Solskjaer's contract

Stormrage101MUFC

If we make significant improvements to the squad this summer and still can't maintain a title challenge until the final few games next season, I'd be worried tbh.

As long as progress is being made there's no issue, but as soon as we stall and/or multiple other teams make a massive improvement in the same period then it becomes an issue.

croadyman

Bets on when his contract extension will be announced? I'm thinking it'll get snuck in during the international break weekend.
My prediction will be after we have had our next positive result whether that's making the semi finals of FA Cup or possibly the Quarter Finals of the Europa League, he isn't the right man for me and shouldn't get a new contract but would feel better if he was at least open to bringing in some proper coaching to help him out but don't think he knows any which is worrying

iHicksy

We only sack managers if they finish outside the top 4 if recent history is anything to go by. I expect a contract extension as soon as we are guaranteed that placing. It's a shame Ole isn't willing to get a more experienced coaching staff in. This old boys / United inner circle echo chamber will be his downfall.

croadyman

We only sack managers if they finish outside the top 4 if recent history is anything to go by. I expect a contract extension as soon as we are guaranteed that placing. It's a shame Ole isn't willing to get a more experienced coaching staff in. This old boys / United inner circle echo chamber will be his downfall.
Yeah the coaching thing really wrangles with me more than anything because maybe then we might have actually seen some proactive substitutions rather than just leaving it late and doing the same old thing every time

Lappen

He probably already have an offer on the table... Woodward was really informing everyone how Ole was a big part of the longterm plan in both november and december.
When there is a bad news to tell, there will be a god one as vell. And in Woodward eyes extending Ole's contract is a god news. Just waiting for the moment.
(I do trust in Ole).

croadyman

He probably already have an offer on the table... Woodward was really informing everyone how Ole was a big part of the longterm plan in both november and december.
When there is a bad news to tell, there will be a god one as vell. And in Woodward eyes extending Ole's contract is a god news. Just waiting for the moment.
(I do trust in Ole).
Do you not think that toy story puppet made a compete blunder by not waiting until the end of that season before giving Ole the job on a permanent basis then, have always said Ole could have silenced more of the doubters like myself and won us over by simply getting more experienced people around him rather than just ones with this "Utd DNA"

Lappen

Do you not think that toy story puppet made a compete blunder by not waiting until the end of that season before giving Ole the job on a permanent basis then, have always said Ole could have silenced more of the doubters like myself and won us over by simply getting more experienced people around him rather than just ones with this "Utd DNA"
Firstly I want to admit that I think Ole have done a quit good job. Things can clearly gett better, and I'm not impressed with his in game coaching.

I absolutely think we should wait until the end of season (and should have waited antes) to give him a new contract/or not. Judge him later, rather than sooner...this time.
But then again, Woodward have a strange way to handle his managers. (Not only the managers to be true).

And for sure it could have made his life easier with the outside doubters getting more experienced people close to him.
But maybe these Utd DNA people makes his life inside the club easier. And if he realy believe in himself, this young/unexperienced Utd DNA set up could be a really good longtime plan.

I do understand people who wants something els, who think we need a change. And we do change every two- two and half year or so, maybe its time again... Perhaps not making the change is the biggest change the club can do.

I do believe in Ole, but I'm not walking through fire to keep him.
He has some big ba..s for sure, it would have been easy to not take the job, or not to extend the contract, or hide behind great experienced coaches. He doesn't, and its his ba..s we crush if it goes wrong.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ed had to extend Jose because there was a rumor Everton/PSG were sniffing around. With Ole, we won't have that problem. So I would be extremely surprised if something happens before December.

copen1945

Solskjaer will bring resilience back to United, and the City winning run will come to an end. He should get the deserved extension and be allowed to continue with the steady progress. Guardiola only has two more years on his contract, so United should prepare for the coming opportunity.

Roboc7

(I do trust in Ole).
If there is an offer on the table, Ole should sign it now because it might not be there soon. Fortunately for Ole there is no out of contract successor ready and waiting so he might even survive failing to make top four but Ole’s job isn’t as safe as it looked couple of months ago.

