Solskjær press conference vs Arsenal (H)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There is also something wrong with out medical staff. It is always the same players, Luke Shaw, Martial, Dalot getting injured every time.

The same medical team who cleared Pogba to play for 90 mins and now a doubt for one of our biggest games in the season so far.
Yep - whatever time in the game Pogba got his niggle, a full 90mins a few days before the Arsenal game, where he'll be essential, is incredible recklessness.

Going into that game without the pair of them again, means we'll basically have to defend like a lower league cup team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Moyes at least had the results working for him, what does this guy have?
Did he? His results were generally dreadful - 7 or 8 home defeats including back to back smashes by Pool and City.
Terrible away against any big teams.

Blagged through to the champions league quarters. Maybe that's what you meant?

SirAF

Ageist
Did he? His results were generally dreadful - 7 or 8 home defeats including back to back smashes by Pool and City.

He’s joking :lol:

Offsideagain

Who the heck is the right man for the job?Situation's desperate. If Mourinho can't do it who can? Are we doomed to mid-table mediocrity? Help!!
Yep, we are doomed to mid-table mediocrity for at least two transfer windows. If they sack Ole we will be doomed to mid-table mediocrity for four seasons. Nobody could come in and make this squad into world beaters not even Guardiola although he’d want 100’s of millions to spend on small Portuguese guys to run around a lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is Pogba out or could make the game?
Seems slightly vague, but not at all hopeful!!

Fingers crossed his ankle settles down amazingly, as if there's no, him, Rashford or Martial we're basically going to have to be in lower league cup team shut out mode for the night.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Again, he literally addressed this but you selectively ignored it.
I read the entirety of his quotes and I don't buy what he's speaking. He's been here for 10 months and likes of Martial and Rashford have only gone missing in recent weeks. We've looked clueless in front of goal long before that. Also, if a manager gets a proper system in place, whoever steps in will find it easier to step up. But there is absolutely no system in place in attack, players are still making decisions on the whim when in possession and it's visible when you're watching us play.

I just told you how he spun a question about lack of goals by first heaping praise on defence. When the two have no correlation with what the said journo was asking.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Moyes at least had the results working for him, what does this guy have?
A bright future as a Gollum impersonator, making appearances at high-class restaurants and night clubs. A lot of money in this trade by all accounts.

We work with the tools we are given.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A bright future as a Gollum impersonator, making appearances at high-class restaurants and night clubs. A lot of money in this trade by all accounts.

Let's not get into the habit of disrespecting legends of the club. Critique his management by all accounts but it's poor form to go out with posts like this.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let's not get into the habit of disrespecting legends of the club. Critique his management by all accounts but it's poor form to go out with posts like this.
Agreed. Massively disrespectful against a guy trying his best for the club.

You might not like what he's doing but personal insults are just childish and pathetic.

Ban

Basically this. Opposing fans are right, he looks like a Gollum.

Gandalf

I read the entirety of his quotes and I don't buy what he's speaking. He's been here for 10 months and likes of Martial and Rashford have only gone missing in recent weeks. We've looked clueless in front of goal long before that. Also, if a manager gets a proper system in place, whoever steps in will find it easier to step up. But there is absolutely no system in place in attack, players are still making decisions on the whim when in possession and it's visible when you're watching us play.

I just told you how he spun a question about lack of goals by first heaping praise on defence. When the two have no correlation with what the said journo was asking.
I don't interpret his quotes the way you do so I guess we are just going around in circles here. I do see the system in place and it worked well in pre season and our first two games but injuries have hit and no system is going to make bad players look good. Klopp and Pep have great systems in place and can rotate with minimal disruption but they did not get there overnight, they both had lousy results and horrible performances at times in their first 18 months until they got close to having a squad capable of doing what they wanted. We don't even have 11 players in the first team who are up to the task, let alone a squad. We need 2 or 3 more windows and 6 players at least regardless of who is managing us, you cannot commit to a complete teardown of the squad and then panic 6 games into the season.

always_hoping

Can someone tell Ole that a match day news conference is not a court case "I shall give the truth and nothing but the truth"

Why can't he say i hope certain players will be back for Monday or that it's too soon to know yet. Coming out and saying the likes of Rashford,Pogba,Martial won't be playing is only giving confidence to Arsenal. Good news that Shaw is likely back which means no Young starting (fingers crossed)

