Solskjær press conference vs Spurs (H)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Stating facts gets boring?

Re-iterating that every player at the club needs to work hard in training every day bores you?
Yeah it's nice to listen to those comments if They actually walk the talk. Any minute now?
If that logic isn't too your liking, be prepared for many more seasons of failure.

Ole has always said that the mentality of the players has to change, that work ethic and mindset is important, that comes into play every day in training.

Baffles me how people are so quick to judge every comment Ole makes without taking into account the meaning behind them. The man talks sense, people are just too lazy to actually listen
That's your opinion. For me if the logic is simply to work hard and proud to be part of the club, be prepared for many more seasons of failure. United aren't entitled to win anything, to feel special about anything. You can't just go on and on about United mentaliteehhh but The players shit themselves against Aston Villa. Football is not only about that. How about squad depth? playstyle to build a team around? tactical adjustments during matches? players quality? how about not saying you weren't worried about the draws that could have been wins because of VAR? We're closer to relegation zone than top 4.

Craig Ward

What does he give us? He topped all our individual stats last season. Even the defensive ones. That's pretty hard for someone who "strolls around the pitch". We are solely dependent on him when he's playing. He's a CM, yet he was our top scorer too.

Watching United is now a depressing and miserable existence. Pogba is the only elite talent we have, who is a genuine superstar and meets the standards we expect of players here. The only player we have who will have their pick of the top clubs if he leaves no problem.

He rushed back vs Rochdale of all teams, re-injuring himself. Now him making sure he's fully fit before returning, is now used against him, to state he doesn't want to be here anymore... You can't seriously believe that?

But yeah what does he give us..?
You should go into comedy writing, branding Pogba as:
"Elite Talent"
"Genuine Superstar"

Mate, your describing Messi there, not some clown who think he's god gift on Instagram and just flapping his arms in frustration every time HE loses possession (which is several times a game btw)

Pogba is a good player, but he's incredibly inconsistent and doesn't want to be here anyway - did you forget his agent in the summer, and Pogba stating "he wants a new challenge"?

And you don't think any of our other players could get a move to a big club? Rashford/Martial/De Gea wouldn't attract any interest?

Your a little bit too much in love with Pogba it seems

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Tells me your another Pogba lover and I am a CLUB man.
What are you on about? Are you sure you haven't just fell hook line and sinker for the media propaganda?

Tell me what reasoning you have for believing his injuries this season are all a ruse and shows that he's off in January?

M Bison

Supports
York City
Stating facts gets boring?

Re-iterating that every player at the club needs to work hard in training every day bores you?

If that logic isn't too your liking, be prepared for many more seasons of failure.

Ole has always said that the mentality of the players has to change, that work ethic and mindset is important, that comes into play every day in training.

Baffles me how people are so quick to judge every comment Ole makes without taking into account the meaning behind them. The man talks sense, people are just too lazy to actually listen
Agreed.

The way in which Ole addresses the media and press conferences is unchanged from when he first took over but because a number of fans have turned on him they no longer like this style.

Bestietom

What does he give us? He topped all our individual stats last season. Even the defensive ones. That's pretty hard for someone who "strolls around the pitch". We are solely dependent on him when he's playing. He's a CM, yet he was our top scorer too.

Watching United is now a depressing and miserable existence. Pogba is the only elite talent we have, who is a genuine superstar and meets the standards we expect of players here. The only player we have who will have their pick of the top clubs if he leaves no problem.

He rushed back vs Rochdale of all teams, re-injuring himself. Now him making sure he's fully fit before returning, is now used against him, to state he doesn't want to be here anymore... You can't seriously believe that?

But yeah what does he give us..?
Yes It is depressing watching our team now, and we need a huge investment into team rebuilding. And I do know what Pogba done last season, but I am talking about this season. He said he wanted a new challenge elsewhere, and hasn't put in a performance anywhere near what he did last season.
( and Yes, he did stroll around the pitch in the few games he played this season)
To me a player that doesn't want to be here, should be let go.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't care if he never plays for us again. With the effort he puts in, he won't be missed. I would have let him go last summer.
And there's the agenda!

You don't like the player, so make up shit about how his injury equates to him wanting out

Gator Nate

What actually is the diagnosis on him? Tansfermarket just says "Ankle problems" with no estimated return date.
He had a foot injury before. He was stupidly rushed back vs Rochdale and he injured himself again.

The club are now rightly making sure he's fully fit so there's no chance of it happening again. He was originally pencilled in for a December return.