UpWithRivers

Unless we have a complete collapse and finish outside top 4 (which could happen based on recent results) There is 0 chance he doesn't get a new contract. 0. Nada. Nil. Ole will be here for 3/4 more years. He will be our late stage Wenger. Get in the Champions league every year but thats it.

Mainoldo

Unless we have a complete collapse and finish outside top 4 (which could happen based on recent results) There is 0 chance he doesn't get a new contract. 0. Nada. Nil. Ole will be here for 3/4 more years. He will be our late stage Wenger. Get in the Champions league every year but thats it.
We’ll finish outside top 4. So thankfully this nightmare will soon be over.

vanrooney

if we stick with ole he will win us the league. if we sack him we would start from scratch again.

Red00012

if we stick with ole he will win us the league. if we sack him we would start from scratch again.
I’ve great time for him and he’s done a good job here but he’s not winning us a league.

tomaldinho1

I’d be willing to bet an extension has already been agreed, maybe even signed, and the club wants to make the announcement at a time that suits them.
If we smash and grab a win today, you can bet it’ll be Monday if that’s true.

GoldTrafford99

Why do people think he deserves another year? We've won 2 out of the last 10 in the league.

Because most people aren't that short-sighted.

Not only do they not count the last 10 matches, but they won't count the next ten in their reasons for hiring or firing a manger either.

They see a much bigger picture.

Same reason decent fans weren't calling for Fergie's head in 1988 - because they knew all the groundwork was being done... They were much more open minded than judging on the 'now'...

90 + 5min

So many haters in here. So many jealous people.

Even when we were first they were here blaming Solskjaer for everything so I'm not surprised they are here now to when we 2nd / 3rd.

90 + 5min

Not only do they not count the last 10 matches, but they won't count the next ten in their reasons for hiring or firing a manger either.

Same reason decent fans weren't calling for Fergie's head in 1988 - because they knew all the groundwork was being done... They were much more open minded than judging on the 'now'...
Problem with today. Everything must happen here and now and if it doesn't blame everybody. Sack everbody. Go from game to game and sack manager as soon as he draw or lose. I called this people Football Manager players where you can start and restart games by only pushing on and off button.

GoldTrafford99

Even when we were first they were here blaming Solskjaer for everything so I'm not surprised they are here now to when we 2nd / 3rd.

Proper United fans are in full support of Ole.

I don't know one match-going fan who isn't anything but super excited about what is going on behind the scenes at our football club.

The only folk saying Ole is doing a bad job are guys on internet forums with silly usernames who demand instant success. But, sure, their opinion doesn't count...

GoldTrafford99

Problem with today. Everything must happen here and now and if it doesn't blame everybody. Sack everbody. Go from game to game and sack manager as soon as he draw or lose. I called this people Football Manager players where you can start and restart games by only pushing on and off button.

These guys would have sacked Sir Matt Busby in 1948

and

These guys would have sacked Sir Alex in 1988.

And the club they proclaim to "support" would have a pretty fecking empty history and and an even emptier trophy cabinet.

As I have said multiple times, these United "fans" calling for Solskjaer to be sacked because his team isn't performing NOW!!! have chosen the wrong football club to support.

There is no doubt about that... none whatsoever.

Litch

Proper United fans are in full support of Ole.

I don't know one match-going fan who isn't anything but super excited at what is going on behind the scenes at our football club.

The only folk saying Ole is doing a bad job are guys on internet forums with silly usernames. And, sure, their opinion doesn't count...
Love that. If you go to the match, you are a proper red. You know the club success on and off the pitch is because of its worldwide appeal? No one whether they are a 'match going red' has the monopoly of knowledge. The arrogance of your statement is unbelievable

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

The groundwork SAF had to do with the club and what Ole inherited are about a million miles apart and should never ever be compared.

GoldTrafford99

Love that. If you go to the match, you are a proper red. You know the club success on and off the pitch is because of its worldwide appeal? No one whether they are a 'match going red' has the monopoly of knowledge. The arrogance of your statement is unbelievable

No.

I am telling you that the manager's position won't be considered due to fecking eejits on an internet forum.

The United players are delighted with Ole.

