Solskjær press conference vs City (A) | Ole: "Alexis will come back in the summer and will prove you all wrong"

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And most importantly the fans have got fed up. Seeing tons of Ole defenders on Twitter finally turning their backs on him because of what he said, and surely the player+agent because of the way he said it. All must be furious.

But all's well as long as he gets his precious Lego from Woodward.
Cause it's a job for them. I've been working for most of my life. I'd say 50-60% of the people I worked with were professional. That means that they come to work, they work hard, they don't let problems at home effect them and they occasionally do the extra mile. If they had an appraisal tomorrow they would pass flying colours. However how many of these employees actually love the company they work with? We're not talking here about the job, the boss, the environment they currently work in but the actual company they work for. I can count among 20. How many of those are actually ready to go against the higher ups or put their hands in their pockets for the company they love? I can count those on one hand.

Football is different. United is for me fourth only behind my daughter, my wife and my mother. I keep watching the games even if we're shit and I wouldn't accept a job with these cnuts cause I know that would mean having to agree with them. That doesn't make me special. Honestly I consider myself as the Philip Neville version of fan as I am too emotional, sarcastic and cynical at times. What makes me is a fan.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Nice quote. At some point this will be used as something to beat him up with.

Sometimes I wonder if Ole realizes that United supporters aren't only kids. He could have just said "He'll be back" because We all knew no other club wants to pay Sanchez's wages anyway, would have been fine. Why do you do this to yourself Ole. You were the one who didn't want both Lukaku and Sanchez. I bet He will do a similar thing to Smalling.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Today I learned Alexis Sanchez isn't even halfway through his United contract :(

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If you watch the Sanchez portion of the video you can tell he's not quite serious. The entire bit before he says it is him accidentally talking down Sanchez (basically saying we have never really gotten anyone good in January), I think he basically realizes that about halfway through and just tries to cover it up a bit.

It's an easy comment to blow out of proportion but in the context of the actual video/interview it isn't nearly like how the text reads.
I watched it. He says it’s difficult in January because clubs don’t want to sell their best players. He talks about the Vidic, Evra and Larson so actually talks about good signings in Jan. So your analysis is wrong... unless if he thought ohhh I’ve mentioned those three forgot Sanchez let me give him a boost. That just shows how stupid he is

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Cause it's a job for them. I've been working for most of my life. I'd say 50-60% of the people I worked with were professional. That means that they come to work, they work hard, they don't let problems at home effect them and they occasionally do the extra mile. If they had an appraisal tomorrow they would pass flying colours. However how many of these employees actually love the company they work with? We're not talking here about the job, the boss, the environment they currently work in but the actual company they work for. I can count among 20. How many of those are actually ready to go against the higher ups or put their hands in their pockets for the company they love? I can count those on one hand.

Football is different. United is for me fourth only behind my daughter, my wife and my mother. I keep watching the games even if we're shit and I wouldn't accept a job with these cnuts cause I know that would mean having to agree with them. That doesn't make me special. Honestly I consider myself as the Philip Neville version of fan as I am too emotional, sarcastic and cynical at times. What makes me is a fan.
You put your wife above your United? I suggest you reassess

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
watching that, when he mentions Alexis, is he being serious or what? Im detecting almost a hint of sarcasm/ WUM. He looks a bit like he's going to laugh a little.

And that reporter's instant genuine stunned reaction :lol: "Seriously!?!",
It looked like he was serious but was just smiling as he said it.

Deery

Dreary
So if we are bringing Sanchez and probably Smalling back what exactly was the point loaning them out in the first place?
Surely the board must pull Ole up on this, it’s nearly negligence.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So if we are bringing Sanchez and probably Smalling back what exactly was the point loaning them out in the first place?
They'll be tipped as world class signings for the summer. It's all about making excuses in advance.

Part of the 3 year plan it seems.

SweetRightFoot

5 goals in 45 games at United

1 goal in 7 for Inter

He's gunna do f*ck all when he comes back and will be straight back to the physio with some minor muscle strain.

The definition of 'past it'.

Not even sure where he'd play, maybe no. 10? Not sure he's ever been technical enough for that. Always seen him as a industrious wide forward with an ever decreasing ability to pull a bit of magic off. Not seen any magic from him in years.

Please, please explain how you've dragged Ole into this. I'm properly baffled. He's clearly got sweet FA to do with our transfers with Dead Woodward in charge.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Dont think Ole, Jose or LVG had that much control over signings etc. Its on the board.
Yes Ole is out of his depth but no way is he happy with what is going on. He has been hung out to dry.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If that really is the case then we’ve got no money..
I honestly doubt we'll splash over 120m on Maddison and Sancho anyway, but there's that difference of having money, but spending it on useless player's contracts. Seven central defenders in the club and not even one looking to leave.

We don't sell and on top of that, we don't sell with profit.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
calm your tits. Go look at our players instagram and the clubs. It shows a disconnect that everybody knows exists.
Are they obligated to pretend they give a sh1t about a dead basketball player they had no connection to? There's loads of relevant stuff you could be annoyed about, you know?

Red00012

gza the genius

I watched it. He says it’s difficult in January because clubs don’t want to sell their best players. He talks about the Vidic, Evra and Larson so actually talks about good signings in Jan. So your analysis is wrong... unless if he thought ohhh I’ve mentioned those three forgot Sanchez let me give him a boost. That just shows how stupid he is
I think he mentions those three and then realizes we've still got a player on the books who he didn't mention so he backtracks. I'm not saying it's a great look but I think he knew he had to say something in regards to Sanchez.

