Solskjær press conference vs Burnley (H)

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Anything interesting in the embargoed bit?
Ole commenting on Ian Wright’s comment and said; “I never put myself before the team. I always put the team and the club before anything else. We have to manage players every single day, loads of things that Ian Wright or anyone doesn’t know about.”

momo83

Massive Snowflake
We all know Ole is limited in his capabilities because of the structure of the club. Under this current set up - any manager would be limited. Klopp, Pep, Poch - it doesnt matter at all who is the manager when from the owners down we are clueless.

Ole knows he has to transform the squad and has done a good job promoting youth and selling players we dont need. He has to transform the squad with Ed and Jury in charge of transfer dealings. Give him some slack will you?

Could our form be better? Of course
But this negative spin on every single thing ole says is way over the top.
Various managers failed under the current Liverpool structure until Klopp came. The only team that has seen success regardless of manager under its structure is Man City over the past decade!

So to say that good manager will come and fail when he’s given more money then every other club in Europe is nonsense. Especially when 1) Mourinho finished second under this exact same structure.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ole commenting on Ian Wright’s comment and said; “I never put myself before the team. I always put the team and the club before anything else. We have to manage players every single day, loads of things that Ian Wright or anyone doesn’t know about.”
Thanks.

Whatever the case may be, he's been reckless in managing injuries.

edit: actually saw the full quotes now. I think he's doing all he can to minimise any accountability that is rightfully his. He says he never puts himself before the club or the players, after repeatedly playing players with injuries or rushing them back. Then saying he can't be micromanaging everyone and that Rashford himself said he could do 30 minutes. Well, I'm sorry, but for me that's a huge part of Ole's job. Especially with a young player, he needs to protect him.

I've also seen it with James, when he's being assaulted left, right, and centre, Ole just brushes this off after the matches and calls it a contact sport. Again, he should be protecting the player.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Its just embarrassing how far away quality United has compared to City and Lpool. 5th place now is very good. I want to see the club and Ole buy at least 10 players next two transfer window, we really need that many and not some average players like James and AWB.
I have to admit I find this pretty funny.

So, you want to give Ole hundreds of millions of more pounds to buy more players, but the players you listed as being average were 2/3s of Ole's signings so far, and, going off your previous posts, you're not too keen on Maguire either.

Seeing as you don't really rate the players he's bringing in, why would you want to give him more money to waste? Like with Mourinho, I feel like you'll say anything to absolve the manager of any of the blame for our poor football.

vivaronaldo

the more and more garbage that this novice spin doctor keeps telling us , the further and further we fall behind

enough ole , you're destroying your reputation

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Fair point.

I suppose my point is unclear here so I’ll attempt to clarify

I read the statement as. . .

We’ve got injuries & fixtures so there’s no time to talk about transfers.

Not.

You journos can do one we aren’t talking transfers to you but we’re working on things in the background.

The comment sounds to me as him basically closing our transfers window because he has other things to deal with.

The question itself wouldn’t be raised had we shown an efficiency in getting deals done so I don’t expect him to leak transfer details, no but in answer to the question you can say you’re working on some things [if you are] without disclosing names etc.
Perfect example. Have people completely lost their minds? This thread is a train wreck, and are we now at a point where we it make up as we go a long? Just to have a dig at the manager? Did anyone actually watch the presser?
I know Enigma didn`t and admitted he made it up as he went a long. But come on!
He was asked what he thought on Nevilles comment on recruitment in past years, and he said this wasn`t the time to talk about it :houllier: It was actually a perfectly fine presser, but reading on here you are left thinking people either have an agenda, or you stumbled into a convention of village idiots.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Taken from United's website, I actually have no words anymore

"Of course, we are stretched and some of the players have played a lot. And they're improving for it and will reap the benefit and get stronger physically and mentally more robust."

As an aside I thought fitness was a main focus for this season and the main thing he was working on in pre season...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...724542745&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook
It takes more than just a summer to work on fitness.

elmo

I swear some people needs to be banned from press conference threads.

They've derailed it and are just finding fault with whatever Ole says.

Odin

Very useful thread for spotting new additions to my ignore list! I like a bit of exchanging opinions, but at this point the moaning has become so tedious I only have the choice between an extended ignore list or stop reading the forum.

Meep

Keeping it silent. Keeping it professional. What do you expect? If he has any critique I hope he keeps it in the club and not in the media as any professional and adult person would do.

sparx99

last week.
Solskjaer on the anti-Glazer chants: “ I can only say from when I’ve been here I’ve been backed by the owners, I’ve been backed by Ed and they’re supporting me.”

Today
We're always looking to improve the squad and to improve the club but for my mind, now is not the time, Gary, to start this discussion......I've been here 13 months, my experience with the players we've brought in has been good, so no complaints whatsoever."
The problem with that second quote is that the squad is significantly weaker than when Ole took over.

So tell us how the club are trying to improve?

elmo

The problem with that second quote is that the squad is significantly weaker than when Ole took over.

The starting 11 is stronger that last year if everyone is fit. The problem is the thin squad and it's being made worse with major injuries to key players.

Ole only mentioned he's satisfied with the quality of players being brought in and not mentioning anything about the quantity.

momo83

Massive Snowflake

He’s spent £150m, got rid of deadwood and the squad is significantly weaker? Yet people say he needs more windows.

Bestietom

We are all feeling the same way now as Liverpool and Arsenal fans have been feeling for years. Frustrated, and really angry with our board for selling players and not replacing them, leaving us with an impossible task and players having to play with injuries.