Film Solo: A Star Wars Story

Yes. I thought the entire movie was pretty "whatever", and then Vader rolls in, and that elevated it from whatever to "jesus fecking christ that is the single greatest moment/scene in any star wars movie ever".
I loved the movie actually, Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie since Empire for me.
That said, the Vader scene is a big part of that, it's right up there with the Luke/Vader reveal in Empire as the best Star Wars scene ever.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I loved the movie actually, Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie since Empire for me.
That said, the Vader scene is a big part of that, it's right up there with the Luke/Vader reveal in Empire as the best Star Wars scene ever.
Yeah, more I watch Rogue One the better it gets for me. I'd have it as the 2nd best as well.

beedoubleyou

Very positive reactions... not that it means much considering how TLJ went down in the end. That said, I think there are less hopes and dreams riding on this and it will be forgiven for its (inevitable) flaws like Marvel films are.

muller

I personally think it will be one the greatest films of all time.

muller

Who's that?
Emilia Clarke.

Or to give her her Game of Thrones name : Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

She's gorgeous.

El-Manos

Don't care it's coming out? Or didn't care for the film after viewing?
After watching Rogue One, I wasn’t too impressed. So i’m guessing this will be in the same mould. I’ll probably watch it eventually as I have a keen interest in movies and the Star Wars universe. I just feel indifferent to these spin offs, much prefer the episodes.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If only it said the name of the actress and her character on the poster.
Emilia Clarke.

Or to give her her Game of Thrones name : Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

She's gorgeous.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, was just taking the piss :)

beedoubleyou

Apparently there is at least one big reveal in this film, so exercise caution on the Internet.

In other news Obi Wan movie starts production next year. Really want to see McGregor get a shot at a good Star Wars movie. (Please, spare me your Revenge of the Sith pity feck)

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Sounds like Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge steal the show a bit and the Han-Chewie dynamic is good. I can get on board with that.

Apparently some of the cast have multi-film deals as well, so sequels (pre-sequels? sequel-prequels?) are on the table.

Minimalist

Emilia Clarke.

She's gorgeous.
...this is John Snow.

...he's King inda' Norf.

Art Vandelay

Emilia Clarke.

She's gorgeous.
You could have just said "A mildly attractive woman that's a bit shit at the whole acting thing."

I'm not falling for any review hype, I learned my lesson with Wonder Woman.

muller

You could have just said "A mildly attractive woman that's a bit shit at the whole acting thing."

Meh, I think she's really hot, she's pretty good at acting (me before you was actually pretty good).

Plus Wonder Woman was awesome.

I don't think we can be friends.

Spoony

The People's President

She's an awful actress. And she's not particularly attractive either.

Revan

Assumptionman
She's an awful actress. And she's not particularly attractive either.
She is really hot (despite being super tiny), but agree that she is a bad actress. Especially in the role of Daenerys which was supposed to be charismatic, but Clarke has no charisma at all.

Art Vandelay

Meh, I think she's really hot, she's pretty good at acting (me before you was actually pretty good).

Plus Wonder Woman was awesome.

I don't think we can be friends.
Enemies it is then. Prepare for me to foil your plans and make snide remarks about your garden!

Wonder Woman was cack and Gal Gadot can't act either, she was essentially just a model doing her stupid "I'm about to fight!" sideways head tilt pose over and over again.

beedoubleyou

Enemies it is then. Prepare for me to foil your plans and make snide remarks about your garden!

Wonder Woman was cack and Gal Gadot can't act either, she was essentially just a model doing her stupid "I'm about to fight!" sideways head tilt pose over and over again.
Gal Godot was great in that movie. The movie was absolutely fine.

Revan

Assumptionman

Bullshit. The movie was meh, but Gadot obviously can act, she was very good in that movie. And well, while Clarke is 'cute' or 'beautiful', Gadot is 'stunning'.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
She's pretty but I'll never understand how someone can say she's "really hot" after seeing her looking like a chubby giggly school girl next to Kate Beckinsale on the Graham Norton show. Sitting on that couch was a very poor career move.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
She's pretty but I'll never understand how someone can say she's "really hot" after seeing her looking like a chubby giggly school girl next to Kate Beckinsale on the Graham Norton show. Sitting on that couch was a very poor career move.
Beckinsale looks like she's had quite a bit of work done, to be fair.

Revan

Assumptionman
Over-exaggerated makeup compensation and cosmetic surgery is hardly a strong argument for natural beauty. :lol:
Indeed, but she is 44 so it is close to impossible to look as good as her at that age without makeup/cosmetic surgery.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I feel bad if you are young and have grown up in a world that makes you think people calling someone beautiful is creepy. If you aren't so young, then you've just jumped on a ridiculous bandwagon.

That being said, as beautiful as Daenerys is, she is an absolutely dull actress and the sight of her being in something other than GoT always makes me dread the quality of it.

muller

I feel bad if you are young and have grown up in a world that makes you think people calling someone beautiful is creepy. If you aren't so young, then you've just jumped on a ridiculous bandwagon.

That being said, as beautiful as Daenerys is, she is an absolutely dull actress and the sight of her being in something other than GoT always makes me dread the quality of it.
With you for the top part. 2nd - I might be biased based on appearances, but I honestly think she's actually a fairly good actress - Me Before You was pretty good - and from early word on this, she's pretty good. She's hardly being given work purely based on appearances anyway - Think Katrina Bowden etc!

beedoubleyou

Don't feel sorry for me. But way to get riled over nowt on the Internet.

Creepy. Stand by it. Knock yourselves out (off). Back May 25th.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I have to agree here, although she has strong facial expressions, she's not able to transport emotion that great from all I've seen at least. It's just that she's hot and generally speaking a likeable character and also plays Daenerys who herself is a nice character judging by the series.

Edit:
Also Daenerys kind of fits our time very well.
I dunno, I havent seen the romcon with the guy from Hunger Games but thats meant to be good and she's meant to be very good in it. The problem with Daenerys as a character is that she doesn't really show emotion all that much as she's recognised it's a weakness. Also as a character the only things she truly has affection for is Drogo and her Dragons. It's a very tough role as she's not a villain so she can't ham the expressions up a bit nor is she some deeply emotional character.

I sometimes think people get mixed up with being a wooden character and wooden acting. Don't get me wrong, she's not an amazing actor, but she's also not as terrible as people make out on the internet.