Solskjær press conference vs Arsenal (H)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ole - ‘I’m amazed by the support from the fans’

Devilish - ‘instead of attacking the fans he should...’
In fact I corrected it. Rather then criticising his critics he should let the results do the talking. His record as an EPL manager has been embarrassing.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Who cares. He was asked directly why do we struggle to score goals and his opening response is to talk about the defence
"You can see how much we’ve improved defensively, that;’s where we put the big money in with Aaron and Harry, we don’t concede many chances"

Counting the days down now until we get someone capable in
Stupid Ole. Not replying in the way you want? Call him up, tell him what he should say.

red4ever 79

Stupid Ole. Not replying in the way you want? Call him up, tell him what he should say.
He's a rabbit caught in the headlamps. When he first started off at Utd it was "we are Manchester United we should be expected to beat team" Now he has reverted to 'anyone can beat everyone in league' Legendary Player hopeless manager

Sterling Archer

If only we could see that coming in the summer..
None of this is surprising , is it?

I can't blame Ole entirely on this one. He specifically said we would replace the strikers we let leave early on in the transfer window. And then Ed sold them after our window closed without replacements.

Enigma_87

You know who
None of this is surprising , is it?

I can't blame Ole entirely on this one. He specifically said we would replace the strikers we let leave early on in the transfer window. And then Ed sold them after our window closed without replacements.
Ole shares the fault, but of course anyone who has some responsibilities on the footballing side should've also stepped in. Ridiculous planning and we're still September. :lol:

Devil may care

Ole's at the wheel but nobody is on the bus as they're all in the treatment room! :eek: No problem, Greenwood's got this!

OleTheGreat

De Gea
AWB Maguire Tuanxebe Dalot/Shaw
Mctominay
Perriera Fred Pogba/Gomes James
Greenwood/Martial

This 4-1-4-1 formation can work in our favor and we can be fluid between Mctominay and the strike force. We can easily take down the Arsenal side if we wake up on the day and play decent football.

stu_1992

Disappointed to hear that we won't see Martial return for Monday. Seems possible Pogba will play, but will he be fully fit? Perhaps not. An already tough game is looking a lot tougher.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I never realized how good a manipulator he is with words. He's asked about why we are struggling for goals. He starts with. Have you seen our defence? How tight it is? No shit mate, you signed 2 players for record sums this summer. Remember? And also blew 90% of your transfer budget in the process.

His excuses for lack of goals is laughable. I can't recall a single superhuman save likes of Astana, West Ham, and Rochdale keeper have made, they were of the norm. Good strong shots into the corner ended up being in goal. What a surprise eh? :lol:

Absolutely. There was no point in him even starting. It's piss poor squad management. Yet Garner was left on the bench, obviously thought we'd need a world cup winner to beat Rochdale. :rolleyes:
It is quite simple, Ole is under massive pressure. That's why he put a strong XI out vs Rochdale to get a positive result but that obviously didn't go quite to the plan...

jackal&hyde

Disappointed to hear that we won't see Martial return for Monday. Seems possible Pogba will play, but will he be fully fit? Perhaps not. An already tough game is looking a lot tougher.
Yeah. I'm gutted about Martial not playing and to hear that Pogba might not as well...

If Pogba, Martial, Rashfor, Shaw are not playing, we are most likely going to lose. Will we then see more activity in the "Ole Out" threads? I think so.

Gandalf

De Gea
AWB Maguire Tuanxebe Dalot/Shaw
Mctominay
Perriera Fred Pogba/Gomes James
Greenwood/Martial

This 4-1-4-1 formation can work in our favor and we can be fluid between Mctominay and the strike force. We can easily take down the Arsenal side if we wake up on the day and play decent football.
Shaw, Pogba, Gomes, Dalot and Martial are not fit for Monday. Fred needs to be injured so we don't have to suffer through his sub League 2 performances any longer.

