Solskjær press conference vs Arsenal (H)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Has he actually completely ruled out Martial Pogba etc? I mean he's said they're doubts but he did the same with Wan Bissaka and he started every game.
He said we won't see him before the International break.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Have they asked the question on everyone's lips yet?

The one about why the club continues to pay the players their weekly salary when they are incapable of putting the ball in the back of the net?

Raw

Have they asked the question on everyone's lips yet?

The one about why the club continues to pay the players their weekly salary when they are incapable of putting the ball in the back of the net?
Someone did ask about the lack of goals to be fair.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Didn't ole say martial would be back for arsenal?
Seems to be the theme with Martial injury. We get some updates midweek or post game where it says that he might make the next game to then have Ole confirm at the next press conference that he won't be fit for the game.

Wolff

Fan feelings?
Very, very positive and we can see what you’re doing keep going. It’s easier to be positive when you meet someone face to face, it’s easy to hide behind social media when you’re negative, so for me I’ve been amazed again by our supporters, to listen to the crowd at Old Trafford they’re amazing, they keep supporting us, and now is the time to do that. We are going through a leaner patch trophy wise and the results the last few games.
10 out of 10 points on this one!

Red00012

Jones Injured again as Ed figures out why he gave him a big feck off contract.

Wolff

If only we could see that coming in the summer..
Stop it with your bullshit! Inaki Williams have come out and confirmed Man Utd would pay his release clause to sign him, but he wanted to stay. If that dosent tell you they where trying, then nothing will.

And before you twist it into something else. He wants to stay at the club for the rest of his career. Have nothing to do with coaching..

Enigma_87

You know who
Stop it with your bullshit! Inaki Williams have come out and confirmed Man Utd would pay his release clause to sign him, but he wanted to stay. If that dosent tell you they where trying, then nothing will.

And before you twist it into something else. He wants to stay at the club for the rest of his career. Have nothing to do with coaching..
Mate I have no interest into going into sensible discussion with you until you change the tone.
You can continue wasting your daily limit on such responses until then.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Clearly they weren't trying hard enough because Lozano went to Napoli for peanuts.

romufc

There were no suggestions that he was scouted or anything, it was a panic attempt. Under any other manager we would have got him, but thankfully Ole did not want to panic buy anyone. We have to stop buying players like that, they end up not doing well for us. Williams has 1 goal and 1 assist this season in La liga.

Smores

I was going to say he's sounding more and more like Moyes every week but to be fair that's because the results are as equally bad.

Better hope for a result against Arsenal as shit will hit the fan if we lose.

romufc

What injury does Martial have? I thought it was a knock.

Ole is really pissing me off with his injury updates, keeps saying Martial will be out for next game but probably back game after since before the international break.

Why can he not just say Martial is out for 2/3 weeks ?

And Jones ffs... what a liability.

Thisistheone

Will always love Ole but this is getting so difficult for him. Arsenal will rock up on Monday really fancying their chances.

NJM78

How times have changed from his pressers when he arrived and now. It was all about, we are united, we must entertain and we expect to beat anyone...

The levels now are so desperate, sub standard is now the standard I guess and we will have to just accept this shit season. With no one being to blame. Fine margins and all that.

I just hear excuses as to why a squad of 15 full internationals with one of the highest wage bills in the world cannot even be coached to do the basics properly. But there is a vision and process of course and that's the main thing.

Also injuries, every club has injuries but not every club lets 4 first team squad players leave without directly replacing any of them especially when you are already a struggling mess of a team.

The club is in a state. Feel for Ole, even though I don't actually rate him as a manager. He has one hell of a job on his hands as I just see more defeats and pressure incoming. Will he crack.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What injury does Martial have? I thought it was a knock.

Ole is really pissing me off with his injury updates, keeps saying Martial will be out for next game but probably back game after since before the international break.

Why can he not just say Martial is out for 2/3 weeks ?

And Jones ffs... what a liability.
I suppose if he keeps coming out with players have picked up long-term injuries then people will start questioning our fitness regimes and treatment of injuries. If you keep saying they could be back next game, then it goes to the back of peoples minds for a bit. Have we rushed Pogba back and now risked him picking up another injury? Who knows.

DomesticTadpole

How times have changed from his pressers when he arrived and now. It was all about, we are united, we must entertain and we expect to beat anyone...