KristianMackle

Inter Milan have been improving their squad since last summer and still are and they are second in their league.
We are in a continuous free fall and are unwilling to spend.

romufc

Inter Milan have been improving their squad since last summer and still are and they are second in their league.
We are in a continuous free fall and are unwilling to spend.
Nooooooo, you cannot have a re-build in 1 season. you need 6 summer windows.

Dante

Average bang
Manager tries to boost the confidence of a player under contract at his club!

Either Sanchez turns it around and we have a top class player back in Manchester/a big fee when we sell him on. Or he continues on his current trajectory and nothing changes for good or bad.

Either way, this comment will have no negative impact, but has the possibility of a positive impact.

Roboc7

It’s just an idiotic comment he made without thinking, no point trying to read too much into it. He doesn’t want Sanchez back or wouldn’t have let him go out on loan but most likely scenario is Sanchez will be back.

Club are either going to have to pay Sanchez off or loan him out on even worse terms next season.

Wayne's World

I really really want to believe he didn't say that Sanchez quote.....

I really think I hate him more then I hate the scousers now...

momo83

Massive Snowflake
It’s just an idiotic comment he made without thinking, no point trying to read too much into it. He doesn’t want Sanchez back or wouldn’t have let him go out on loan but most likely scenario is Sanchez will be back.

Club are either going to have to pay Sanchez off or loan him out on even worse terms next season.
Or his just putting the anti venom now before the snake bites in the summer. But think that’s giving Ole too much credit as being verbally clever is the last thing that Ole is.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I've been a supporter of Ole's since the start and I want to give him until December before deciding. I think it's fair to see 3 transfer windows and how the play improves or not. However, if he brings back Sanchez I will change my mind. Sanchez days are done at the elite level and if Ole can't see that....

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
I really really want to believe he didn't say that Sanchez quote.....

I really think I hate him more then I hate the scousers now...
Stupid thing to say but he really doesnt want to be in the position of saying that. He wants signings too. The board have left him in position where he is getting the flack for not being backed. Out of his depth? Yeah but not sure any manager could win the way the board is carrying on.

Roboc7

Or his just putting the anti venom now before the snake bites in the summer. But think that’s giving Ole too much credit as being verbally clever is the last thing that Ole is.
It’s just verbal diarrhoea rather than anything clever.

Reality is Sanchez will be back, Inter aren’t going to want him permanently, other clubs aren’t going to either. Even if we’re paying 50% of his wages he’d still be one of highest earners wherever he goes.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Ole the manager. Void of any charisma, talks absolute nonsense. Theres just nothing there that gives me any confidence in his personality or demeanor. Add to the fact his boss is an incompetent glorified investment banker its only gona get worst.

Next couple of years are vital for the club as a whole. Change is needed fast.

VanGaalyTime

£7.5m a year is much more then he was making as a player and infinitely more then he was making managing Molde.

Roy Keane getting £50k a week in 2000 was considered the club breaking its wage structure. Really doubt Ole was on more then 10k a week
Ole is supremely wealthy, outside of football. Worth about $10m last time I checked. Certainly doesn't need the money.

Pjisared

You can’t make this up.
Fernandes to Barca !! and we get feckin Sanchez back.
Some transfer window this could turn out to be.

Mr.Plow

Prove you all wrong? Isn't Solskjaer the one who let him go? As if he had faith in him himself.

sport2793

The Alexis comment is really odd in terms of when he said it (just came out of nowhere). It almost feels like a poorly formed joke as it didnt come across to me as a serious comment. Almost think it was some way in his mind to take a jab at the media or the owners. Shame no one asked a follow up on that.

liamp

The quote is pure man management. We know that Inter won't make the deal permanent and that we are unlikely to find a buyer. So now with have two options, we ostracize and pay him for nothing until 2022 or we try to at least rebuild his moral and make some use of the player he has become.
Agree, it's just how disingenuous it sounds. He was better off not making any comment about Alexis now.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Come on chaps...ole was listing players that had been brought in in January and had been successful. One of the journos shouted alexis and ole was simply sticking up for someone who is still one of his players. Nothing to see.

Red_toad

United fans baffled by Alex Sanchez situation
Solskjaer’s comments haven’t exactly gone down well.

Ole didn’t want him, or he doesn’t get on with Pogba so the club made a decision, or someone thought it was a good idea.
I don’t see where he fits if he comes back? Well paid understudy to Martial?

Kopral Jono

Said it before and I'll say it again, don't care how pissed off people get. The fans who go to games cheering him and chanting his name have helped make this happen. Fine, shout Woodward is shit and needs to leave, but don't then under the same breathe say Ole is great. It makes him think he is doing a good job when he just flat out isn't despite what is going on above him.

He is being validated by fans at matches who are either blindly faithful and/or using him as a dig to Woodward. Either way, stop chanting his name.
Absolutely. It pisses me off badly that some of our fans, especially those belonging to a specific demographic, have enabled this mess to continue on out of sheer sanctimonious stupidity.

They too must take their fair share of the blame.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Ole is supremely wealthy, outside of football. Worth about $10m last time I checked. Certainly doesn't need the money.
You say he’s worth $10m and you don’t £7.5m year is a significant increase to his wealth?

fps

What’s he meant to say?
“Alexei’s coming back cos no one can afford his wages, he’s a crock and he’ll continue to serve up dross.”?
Sanchez will walk back in this summer and Ole will have to manage him. He actually has a dog in this fight unlike the keyboard warriors here.