Ballist1x

We had a lack of goals without injuries though in every game since like March.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I don't interpret his quotes the way you do so I guess we are just going around in circles here. I do see the system in place and it worked well in pre season and our first two games but injuries have hit and no system is going to make bad players look good. Klopp and Pep have great systems in place and can rotate with minimal disruption but they did not get there overnight, they both had lousy results and horrible performances at times in their first 18 months until they got close to having a squad capable of doing what they wanted. We don't even have 11 players in the first team who are up to the task, let alone a squad. We need 2 or 3 more windows and 6 players at least regardless of who is managing us, you cannot commit to a complete teardown of the squad and then panic 6 games into the season.
Fair enough I can respect that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope he doesn't think the match going fans are going to remain positive if the results continue.

Amerifan

I never realized how good a manipulator he is with words. He's asked about why we are struggling for goals. He starts with. Have you seen our defence? How tight it is? No shit mate, you signed 2 players for record sums this summer. Remember? And also blew 90% of your transfer budget in the process.

His excuses for lack of goals is laughable. I can't recall a single superhuman save likes of Astana, West Ham, and Rochdale keeper have made, they were of the norm. Good strong shots into the corner ended up being in goal. What a surprise eh? :lol:

It is quite simple, Ole is under massive pressure. That's why he put a strong XI out vs Rochdale to get a positive result but that obviously didn't go quite to the plan...
Yea, this is all on Ole. He should have negotiated lower transfer fees! He should have scored goals! He should have bought a striker! What kind of manager is he? :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pogba wasn’t exerting himself. Think it was just a warmup to see how the ankle was. It’s not good from the sound of it.
A 90minute warmup?!
Ridiculous, and obviously aggravated it!

Easy in hindsight I suppose, but we should have limited him to 50-60mins, however that game was going, and done all we could to get him out v Arsenal.

Did similar happen with Moyes once? Van Persie was injured, but Moyes wouldn't take him off, as we were either losing or drawing, and didn't like how that'd have looked!!

Eriku

And he at least had the likes of Rio, Vida, Carrick, Evra, Giggs, RvP, Nani, Rooney...

How people draw these lazy comparisons to Moyes, and gloss over the fact that he had a core of players who had won almost everything at club level... I’ve no idea how anybody can bring themselves to compare that to the dross we’re fielding now. Moyes also cleared our insitutional memory, and made Vida and Evra feck off out of desperation.

fecking infuriating.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Agreed. Massively disrespectful against a guy trying his best for the club.

You might not like what he's doing but personal insults are just childish and pathetic.
Are you for real? If you interpreted that comment as malicious then you're crazy. Clearly, it was a joke.

Pay a visit to the matchday or Ole threads if you want to see genuine malicous intent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And he at least had the likes of Rio, Vida, Carrick, Evra, Giggs, RvP, Nani, Rooney...

How people draw these lazy comparisons to Moyes, and gloss over the fact that he had a core of players who had won almost everything at club level... I’ve no idea how anybody can bring themselves to compare that to the dross we’re fielding now. Moyes also cleared our insitutional memory, and made Vida and Evra feck off out of desperation.

fecking infuriating.
What is most irritating to me, is the revisionism that seems to increase year on year out, on the squad Fergie left.
In a few years it'll have morphed into relegation level.

Amerifan

A 90minute warmup?!
Ridiculous, and obviously aggravated it!

Easy in hindsight I suppose, but we should have limited him to 50-60mins, however that game was going, and done all we could to get him out v Arsenal.

Did similar happen with Moyes once? Van Persie was injured, but Moyes wouldn't take him off, as we were either losing or drawing, and didn't like how that'd have looked!!
Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see Paul arguing with Ole to come off and Ole insisting he stay out. Both obviously felt the ankle was going to be OK. Turns out it isn’t. Happens.

Eriku

What is most irritating to me, is the revisionism that seems to increase year on year out, on the squad Fergie left.
In a few years it'll have morphed into relegation level.
So it goes, people have a narrative and find their justifications to support that narrative, not the other way around. Gets worse the more worked up we are as well.

Frontal lobes are a rarity on this forum, it seems.