Solskjær press conference vs Arsenal (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer arrives
The United manager will be speaking to the press later this morning.

Samid

De Gea's pledge to Solskjaer
“[Solskjaer] is part of the family, he was here for many years as a player, he knows the club well and most importantly the whole team is behind him, we will fight to the death for him.

That is key, he is a good coach and we will be with him until the end.”

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have a feeling he will downplay it with a "they just need confidence in one or two moments to score. It will come. I've been there as a player"

MrBest

I am not hopeful of winning at all especially with a tough game in Holland a few days after. Our squad except a few are diabolical. I am really interested in seeimg Garner getting more chances these days. That kids mentality is on fire!

Samid

Solskjaer issues injury update on Pogba and Martial
“There might be one or two who have not really come back. Paul (Pogba) was really struggling with his ankle as it was really swollen, so let’s see how that repairs. He got 90 minutes but was sore towards the end again.

“Phil (Jones) will be out until after the international break and, you have to count these after every game, but I think that’s it. I don’t think we’ll see Anthony (Martial) before the international break. No, I don’t think so. Luke (Shaw) is improving so, hopefully, we’ll see him (before the break).”

Samid

Injury updates
Er... not really. Luke’s back in training today so let’s see how he is, he’s getting there so let’s see how he reacts the next couple of days, he’s been working really hard, hope to see him before international break.

Samid

Rashford? Martial?
I wouldn’t put my life on it but that’s part of this game, you work with what you have and we’re looking forward to this game.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Expect no Pogba, Martial or Rashford then. Our injuries are always worse than they sound.

Samid

Latest on Pogba
Situation is he finished the game, 90 mins, fantastic but he got a knock to his ankle which is very swollen so was better not to go there with the team and he’s in a race for Monday. Doubt? Yes, but that’s just the way it is.

DRM

feck. So no martial, shaw and possibly pogba out too.

Might as well hand the points to Arsenal now

Samid

Arsenal? Lack of scrutiny?
I don’t worry about what other or what the press write about other teams, or about me or Man United because we are focused on what we have to do and that is to keep improving. reading the papers doesn’t change my view, sometimes my kids are asking what’s this about but it’s part and parcel of this club. When I was a player, you had the headlines, we wouldn’t want to be anywhere else, we wouldn’t want to scramble the newspapers because that’s our rightful place.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
May as well just not bother watching the Arsenal game then

Samid

Expectation? Bumps in the road?
I never said it was gonna be easy this season, said it many times with you Jamie (Jackson), there are gonna be ups and downs highs and lows and when we lose a game we have to trust ourselves and what we’re doing, eyes on the prize and keep working to the principles we believe in, any game in the Premier League is winnable but is also loseable, it’s margins, fine margins and sometimes you stand there smiling happy to have won a game, sometimes angry because you’ve lost, you’ve got to portray the right image.

Samid

Fan feelings?
Very, very positive and we can see what you’re doing keep going. It’s easier to be positive when you meet someone face to face, it’s easy to hide behind social media when you’re negative, so for me I’ve been amazed again by our supporters, to listen to the crowd at Old Trafford they’re amazing, they keep supporting us, and now is the time to do that. We are going through a leaner patch trophy wise and the results the last few games.

Samid

Lack of goals
You can see how much we’ve improved defensively, that;’s where we put the big money in with Aaron and Harry, we don’t concede many chances, concede too many goals, the other way going forward is where we’ve struggled with injuries, Paul, Anthony, Marcus, we’ve had some bad luck in that respect, about building relationships, doesn’t help when you lose players, these boys need to get the pattern of play and if you’re half a second with your movement, sometimes finishing could be better, could be frustrating but that’s also down to some outstanding keepers out there.

Samid

Greenwood ready to start a big game?
It might be, he’s proven when he’s been on the pitch, Astana and Rochdale, when you get him in the box he’s dangerous. What’s pleased me about him is he doesn’t turn down chances to finish when you’re not 18 yet and you keep trusting yourself. So I’m not worried about him at all but we’ve managed him, can’t just throw him in the deep end all the time he’s proved in those games he’s ready for it, Premier League. I’ll have the weekend to think about it.

Samid

How would you describe your team right now?
In my own words: It’s a team improving, evolving, a young team, the culture is there I see them every single day in training and we don’t have any issues with attitudes, with work rate, with desire, now can we trust ourselves, you can see against Astana and Rochdale they want to impress, do well and maybe they rush their finish at times. It is getting there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Has he actually completely ruled out Martial Pogba etc? I mean he's said they're doubts but he did the same with Wan Bissaka and he started every game.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
How Martial can be out for so long when he was initially supposed to return after previous international break? The guy is worse than Jones in this department.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure why Ole is being coy about Greenwood. He can't not start him surely.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not sure why Ole is being coy about Greenwood. He can't not start him surely.
Trying to not get the media to pile headlines and pressure on him ahead of the game perhaps.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
What sort of injury is Martial suffering from and why doesn't the club just give a time estimate instead of these weekly updates about him still not being fit. So he'll be out for 2 months.

Raw

What in the feck happened to Martial? From what I remember it didn't seem that bad but christ he's been out for a while.

We're so fecked in attack.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That’s what happens when you don’t replace Lukaku and Sanchez.

Enigma_87

You know who
What in the feck happened to Martial? From what I remember it didn't seem that bad but christ he's been out for a while.

We're so fecked in attack.
If only we could see that coming in the summer..

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Fan feelings?
Very, very positive and we can see what you’re doing keep going. It’s easier to be positive when you meet someone face to face, it’s easy to hide behind social media when you’re negative, so for me I’ve been amazed again by our supporters, to listen to the crowd at Old Trafford they’re amazing, they keep supporting us, and now is the time to do that. We are going through a leaner patch trophy wise and the results the last few games.
I like this!!

Woodzy

Fair play to him for keeping positive.

Still, he isn’t convincing as a manager and I’m not sure he will get the time to prove otherwise.

The lack of goals is a huge concern, and while I trust in our new signings we are hardly solid at the back yet.

It’s a worrying time but again, fair play to him for staying positive - someone has to.

GBBQ

Has he actually completely ruled out Martial Pogba etc? I mean he's said they're doubts but he did the same with Wan Bissaka and he started every game.
Probably just trying to have Arsenal second guess our line up