He has now had the brace taken off his foot for a few weeks, so I imagine he's training to get his fitness back. He shouldn't be too far away now i reckon.
Well there can. It’s a structural injury and if ligaments were damaged, there’s no way that heals quick.
We’re so bad in midfield;Ole would play him if he was right
If we assume it's a grade three sprain, and he reinjured it, you're looking at day-to-day reevaluation for up to six months, assuming you don't reinjure it again. My son just went through a lesser sprain incurred during a cross country race, but the orthopedist warned us of the pitfalls. American Football is rife with "high ankle sprains," and, frankly, you're faster recovering from a broken ankle.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Nothing about or from you, if your going to be like this all the time.
What do you expect when you come up with nonsense like 'Pogba lover' instead of arguing your point.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You should go into comedy writing, branding Pogba as:
"Elite Talent"
"Genuine Superstar"

Mate, your describing Messi there, not some clown who think he's god gift on Instagram and just flapping his arms in frustration every time HE loses possession (which is several times a game btw)

Pogba is a good player, but he's incredibly inconsistent and doesn't want to be here anyway - did you forget his agent in the summer, and Pogba stating "he wants a new challenge"?

And you don't think any of our other players could get a move to a big club? Rashford/Martial/De Gea wouldn't attract any interest?

Your a little bit too much in love with Pogba it seems
Pogba is an elite level talent. It's obvious. I don't know what there is to argue about?

This ''clown who think he's god gift on Instagram'' doesn't look out of place, scoring in World Cup finals. He scored in the Europa League final for us too.

We're going nowhere, stuck in mid-table. He'll be 27 at the start of next season. Players peaks are short. Why wouldn't he want a new challenge, to compete for the top trophies?

No they couldn't. Not for the amounts we pay them. You think they could get 250k contracts elsewhere? They are big fish in a little pond here. If they could, with the state we're in, why wouldn't they want to leave otherwise? I would have thought De Gea, if a top club shown any interest, would have been straight off last summer, so i seriously doubt that he had any offers at all.

No. Just aware and appreciative of the qualities he brings to us as a team. We are full of problems, but Pogba is the last player i would want to lose in this team.

Gordon S

I'm not sure i understand the point of these PCs. It's like a vague injury update and some shatter about "we're working hard in training". Couldn't we use twitter for this shit?

Bestietom

What do you expect when you come up with nonsense like 'Pogba lover' instead of arguing your point.
If you read my posts I answered Majima. With the names you were calling me ( Shit Poster) I thought it best just to ignore.

Craig Ward

Pogba is an elite level talent. It's obvious. I don't know what there is to argue about?

This ''clown who think he's god gift on Instagram'' doesn't look out of place, scoring in World Cup finals. He scored in the Europa League final for us too.

We're going nowhere, stuck in mid-table. He'll be 27 at the start of next season. Players peaks are short. Why wouldn't he want a new challenge, to compete for the top trophies?

No they couldn't. Not for the amounts we pay them. You think they could get 250k contracts elsewhere? They are big fish in a little pond here. If they could, with the state we're in, why wouldn't they want to leave otherwise? I would have thought De Gea, if a top club shown any interest, would have been straight off last summer, so i seriously doubt that he had any offers at all.

No. Just aware and appreciative of the qualities he brings to us as a team. We are full of problems, but Pogba is the last player i would want to lose in this team.
Is losing the ball and sulking with his hands on his hip a quality you admire of his? Or his positional play as a central midfielder that leaves the opposition just run past him as if he wasnt there? What about his wasteful passes?

Problem with Pogba is the hype. People think he's "world class" but his performances don't warrant that label at all. His talent is there, he just doesn't utilize it consistently enough to be praised in the manner in which you rate him

Pogba's talent is just somewhat "potential" talent. We are all waiting for him to become this world class midfielder. He hasn't, and he wont here.

He's had good moments, and I've no doubt he's a better player than most we have here. But he doesn't play at a level that matches his ability and he frankly, doesn't look like he wants to be here. SAF got rid of much, much better players for less, he wouldn't be anywhere near a united shirt under Fergie's regime. And that's the standard we need to be at.

We have issues with the squad yes, we have worse players than him, but he isn't the answer and never will be

Last edited:

Giggsyking

Concerned by form?
We’ve had too many draws for my liking, defeats of course, but draws we should have turned into wins and football is a results business, not happy know we can do better and are working hard, the work is always geared on us improving but we’re not getting all the results we’ve deserved.
You got what deserved in 90% of the matches, dont fecking come with excuses.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yes It is depressing watching our team now, and we need a huge investment into team rebuilding. And I do know what Pogba done last season, but I am talking about this season. He said he wanted a new challenge elsewhere, and hasn't put in a performance anywhere near what he did last season.
( and Yes, he did stroll around the pitch in the few games he played this season)
To me a player that doesn't want to be here, should be let go.
If you're talking about this season. He was played as a DM in a pivot by Solskjaer. So the role by nature, has him not getting around the pitch and influencing the matches further forward, like we expect & know he can. Also, in those few performances, he still created more from deep on his own, than the rest of the midfield had, in more minutes, put together.

So I definitely think it's harsh to use those performances against him.

