly good passers, and especially not that can dictate the tempo.
Amrabat is top percentile in nearly every passing metric, and is also a very combative midfielder who plays with high intensity.

Can you elaborate how signing him makes no sense?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I understand that you have a different opinion, and that's all good, but how can you say it's a signing that doesn't make sense? We have no midfielders that are particularly good passers, and especially not that can dictate the tempo.
Amrabat is top percentile in nearly every passing metric, and is also a very combative midfielder who plays with high intensity.

Can you elaborate how signing him makes no sense?
Hes the same mould as Arturo Vidal just a tier below imo

DarkXaero

I'm not sure why so many here seem to be either against this signing or indifferent to it. He's a combative midfielder with a great mentality, who has great passing metrics and is press-resistant. Is that not what we want out of a backup midfielder who can come into the team and be a competent starter when needed?

Lux Thunder

From a few YouTube videos, he plays like a destroyer rather than playmaker. Like Davids (Ajax under LVG).
I don't know what caused this "Mandela effect", but every time I watched him he was the one responsible for his team's playmaking efforts. Because he isn't shy of duels and won't get bullied like Eriksen, that doesn't make him a "destroyer" type of midfielder.

avgp_1

We struggle when pressed playing out the back. He can help us a lot, especially for Onana he will be a terrific outball. Ability to take the ball on the turn and pick passes through the lines, we dearly miss someone like that

And add his recovery pace and combativeness, its as good as we can get at that sort of price

Castia

Who would you be getting in for cheap for midfield depth?
I don’t believe in getting players in for the sake of it. We’re trying to clear players out not replace then with more shite, any player coming in should be at a level to fight for a first team place.

‘He’s a bit shit but will do for squad depth’ will get us nowhere. If the target player is 50-70m and we don’t have the money we should wait till we do. If that means selling more players or waiting till January so be it.

My choice would have been Lavia, he could have nailed down the DM spot at United for the next 10 years.

Mailo

We struggle when pressed playing out the back. He can help us a lot, especially for Onana he will be a terrific outball. Ability to take the ball on the turn and pick passes through the lines, we dearly miss someone like that

And add his recovery pace and combativeness, its as good as we can get at that sort of price
I don't agree regarding his recovery pace. I don't think he's quick or fast at all. Look at the video vs Mbappe. Mbappe is far gone, slows down and lets Amrabat catch up with a good tackle. He isn't quick at all.

DarkXaero

I don’t believe in getting players in for the sake of it. We’re trying to clear players out not replace then with more shite, any player coming in should be at a level to fight for a first team place.

‘He’s a bit shit but will do for squad depth’ will get us nowhere
Mind elaborating why you think he's a bit "shit"?

Castia

Mind elaborating why you think he's a bit "shit"?
27 year old journeyman player who has been average throughout his entire career but shone for 2 weeks at a World Cup. Highest level he’s ever played at is Fiorentina before that he’s been a squad player in Holland and Belgium.

The fact they’re only asking for 20 odd million speaks volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.