Some players asked for day off after Fulham defeat - Request refused

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
According to the Guardian, some players asked for a day off after the Fulham defeat, citing exhaustion. Allegedly, they claim to have started the season more tired than they finished last season, due to ETH’s gruelling pre-season. Is there anything in this? We’ve started both of his seasons slowly, and this season, suffered a ton of soft tissue injuries. Could pre-season prep to be to blame for our poor form and prevalence of injuries, or are they just a lazy bunch of so and so’s? Commence with the speculation and inevitable conclusion that it’s all Rashford’s fault.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...yers-asked-for-day-off-after-defeat-by-fulham

FerociousCorgis

save for bruno who has even be fit and playing for an extended period of time this season? Nothing story prob, but if true then just a bunch of lazy fecks. Havent even been playing twice a week for a while now either.

Irwin99

Our grueling European games in midweek are clearly taking their toll on the players.

AndySmith1990

Preseason was 6 months ago. Is that not enough time to recover? They recently had a mini winter break, and the schedule is hardly hectic. Nor do they bust a gut outrunning the opposition every match

To be fair, to make his daft formation and game plan work, I can only assume he absolutely runs them to death in training. Would make sense of his injury record too.

Impossible tactics require impossible individuals.

Rossa

Preseason was 6 months ago. Is that not enough time to recover? They recently had a mini winter break, and the schedule is hardly hectic. Nor do they bust a gut outrunning the opposition every match
Factoring in time spent injured, exhaustion should be reserved only for the medical team.

tjb

Here comes the " see what he has to deal with" crew.

He himself said the schedule was grueling and here we are getting leaks from the backroom staff again.

GMoore23

We recently had a winter break and have only been playing 1 game a week mostly. Surely a nonsense story.

joedirt87

he never rotates, the schedule was brutal last year and the team is playing like crap. doesn't really shock me that players are mentally/physically exhausted. this team isn't built to handle multiple competition, the squad can barely handle the league alone right now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Given that the article says that the manager was unaware of the request - although as it’s in the Guardian, I assume he’s aware now - the leak seems likely to have come from one of the coaching staff. Maybe Ramsey as he’s on his way out? Although that sort of speculation is probably unfair to him.

It does seem like two sides are developing, as usual, in players vs staff. Players leaking they are exhausted and pre-season sucked, and staff leaking they asked for a day off after a defeat. Seems like both parties are starting the finger pointing game to try and spin their own side of the story behind this season’s failure.

Such a toxic culture at the club.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We have seen two seasons now with players heading into the season looking well off the pace. That, coupled with the constant muscle injuries would suggest a coach who is failing on the physical fitness issues as much as he is failing on the tactical side, player recruitment side and man management side.

In other words…how on earth is he still here?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We have players who are mostly dumb (at least football-wise) and not really good enough but I think there's definitely something wrong with EtH's training methods, apart from his dumb selections and tactics.

I sometimes wonder if the decision-making is poor because of bad fitnes or pure tiredness. Anyone who has done any sort of physical sport for a longer amount of time knows the fatigue from last season doesn't just go away.