Solskjær press conference vs Brugge (H)

Amerifan

Oh, I know what Ole can achieve. I've seen it for over a year to make a very good judgement. 6th place last season and this season we are in 5th. If he gets lucky, he could make 4th. But it shouldn't require a best case scenario to get 4th place. That should be a worst case scenario.

When Klopp arrived, he pushed his team from mid table to 2 finals. With Ole...

...this is like trying to debate with someone who says water is dry. It's hard to know if they are serious or just joking.
NO ONE IS SAYING OLE IS KLOPP!!!

I can only assume your life experiences have been that everyone performs at peak potential the first day on the job. In my experience it takes years to decades to become proficient at difficult tasks, like managing a PL team into the CL, for example.

red_de_pologne

Oh, I know what Ole can achieve. I've seen it for over a year to make a very good judgement. 6th place last season and this season we are in 5th. If he gets lucky, he could make 4th. But it shouldn't require a best case scenario to get 4th place. That should be a worst case scenario.

...this is like trying to debate with someone who says water is dry. It's hard to know if they are serious or just joking.
Did you expect us to challenge Liverpool and City this season? Have you seen our squad? Top 4 should be the worst case scenario with this squad? Ok..

And did Klopp push his team to finals in one season?

It's hard to know if you're serious or joking.

reddevil702

I find it funny that it's Klopp and SAF who are picked out as "levels" he may reach and not more realistic options like Kenny Dalglish. But hey, they're not comparisons so I guess it doesn't matter.

reddevil702

NO ONE IS SAYING OLE IS KLOPP!!!

I can only assume your life experiences have been that everyone performs at peak potential the first day on the job. In my experience it takes years to decades to become proficient at difficult tasks, like managing a PL team into the CL, for example.
Are you serious, Klopps name is always brought up! Ole's been a manager for over 10 fecking years and in case you forgot, he's managed in the PL before. :lol:

jasT1981

'Bruno is x-factor'
We feel we've added some x factor quality with Bruno. Anthony coming back, he was out for a couple of months, means he’s getting used to the no.9 position.
He likes to play forward passes and take risks, which a Man United player should do.
Isn't that the exact reason Woodward decided against him in the Summer? He took too many risks and did not suit Utd's style of play

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Fernandes-signing-midfielder-took-risks.html

Amerifan

Are you serious, Klopps name is always brought up! Ole's been a manager for over 10 fecking years and in case you forgot, he's managed in the PL before. :lol:
You’ve lost the plot. I was explaining why Fergie and Klopp are used as examples, not defending any opinion regarding our manager.

If you want to whine about Ole, whine away. Be as miserable as you like.

fps

Perhaps the wrong thread but the revelation about Rashford just confirms for me that it is clear OGS is censored and or told what to say and when by the Clubs Press Team. Granted that happens at every club but I noticed it in his interview on Monday after Chelsea game, he clearly wanted to say more about Pogba but was then hushed up...This Rashord thing, IMO, they knew weeks ago it was what it was but only now are they saying it is that because they have got Ighalo in on loan and got a positive post break return result so now is the "best" time to break the news. Cynical I know but guess that is how these things operate now.

I would love OGS to come out and say what he really thinks but that is unlikely to happen if he wants to keep the job I suppose.....

Speaking of cynical, trotting Pereira out is another attempt at trying to get people to like him etc. Issue is people watch games with their eyes, no amount of positive PR is going to get people to love him when its obvious he is just the teachers pet at the moment.
Tin foil hats on lads. We are through the looking glass here.

billybee99

Did you expect us to challenge Liverpool and City this season? Have you seen our squad? Top 4 should be the worst case scenario with this squad? Ok..

And did Klopp push his team to finals in one season?

It's hard to know if you're serious or joking.
Um...yes. Actually it was less than 1 season with Liverpool.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

Can you also predict the stock market? Ill pay you to look in that little crystal ball of yours to let me know if I should buy or sell.

bondsname

Continuing with Ole is a risky move. I actually see potential in Ole, he has gotten the tactics right in the big games, he has a squad that trusts him, and he has an eye for talent (arguably all of our signings so far has been spot on) and he seem to know how to handle upcoming academy players.

On the other hand his lack of experience is very evident; his tactics against "smaller" teams are ineffective, in game management is either hit or miss, and how he handles injuries is concerning. Going into the season with a squad this thin was also a rookie mistake.

But like anyone anywhere, you don't always fulfill your potential and the same goes for Ole. He is a relatively young manager and he is learning as he goes which is not ideal for a club with ambition to compete for every trophy.

Us hiring Ole is not comparable to Liverpool appointing Klopp. Klopp had just been a manager at Dortmund for several years, and gotten time to build his squad and get his ideas in place. It would be a better comparison if Liverpool had hired Klopp directly from Mainz, when he was still figuring out his management style and had no experience at the top level. Klopp would probably not have gotten his Liverpool team to two finals if that was the case.

lysglimt

Scout

Well you are Bagdad Bob so it's har to take you seriously - but 4th Place should be worst case scenario ? :) Ok - we can all agree that City and Liverpool were always going to do better than us

And considering how Pochettino is conceived as the maybe 3rd best manager in the World in here - it should Before the season be impossible to beat Spurs.

So not beating every other team than the 3 teams that arguably had a better squad than us - is a worst case scenario ? Ok - sometimes its hard to find the words

Fussball13251

Can't get complacent thinking this will be an easy game at home. Teams are winning away from home often. Hopefully McTominay and Pogba play in midfield.

Last edited:

Fussball13251

I don't think your wish is gonna come true for that one.
I would put him on for final 20 minutes in the second half. Don't know why it is taking so long for him to come back, though. Puzzling. Hopefully McTominay starts... constantly tries and does sensible passes forwards. Or start Mata. We shouldn't take them too lightly because teams are often winning away.

Last edited:

Fussball13251

Good fluent stuff. McTominay and Mata bossing things. As long as we have good fluidity going forwards we'll see more goals. Nevermind the defence all defences concede some chances. As I say we need balls to Bruno, etc.

8 goals in 2 games. Not bad. Celtic and Arsenal getting beat at home is why we couldn't take them lightly.

Last edited: