Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Apparently we're paying £8m loan then another £21m as an option. The press led us to believe he was available for 25m Euros though... Have we mugged ourselves off again?
No. We had to pay a higher loan fee to remove the obligation to buy. The deal is fine and gets round our immediate cash problems.

Loon

:lol:
Ten Hag promising him reminds me of Fergie waiting on Van Nistlerooy after the ACL. Hope the lad comes in and does a great job.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Good signing. Keeps our options open for next season if it didnt work out

NLunited

Fred is just as good a passer, maybe more creative as well. But he is so inconsistent, one moment he makes a nice pass into the forward and the next he cant manage a 5 yard pass to a teammate and finds an opponent. So I think we can say Amrabat is likely to be a bit more reliable and predictable but Fred was capable of the big switch passes too which is the main thing Amrabat has.
Fred a good passer :lol:

Amrabat is one of the best passers and you compare him to Fred :houllier:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Really hope he improves our midfield and makes us more solid.

Infra-red

Good signing. Keeps our options open for next season if it didnt work out
Yep, we shouldn't get hurt if he proves to be a bit rubbish - we just won't take up the option. In the meantime, he fills a sizable midfield hole, which is very welcome.

Real Name

Fred is just as good a passer, maybe more creative as well. But he is so inconsistent, one moment he makes a nice pass into the forward and the next he cant manage a 5 yard pass to a teammate and finds an opponent. So I think we can say Amrabat is likely to be a bit more reliable and predictable but Fred was capable of the big switch passes too which is the main thing Amrabat has.
Good passer who sometimes cant manage a 5 yard pass.

All right.

I swear Fred becomes better every day since he left. In a month he'll be treated like Xavi or Modrić.

IrishRedDevil

Definitely improves the midfield.

Casemiro, Amrabat, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen, Mainoo is a good collection of midfielders. Hopefully Mainoo is back in the mix soon.

McTominay and Hannibal as back-up / depth.

tomaldinho1

He plays the same position as Fred and McTom did for us as the 2 Dms but his strength is his passing so that makes him a bit more like Eriksen who is also deployed in the same role. He's not as creative or a threat going forward like Eriksen at his best/prime though. He's just a ball retainer who can switch the ball from one side of the pitch to the other. A very basic skeleton version of Eriksen's game. I dont think he'd get on Arsenal's bench even because he's worse at it than Jorginho
But you understand whilst McT and Fred have physically been put in those roles, that’s not where they are best? I am extremely dubious of your eye for a player given the player I envisage Amrabat being but, as said I haven’t watched him in serie a and you may be right, we shall see over the coming games I guess.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I would rather he was put on the banned list. He’s supposed to be Tier 2 but we’ve seen again that Romano is more than one tier above this idiot.
I wouldn't put him on the ban list as he has had some good exclusives in the past like the Varane transfer for example but yeah I would drop him down a tier.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
We're also covering twice his Fiorentina wage for the duration of the loan and paying for the refurbishment of the Fiorentina board members' collective houses!

What an embarrassment!
and the fiorentina president is allowed to invoke prima nocta on any manchester united fan, for the duration of the deal.

Dr Foo

Here we go.

Happy with the signing and has a profile of player missing from our squad currently.

Case and amrabat has the makings of a destructive double pivot for the big aways.
I for one can't wait to see our midfield actually fighting and bruising people again ala the Phil Neville, Alan Smith days at least ;)

Dr. T

So United 'get the deal' done on transfer deadline day, with some financial chicanery to make up for our overspending everywhere else. We've known he was £30m for 3 months, it took us this long to get the deal in place instead of giving him a preseason with us.

I think he's a good signing though. Just with United, my whelms feel so undered when it comes to transfers.

Lebowski

I’m not sure of your point?

No one has taken a punt on Amrabat until now much like Paulinha, Nunes, even Bruno.

Not really how you judge a player is it.
Nunes and Paulinha were highly rated players who went for £30-40 million on permanent transfers. Amrabat is a player who has been desperate to leave all summer and available for about £17 million who we have signed on a deadline day loan due to having a midfield crisis and being skint. They aren't really comparable deals. I think the reaction would have been a bit more positive had Amrabat been United's first choice and we'd signed him permanently in June when it became clear he was available.

I think the frustration of a lot of United fans is that once again, the deal shows a lack of forward planning. It was obvious for months that we would need a midfielder since Ten Haag clearly doesn't trust/want Fred or McTominay and Casemiro can't play every week. We've sat out as the likes of Caicedo, Rice, Lavia, Baleba, Kovacic, MacAllister, Tonali, Prowse, Endo, Nunes, Gravenberch, Palhinha etc join other clubs. That's fine if we have another plan, but the fact that we've ended up paying 10 million euros on deadline day to take Amrabat on loan for a year has the same tones of desperation and panic that have been too common to post-Ferguson United recruitment.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Glad we managed to get this one over the line, a welcome addition, especially considering Casemiro's age / proneness to suspension.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah so as I said, one injury away. Varane and Shaw are out for several weeks.
One injury away from Maguire probably playing yeah, if we can’t shift him it’s realistic that he’d be 4th choice.
Chances are we aren’t going to have enough players out at any given time for him or Evans to play significant minutes, so adding another centre back doesn’t make a lot of sense without letting at least one or two go.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Very happy with this. Sure he's not absolutely sensational, at minimum he's at least an upgrade over McT or Fred. He's got a skillset we need right now and he's a warrior.

Kingslayer18

Will people stop repeating this?! There are tons of examples where player was brought for small fee and exploded while no other big club was interested, this mean literally nothing. The fecking misery on this forum about everything, bloody hell!

It could also mean he's not good enough. Despite Sangare being touted as a great option that all the big teams should go for, none did and now he's joining Nottingham Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.