Gandalf

I never realized how good a manipulator he is with words. He's asked about why we are struggling for goals. He starts with. Have you seen our defence? How tight it is? No shit mate, you signed 2 players for record sums this summer. Remember? And also blew 90% of your transfer budget in the process.

His excuses for lack of goals is laughable. I can't recall a single superhuman save likes of Astana, West Ham, and Rochdale keeper have made, they were of the norm. Good strong shots into the corner ended up being in goal. What a surprise eh? :lol:
Ok he literally said we spent all of our money on defence this summer and said our finishing needs to be better. Valid criticism is fine but this is just cherry picking comments to suit your agenda and misrepresenting what he said. Hope you don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.

djembatheking

Shaw, Pogba, Gomes, Dalot and Martial are not fit for Monday. Fred needs to be injured so we don't have to suffer through his sub League 2 performances any longer.
feckin hell , state of this , squad decimated with injuries and so called United fans wishing injury on our remaining fit players .

Gandalf

feckin hell , state of this , squad decimated with injuries and so called United fans wishing injury on our remaining fit players .
It was meant tongue in cheek but seriously I would rather anybody else on the pitch than Fred after he was bullied and totally outclassed by Rochdale. He creates 2 or 3 good chances for the opposition every time he plays and contributes absolutely nothing, we used to laugh at Fellaini for being all effort and no skill but honestly Fred makes him look like peak era Zidane on the ball.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Not sure what people want him to say. He's a spin doctor now, apparently. All seems pretty standard to me.

djembatheking

It was meant tongue in cheek but seriously I would rather anybody else on the pitch than Fred after he was bullied and totally outclassed by Rochdale. He creates 2 or 3 good chances for the opposition every time he plays and contributes absolutely nothing, we used to laugh at Fellaini for being all effort and no skill but honestly Fred makes him look like peak era Zidane on the ball.
Whether it was tongue in cheek or not I struggle to understand anyone wishing injury on our own players . With Pogba possibly out of the Arsenal game we sure as hell don`t need to lose any more midfielders .

Valuedrug

I know Mourinho’s relentless negativity was draining, but honestly, Ole just feels desperately positive whenever he sits down for these. I hope the players see someone radically different behind the scenes.

tomaldinho1

When asked the impression he gets from the fans he almost shouts 'VERY VERY POSITIVE'

Feel for him, he's clearly been on the end of hell a lot of vitriol

Mainoldo

So he risked Pogba against Rochdale because.........?

He sounds more like Moyes by the day. He must think he has 6 years too.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I don't believe a single word he says anymore. Talks a good game, but come match-day he's so scared and risk averse. He's full of it, a complete fraud. Him along with his clueless clown coaches can't leave soon enough.

dev1l

There is one thing worse than watching United in the whole world....this thread.

Gandalf

Whether it was tongue in cheek or not I struggle to understand anyone wishing injury on our own players . With Pogba possibly out of the Arsenal game we sure as hell don`t need to lose any more midfielders .
Sorry but tongue in cheek literally means I was not actually wishing injury on him. He plays like he has a traumatic brain injury even when he is fit.

Hughie77

I'm not confident of getting anything from Monday. I think the board knows they jumped in to quick in appointment of ole.

He does sorry to say look lost at times inept of playing style, and a few injuries he's completely lost. He just cannot get the best out of a squad that has potential to be better.

I was hopeful and behind him, but I can just see us going backwards we've struggled from the Palace game, and he comes out with we will have highs and lows, more lows at present..

Mason Greenwood a under 18 looks the only positive .

reddevil702

So now we can lose any game or win any game, all about margins. What a different statement than when Ole took over and was throwing subtle digs at Jose about the United way and expecting to win everything. I guess the perspective has change now that he’s the one under pressure and every performance is under scrutiny.

Inter Yer Nan

What a mess. We've had a couple of terrible transfer windows, squad is thinning out, players are declining and we are expecting a novice manager to get us winning?