The levels now are so desperate, sub standard is now the standard I guess and we will have to just accept this shit season. With no one being to blame. Fine margins and all that.

I just hear excuses as to why a squad of 15 full internationals with one of the highest wage bills in the world cannot even be coached to do the basics properly. But there is a vision and process of course and that's the main thing.

Also injuries, every club has injuries but not every club lets 4 first team squad players leave without directly replacing any of them especially when you are already a struggling mess of a team.

The club is in a state. Feel for Ole, even though I don't actually rate him as a manager. He has one hell of a job on his hands as I just see more defeats and pressure incoming. Will he crack.
It was always going to be Ole that suffers for all this mess. He is ageing before our eyes and that is painful.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Greenwood ready to start a big game?
It might be, he’s proven when he’s been on the pitch, Astana and Rochdale, when you get him in the box he’s dangerous. What’s pleased me about him is he doesn’t turn down chances to finish when you’re not 18 yet and you keep trusting yourself. So I’m not worried about him at all but we’ve managed him, can’t just throw him in the deep end all the time he’s proved in those games he’s ready for it, Premier League. I’ll have the weekend to think about it.
No being funny Ole but you made your bed of selling Lukaku because of Greenwood and his development so you cant not play him now we're down to the bare bones

DomesticTadpole

Doesn't matter what month it is, we're getting nothing of the sort any time soon!
They will just put out the usual press briefings about being linked with this player and that player, then at the end of the window will says there wasn't the quality available. I hope I am wrong, because it is a long season, with a lot of games, with a squad stretched to its limits and I can see the injuries mounting up.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
They will just put out the usual press briefings about being linked with this player and that player, then at the end of the window will says there wasn't the quality available. I hope I am wrong, because it is a long season, with a lot of games, with a squad stretched to its limits and I can see the injuries mounting up.
Do United link themselves to players now?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wish it was January. We need a top midfielder and a striker.
We very rarely do business in the January transfer window due to the top players generally being cup-tied or unwilling to change clubs mid-season.

Hopefully, exceptions can be made this time around as the squad has never looked so thin. Don't get your hopes up though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Lack of goals
You can see how much we’ve improved defensively, that;’s where we put the big money in with Aaron and Harry, we don’t concede many chances, concede too many goals, the other way going forward is where we’ve struggled with injuries, Paul, Anthony, Marcus, we’ve had some bad luck in that respect, about building relationships, doesn’t help when you lose players, these boys need to get the pattern of play and if you’re half a second with your movement, sometimes finishing could be better, could be frustrating but that’s also down to some outstanding keepers out there.
Is it bad luck that Martial and Rashford are both injured? It's not like both stay injury free most of the time.

I mean, sure they're not Jones-esq ... but if you had given someone a likely/unlikely choice that both would be injured at the same time at some point this season, I think most would have said likely.

steve.crowford

Bottling cnut Pogba is OUT. Martial not even mentioned.
Auba bring the lube. No dry.
De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
McT Matic Fred
Pereira Greenwood James

Holy feck just look at it. LOOK AT IT.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why the hell did he play Pogba on a meaningless match against Rochdale ? This is beyond ridiculous.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
If Martial and Rashford are both out, I think it is quite clear that Greenwood needs to start.

Who else are we going to put up front? I can't even remember the last time Lingard scored for us.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Bottling cnut Pogba is OUT. Martial not even mentioned.
Auba bring the lube. No dry.
De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
McT Matic Fred
Pereira Greenwood James

Holy feck just look at it. LOOK AT IT.
It is... less than ideal!

BigBebe

I suppose if he keeps coming out with players have picked up long-term injuries then people will start questioning our fitness regimes and treatment of injuries. If you keep saying they could be back next game, then it goes to the back of peoples minds for a bit. Have we rushed Pogba back and now risked him picking up another injury? Who knows.
Didn't he give us some blah during the summer about doing specific training to reduce injuries?

That is going well.

romufc

We rushed Pogba back for a league cup game....

DomesticTadpole

We rushed Pogba back for a league cup game....
Well yes. We need him for Arsenal not Rochdale. Also he is desperate to have the likes of the Rochdale/Astana games to blood the kids and give backup players games. There is a chance we could go out against Chelsea, so does that makes the EL more important for player development? Is he going to forget that the PL is pretty important as well? We do not have the squad to go for everything, we should, but we don't. We can all speculate as to whose fault that is.