The United board are delighted with Ole.

The match-going fans are delighted with Ole.

Yet you think Ed Woodward might consider sacking Ole because guys called 'Litch' or 'Mainaldo' on a internet forum aren't happy?

Ha ha. FFS. Give me a break.

Solskjaer is gonna be our manager for years. He is doing a stellar job.

Only the shortsighted can't see it.

Swedish_Plumber

It’s very difficult to see how Ole is going to win us a title when you look at the form of City, the inconsistency of so many teams who are usually far better in that regard and the uncertainty that he will even be backed with players he needs to get us there.
Bringing in a new manager is far from certain to improve things either, even though I do have concerns about our style of play/coaching.
This is because it’s the same script for every new manager. He’s brought in, he’s backed with a couple of players, he tries to change the style of play, it works for us to get into the top 4. Then he isn’t backed and everything starts regressing again.
There’s one constant and that’s the board...

ICHM

I would put him on a 1 year rolling contract, that way we limit the exposure. He is not the messiah, but he is rebuilding us to being respectable if a little annoying at being crap for 10 games then good for 10 games.

Red_toad

Why would anyone hate Ole and why would anyone be jealous?
Ole is a lovely bloke and a United legend. People expressing concerns about his coaching ability and tactics doesn’t mean they hate him. I personally never wanted him as full time United coach, I don’t think he has the ability to turn us into serial winners. We just have become a team that has a purple patch every now and then, then reverts back to an overly cautious team that looks like the coaching team have zero game plan. I’d say there are a few coaches out there who’d get better performances out of our players, all United fans simply want good football and a team that seriously challenges for major honours. That does not make them haters nor jealous of Ole. They’re simply fans who want to best for their team..

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's doing a stellar job for the board because he doesn't complain publicly and all they want is CL football, everything else is a bonus.

Some people just can't differentiate their feelings between Ole the player and Ole the manager.

GoldTrafford99

The groundwork SAF had to do with the club and what Ole inherited are about a million miles apart and should never ever be compared.

Interesting....

Alex Ferguson has told close friends that Ole's turnaround is more difficult than his due to the competition being streets ahead of anything he had to face back in the late 80s...but sure "ForeverGiggs" on a internet forum doesn't agree with Sir Alex and I have to admit, I'm thorn now. Who to believe... Forever Giggs or Sir Alex Ferguson?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Interesting....

Alex Ferguson has told close friends that Ole's turnaround is more difficult than his due to the competition being streets ahead of anything he had to face back in the late 80s...but sure "ForeverGiggs" on a internet forum doesn't agree with Sir Alex and I have to admit, I'm thorn now. Who to believe... Forever Giggs or Sir Alex Ferguson?
It really is embarrassing downplaying SAFs role in building the club from scratch in defence of our present manager. It really is a new low.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
Whether you believe in him or not, I think most people would assume he would be here next season. Also, next season is being billed as the big test, the height of the three-year plan, etc.

At the moment, though, his contract runs until the end of next season alone, and if that doesn't change in the next few months it'll mean he'll be entering that season with his future totally unclear, which might add unwanted pressure and certainly question.

So how do we go about it? I don't believe any of our previous three managers were in the job during a final season of their contract. LVG was let go after the second of three years, Mourinho got an extention in January 2018 up until 2020. Are we going to extend Solskjaer's contract soon, maybe by a year, just to keep things quiet, or will we pile of the pressure fully by putting him in a situation in which he - and everyone else - know that if he doesn't deliver something big it'll be the end of the road?
If we collapse from 2nd to scraping 4th with no closer to trophies I wouldn't renew his contract until next season, his tactics and refusal to change is reminiscent of Louis Van Gaal which alot of ex player are now realising. Gary Neville himself said he was trying 1000 things all the same ways but expecting different results. Him waiting too long for making subs when we desperately need some change in a game. I love Ole but have we improved yes but also stepped backwards again playing too defensive football when our attack was always our strength. But that has collapsed with Martials form and now being over reliant on an aging Cavani. I feel for Greenwood as I would rather him be up front for the remainder of the season to see what he can accomplish and start playing Diallo on the wing.