Some players asked for day off after Fulham defeat - Request refused

Dan_F

Last seasons schedule was brutal and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of them are dropping off in performance as a result of that overload. Certainly injuries can be attributed to this, along with a tough preseason.

Casemiro played more minutes than all bar one of his Madrid seasons, despite missing that period of seven games in the middle and being far older. I’m sure it’s a similar story throughout the team.

The amount of sprints the players are being asked to do is probably far more damaging than for other teams due to the midfield set up. Just the amount of sprints we have to do to defend from our own attacking corners is ridiculous :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Here comes the " see what he has to deal with" crew.

He himself said the schedule was grueling and here we are getting leaks from the backroom staff again.
What makes you think the leak was from the staff?

KevinJoh

We have seen two seasons now with players heading into the season looking well off the pace. That, coupled with the constant muscle injuries would suggest a coach who is failing on the physical fitness issues as much as he is failing on the tactical side, player recruitment side and man management side.

In other words…how on earth is he still here?
There was no one who can sack him until 2 weeks ago. Lets wait for a few weeks.

didz

If they're genuinely exhausted and considering how many injuries the club deal with then yes.
If you read the article, the suggestion isn't really anything to do with physical exhaustion. It was warm down sessions (the sort that looks to prevent injuries) and video analysis that they wanted to skip.

erikcred

If you read the article, the suggestion isn't really anything to do with physical exhaustion. It was warm down sessions (the sort that looks to prevent injuries) and video analysis that they wanted to skip.
Not surprised. Would you sit through an hour rewatching pieces of that Fulham performance?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think its concerning that they even have to ask, especially given the amount of muscle injuries this season
If they're exhausted shouldn't they be able to ask for a day off? Or do we only approve of employees getting a say outside of football?
They have games once a week. Maybe theres a case for saying they dont enjoy higher intensity training because they did feck all under Ole.

Sounds like a player problem though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is 100% Rashford moaning to a journalist making excuses for why he is doing feck all.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Last seasons schedule was brutal and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of them are dropping off in performance as a result of that overload. Certainly injuries can be attributed to this, along with a tough preseason.

Casemiro played more minutes than all bar one of his Madrid seasons, despite missing that period of seven games in the middle and being far older. I’m sure it’s a similar story throughout the team.

The amount of sprints the players are being asked to do is probably far more damaging than for other teams due to the midfield set up. Just the amount of sprints we have to do to defend from our own attacking corners is ridiculous :lol:
Another very serious issue alongside horrendous rest defence in possession - it’s not only basketball, it’s constant high octane, desperate scrambles to cover acres of space. Infuriating.

OmarUnited4ever

It says in the article that the normal routine after games is warm downs and video analysis so it is not like a grueling session hence why the article says the staff were surprised by the request.

It seems like a nothing story but my issue is if it's true then why such thing is leaked ??!!!

neon_badger

Perhaps instead of a day off they could have a day out somewhere? I suggest spending a day in a factory where they can see first hand how hard people have to work to earn enough money to be able to watch the garbage they served up on Saturday.

RuudTom83

How many times can a group of players cry wolf.

Just shut up! the last thing we want to read is more social media posts with the next excuse.

Was Eriksen too tired from August to make a tackle in injury time against Fulham FFS.

Gar&Nachos

Bruno looks exhausted for someone with such a high work rate so I personally can believe it.

Horrible tactics probably lead to horrible training.

mu4c_20le

It says in the article that the normal routine after games is warm downs and video analysis so it is not like a grueling session hence why the article says the staff were surprised by the request.

It seems like a nothing story but my issue is if it's true then why such thing is leaked ??!!!
Seems like it was supposed to make the players look bad so maybe the manager is feeling the pressure?

BootsyCollins

Two things can be true.
The players can be lazy and not arsed and are not in a position to ask for a day off

And

ETH can be stupid in his planing and running the players into the ground with to intensive training.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Here comes the " see what he has to deal with" crew.

He himself said the schedule was grueling and here we are getting leaks from the backroom staff again.
the same players have downed tools under every other manager. doesn’t mean that ten hag isn’t over working them, but they’re spineless pieces of shit who have no business playing for united.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

I just twitched involuntarily

The Red Thinker

INEOS have it all to do. There are some extremely mentally weak dunderheads at the club and they need rooting out. All of them. Purge them and start anew. Of course all this - if true!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Perhaps instead of a day off they could have a day out somewhere? I suggest spending a day in a factory where they can see first hand how hard people have to work to earn enough money to be able to watch the garbage they served up on Saturday.
Why do you assume the performances are due to lack of hard work rather than poor tactics?

RedDevil@84

INEOS have it all to do. There are some extremely mentally weak dunderheads at the club and they need rooting out. All of them. Purge them and start anew
INEOS would be crippled by FFP and PRUnited. They wouldn't want bad PR rightaway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And the leaks near the end of a manager's time start in earnest.

Some of our players can't admit they just have an appalling attitude, so instead have to drop these pathetic leaks.

Something was horribly off this pre-season though. We started that game v Wolves like they were Olympians and we were back of pack race for life 5k merchants.

And we constantly give teams 15-20 chances each game even now.

neon_badger

Why do you assume the performances are due to lack of hard work rather than poor tactics?
I don't, i believe it's a combination of many things effort being one of them, if the story is true and the players didn't fancy going in for post match training and tactical analysis then it's a bit of an insult to those that support them, particularly after Saturday.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine me asking for a holiday the day after losing my company money.

Godfather

the same players have downed tools under every other manager. doesn’t mean that ten hag isn’t over working them, but they’re spineless pieces of shit who have no business playing for united.
Wonder who the main culprits and moaners are.

redcucumber

INEOS have it all to do. There are some extremely mentally weak dunderheads at the club and they need rooting out. All of them. Purge them and start anew. Of course all this - if true!
Even if this specific article has been embellished/is an outright lie, the squad needs purging. Most of them have demonstrated long enough that they aren't cut out for this club.