I do think he is disillusioned with the direction of the club currently. But who, who has genuine goals of competing at the very top, wouldn't be? We've got a rookie manager, the midfield was weakened even more so with the departures & decline of Fellaini, Herrera & Matic. Which none were replaced properly. We've lost a significant amount of experience, replacing them with cheap youth. The standards haven't just fallen of the cliff, they don't exist anymore.

But he isn't keeping himself by design. He has been genuinely injured. He rushed back last time vs Arsenal & Rochdale of all teams remember.

The way i see it, i would be more concerned if our best player wasn't disillusioned and wanting to leave, with our current direction. In my opinion it reflects more negatively on the likes of De Gea, Rashford & Martial, signing shiny new contracts, settling for comfort & mediocrity, than Pogba making it known he's unhappy with the non-standards and wanting to leave. Do you not feel the same way?

Last edited:

Giggsyking

Worried about being sacked?
No it doesn’t make me more concerned, I’m just focusing on my job and that’s doing as well as I can, look forward to next game, look long-term plan things with board.

It’s that time of year, never nice to see your colleagues lose your job in a very short space of time, some of them, you can talk about VAR all day long, don’t know reasons about the sackings at different clubs. But one result, Southampton, Watford with the handball, and we’re talking about something completely different. Sometimes you have luck, sometimes you don’t. But it doesn’t make me any more concerned that it is December.
FFS

roonster09

Scout
If you read my posts I answered Majima. With the names you were calling me ( Shit Poster) I thought it best just to ignore.
Maybe you should go back and read the order first.

Giggsyking

Apparently The Sun claims he’s spoken to the players and told them that losses against Spurs and City will cost him his job!

Imagine that talk eh?
“ Please lads, don’t feck up or I’m gone,” he said with tears in his eyes
Im sure that did really happen :lol:.

Ekeke

So what happens if the next manager comes in and has you mid table after a year, what happens then?
Why prepare for the worst? You're almost asking for it at that point.

New manager, get the team an identity and style on the pitch and stop messing up every transfer window. We dont need to finish top 4 at this point in the season (we're already in damage control) but we need to look capable of doing that and Ole hasnt found it.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If we assume it's a grade three sprain, and he reinjured it, you're looking at day-to-day reevaluation for up to six months, assuming you don't reinjure it again. My son just went through a lesser sprain incurred during a cross country race, but the orthopedist warned us of the pitfalls. American Football is rife with "high ankle sprains," and, frankly, you're faster recovering from a broken ankle.
Goodness. Well that's the worst case scenario.

Ever since he re-injured it vs Rochdale, just over 2 months ago, the club have always said December as his potential return time. When he took the brace off 2 weeks ago, i remember reading he was meant to be ahead of schedule.

Solskjaer has said today they would see how he responds to the grass. Everything points to him recovering as expected, with him just needing to recapture his fitness/sharpness now.

Sterling Archer

Why is this derailed into a Pogba debate? Let's get it transitioned back to Ole:

One of the very few reasons to actually opt for Ole last year was that we would see him get the best out of Pogba not only by giving him more freedom but also getting him to stay with United. It was immediately a foolish expectation. Pogba started talking publicly about leaving in the summer. So sure he stayed so far but he isn't staying long. As for playing him the right way...the summer transfer window should have been used to build the team around Pogba. Give him midfield support and targets to play the ball to...winger , attacking fullbacks and good striking options. Instead we bought a ball playing CB and the most defensive RB around because one season of bad defensive record trumped the previous two where this team had the 2nd best record. None of which helped Pogba play better as he was once again shunted deep.

And now he's injured for who knows how long.

So in case it wasn't clear, that's all on Ole.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
"It's a game of margins". Margins every presser.

roonster09

Scout
I better stop now, or you will hit me with your handbag next. You go on like an old woman.
Looks like both. Ask about manners when acting like one without any manners. Play victim card after posting nonsense.

Yeah move on.

manc4red

I can see a 1-1 tie. Jose will def want a result and ole will want to ensure he doesnt lose to his predecessor

Sterling Archer

So what happens if the next manager comes in and has you mid table after a year, what happens then?
A lot of us here have been extremely accommodating. The distinction between patience and foolish delusion comes from watching Ole's United team play. They're terrible. Defensive and yet awfully set up at it . Wildly chaotic counters. Poorly coached (some would say uncoached) movement. Tactically naive. And no semblance of vision for a future.

When that is what leaves you midtable it's very different than when the signs are positive.

RedIan

Just watched Oles press conference, he looked a beaten man to me. He looked to be trying to sound positive with the “we are working hard” comments but there is no sign of the bullishness he had when he took over.. “we are Manchester United, we have good players” i will be successful her - etc etc
i really hope he turns this round but I’m not feeling it from him now. Hes only human and must be feeling the pressure.