Sol Campbell - Finally gets a job

Got to admit he backed up at least some of his talk last season.

Deserves a chance at a bigger club.
He does, but not yet at the Premier League club he is undoubtedly soon to tell us all he deserves.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He has done a great job there in some difficult circumstances
Players not being paid for periods, himself not being paid for periods etc
Certainly backed up his talk and should hopefully get a chance at a bigger club

Thunderhead

Supports
City
he'll get a job within a month or two the way lower league clubs shed managers

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why isn’t he liked ?
Arrogant beyond belief?
Spinning tottenham a yarn then joining arsenal?
Blaming racism for everything, like not captaining England etc.

He did a nice short fire job keeping them up, but it's no surprise to see him now walk out.
He's not a guy you'd see sticking a job out.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Arrogant beyond belief?

He did a nice short fire job keeping them up, but it's no surprise to see him now walk out.
He's not a guy you'd see sticking a job out
Whilst I don't think he is the most likeable person, the bolded part doesn't seem to have any basis. I mean what exactly is that based on?

The situation at the club, it's no surprise he has had to leave with players having to take legal action just to get paid

Last edited:

Redlyn

Well at least he has some experience under his belt and boosted his reputation. Probably be able to get a better job now.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Arrogant beyond belief?

He's not a guy you'd see sticking a job out
I'm not his fan but he's an ex pro who played at the highest level and was one of the best defenders around during his peak. I'm pretty sure he knows about the value of not quitting and sticking a job out

Lynty

Inappropriate Content
Whilst I don't think he is the most likeable person, the bolded part doesn't seem to have any basis. I mean what exactly is that based on?

The situation at the club, it's no surprise he has had to leave with players having to take legal action just to get paid
These black folk just can't do commitment.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Arrogant beyond belief?

If you knew anything about the situation at Macc Town and how poorly run they are, then Campbell deserves credit for staying as long as he has done.

Walters_19_MuFc

Did a fantastic job whilst there. If the club have got financial problems or weren't willing to back Campbell in the market, then I don't blame him leaving.

Hopefully he goes on to bigger and better things!

mancan92

Arrogant beyond belief?

I know everyone's going to jump on you but you clearly have no idea what's been going on at that club. Also its not like he played for many clubs.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Did a good job and definitely deserves a chance at a decent club lower level club to see if he can build on that.

Acole9

Outstanding
He only quit so he can start moaning about the lack of black managers in the game and how no one will give him a job.

Red00012

A lot of the things he's said and expressed. From just nonsense points of view to blowing his own trumpet to a silly extent.
Ah ok I don’t use twitter or any of those media platforms so genuinely didn’t know.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
:lol::lol: I’m not English but I take it the Tory’s aren’t liked.
Largest (by the number of votes in last few general elections) and oldest party in the UK.

But they're just cnuts you know.

They mainly get in power by saying if they don't get in power, Labour will get in power.

Tostao_80

He only quit so he can start moaning about the lack of black managers in the game and how no one will give him a job.
What an atrocious post. As has been repeated by other posters here, the situation at his former club was very complicated and easy to understand why both parties parted ways. This is for sensible discussion. Join in or don't ruin the thread.

Tostao_80

Arrogant beyond belief?

He's had how many clubs in his career? How long did he stay at those clubs? Another clueless post.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Largest (by the number of votes in last few general elections) and oldest party in the UK.

But they're just cnuts you know.

They mainly get in power by saying if they don't get in power, Labour will get in power.
As opposed to Labour who say that if they don't get in power, Tories will get in power. Politics, man.

Acole9

Outstanding
What an atrocious post. As has been repeated by other posters here, the situation at his former club was very complicated and easy to understand why both parties parted ways. This is for sensible discussion. Join in or don't ruin the thread.
He's had how many clubs in his career? How long did he stay at those clubs? Another clueless post.
Is that you Sol?

Tostao_80

Is that you Sol?
The irony in your username. I wonder what the real Andy Cole thinks about your comments in here.
You know, the same Andy Cole who said there was still a glass ceiling regarding black players and management (youre interpretation, moaning about the lack of black managers). He shared and stated the same views as Sol. And now youre on here bashing Sol for those same views.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/cole-8863

You really couldn't make this up.

Reactions: Jippy

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
As opposed to Labour who say that if they don't get in power, Tories will get in power. Politics, man.
Labour actually have policies though.

Labour: If we get in power, we're going to do this!
Tories: If Labour get into power, they're going to do that!

Wait, what forum is this.

Err. Something. Champions League final goal scorer. Scorer of two of Englands most important disallowed goals.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The irony in your username. I wonder what the real Andy Cole thinks about your comments in here.
You know, the same Andy Cole who said there was still a glass ceiling regarding black players and management (youre interpretation, moaning about the lack of black managers). He shared and stated the same views as Sol. And now youre on here bashing Sol for those same views.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/cole-8863

You really couldn't make this up.
You don't have to share the opinions of your favourite football players, you know that right?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

What's it based on?

Walking out at half time of a game.
Walking out on Notts County after a few dayss?
Not sticking to anything for any length of time since 2009?
Dabbling, and then walking out on politics?

Any more?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not his fan but he's an ex pro who played at the highest level and was one of the best defenders around during his peak. I'm pretty sure he knows about the value of not quitting and sticking a job out
Talk to me about his career 2009 onwards?