Ole isn't the man for the job but he's trying to be positive and get the best out of what he's got but how Woodward and the Glazers can sit back and be proud of what they are doing is beyond comprehension.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How is Martial still injured?
It's the same every season with him.
He'll get a seemingly minor niggle, that may rule him out a game or two - back next game.
Then before you know it, he's been out for 6-7 games.

The "bastads" amongst us will always start to worry if maybe he just doesn't "fancy it" unless 100%.

Still, Greenwood's time for the fantasy footy starting lineup then!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fair play to him for keeping positive.

Still, he isn’t convincing as a manager and I’m not sure he will get the time to prove otherwise.

The lack of goals is a huge concern, and while I trust in our new signings we are hardly solid at the back yet.

It’s a worrying time but again, fair play to him for staying positive - someone has to.
Inside he must be utterly gutted.
Our only chance this season was playing the first eleven, which are decent, every week.
Under that there is literally nothing.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Ok he literally said we spent all of our money on defence this summer and said our finishing needs to be better. Valid criticism is fine but this is just cherry picking comments to suit your agenda and misrepresenting what he said. Hope you don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.
He was 'literally' asked about our poor goal return and he responds by heaping praise on our defence, as if that was the question journalist was asking? He tried to spin it into something positive as per usual and his explanations on why we are struggling for goals are Moyes esque. 'Our finishing needs to be better' :lol: Even I and 100 of other folks on Caf could tell you that, but what are they doing in training to correct that? Where are the patterns in attack which we were promised? Runs off the ball to drag defenders out of position to allow for more space and time to apply finishing touch?

There is no agenda, I'm simply calling him out for his nonsense. His response for why 'X is bad' was 'But Y is good'. You can lap it all up for all I care but many won't including myself.

romufc

It's the same every season with him.
He'll get a seemingly minor niggle, that may rule him out a game or two - back next game.
Then before you know it, he's been out for 6-7 games.

The "bastads" amongst us will always start to worry if maybe he just doesn't "fancy it" unless 100%.

Still, Greenwood's time for the fantasy footy starting lineup then!
There is also something wrong with out medical staff. It is always the same players, Luke Shaw, Martial, Dalot getting injured every time.

The same medical team who cleared Pogba to play for 90 mins and now a doubt for one of our biggest games in the season so far.

Ban

I don't believe a single word he says anymore. Talks a good game, but come match-day he's so scared and risk averse. He's full of it, a complete fraud. Him along with his clueless clown coaches can't leave soon enough.
Fraud, clown and an Ed puppet.

Gandalf

He was 'literally' asked about our poor goal return and he responds by heaping praise on our defence, as if that was the question journalist was asking? He tried to spin it into something positive as per usual and his explanations on why we are struggling for goals are Moyes esque. 'Our finishing needs to be better' :lol: Even I and 100 of other folks on Caf could tell you that, but what are they doing in training to correct that? Where are the patterns in attack which we were promised? Runs off the ball to drag defenders out of position to allow for more space and time to apply finishing touch?

There is no agenda, I'm simply calling him out for his nonsense. His response for why 'X is bad' was 'But Y is good'. You can lap it all up for all I care but many won't including myself.
Again, he literally addressed this but you selectively ignored it.

Lack of goals
You can see how much we’ve improved defensively, that;’s where we put the big money in with Aaron and Harry, we don’t concede many chances, concede too many goals, the other way going forward is where we’ve struggled with injuries, Paul, Anthony, Marcus, we’ve had some bad luck in that respect, about building relationships, doesn’t help when you lose players, these boys need to get the pattern of play and if you’re half a second with your movement, sometimes finishing could be better, could be frustrating but that’s also down to some outstanding keepers out there.

RedFish

Who the heck is the right man for the job?Situation's desperate. If Mourinho can't do it who can? Are we doomed to mid-table mediocrity? Help!!