Solskjær press conference vs Arsenal (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer on trusting himself
I'm not doubting myself. If I doubted myself, then I think the rest of the world would as well. We have loads of discussions as a club and believe in what we’re doing.

We have a saying in Norway. You trust yourself, back yourself, you do it your way. As a player, was I good enough? Someone else has to say. As a manager, will I be good enough? I trust myself to keep doing it the way I'm doing it.

Samid

Solskjaer on building a culture
It's not like the situation we had last year. There's no lack of desire there. For us it's about building a new culture, building a new team, bringing everybody together. Is it the job I expected? Yes. I never said this was going to be a quick-fix job.

Samid

Solskjaer on top 4 ambitions
Chelsea are going through a similar period to us, rebuilding, then there are Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, loads of teams wanting those positions. That is where we will be in and around. We should still be a top four side.

AFC NimbleThumb

I'm not doubting myself. If I doubted myself, then I think the rest of the world would as well. We have loads of discussions as a club and believe in what we’re doing.
The rest of the world does.
Solskjaer on building a culture
It's not like the situation we had last year. There's no lack of desire there. For us it's about building a new culture, building a new team, bringing everybody together. Is it the job I expected? Yes. I never said this was going to be a quick-fix job.
Desires all well & good until the lack of coaching and tactical nouse on the touchline kicks in.

I dislike him as our manager the more I read & hear.

It’s all cliche & hyperbole.

A winning culture is the most important one & we are as far from that as we have been post-Fergie.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Solskjaer on top 4 ambitions
Chelsea are going through a similar period to us, rebuilding, then there are Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, loads of teams wanting those positions. That is where we will be in and around. We should still be a top four side.
It's hard hearing the truth :(

Samid

We have a saying in Norway. You trust yourself, back yourself, you do it your way. As a player, was I good enough? Someone else has to say. As a manager, will I be good enough? I trust myself to keep doing it the way I'm doing it.
@Catt @SirAF which saying is he talking about? Must be a local one in the west because I've never heard of it.

He'sRaldo

His words won't be received right now because he's not winning. He needs to get back to getting good results, then whatever he says will be music to our ears.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He said we couldn't get the one we wanted, in terms of strikers. Who is he referring to?

haram

Solskjaer on not signing a striker
"Of course, if we had the right one [to sign], if it was there, we would have. It was time for Rom to go. He knows that. He didn't want to be here. What is the point in having players that don't want to be here?
Paul Pogba?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It's hard hearing the truth :(
Yeah some of our fans are having a hard time to accept the truth and still think we can win every week, it needs patience we are probably years away from competing for anything, our squad is broken and need fixing.

SirAF

Ageist
You're from Norway? You kept that one quiet, what are they saying about Ole over there? Do they still think he's the right guy for the job? x
Yeah, I don’t like to brag :smirk:

I think most people, including journalists, are saying that he needs time as they are aware of United’s challenges. That said, they also recognise he’s in trouble if the poor results comtinue.

He is basically making up expressions and claiming it to be some sort of ancient wisdom :lol:
Unless it’s VERY local :D

matsdf

Paul Pogba?
How do you know Pogba doesn't want to be here? Sure, he might have wanted to join Zidane in Madrid, but other than "I want a new challenge" I haven't heard anything from Pogba suggesting he wants to leave. The fact that he would like to play for Real, does not mean he dislikes playing for United.

Last edited by a moderator: