Son Heung-min | arm no longer broken | heart could be

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That might be the most pathetic thing I've seen on a football pitch in a very long time.

I'd love to know if he had a chance to think about it and thought throwing himself to the ground was a good idea or if diving is so deeply ingrained in to his mindset that it was more of an automatic response.
Probably just North London club teaching culture. They are coached to be like that.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
World class. City should forget Kane its Son they should be signing.

Xanther

This guy is incredible. I get that people love Kane but I really think Son's been their best player for years now. He should be playing for Real Madrid, not Tottenham.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's excellent. I like that he doesn't try shit that he's not good at or be overly self indulgent. He knows he's excellent at being direct by using his pace and viscuous shot to score goals, and uses that to hurt teams. Sometimes, simplicity is the best. Excel consistently at what you know you are gifted at.

MalaysianRed7

I can say this for sure: he is the footballing pride of Asia. In fact, he’s probably even up there as the general pride of Asia. He’s seriously loved, and why not, because he’s an amazing footballer. He doesn’t even look great at times, but his efficiency in popping up with 30+ G/A season in, season out cannot be argued with.

I personally didn’t like him at all after the McTominay fiasco last season, but that went away pretty quickly to be honest. It would be pretty hypocritical to dislike him for shithousery, when Ander Herrera is still one of my favourite players since Fergie’s retirement :lol:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Would Son start for the England National Team??

Wouldn't Southgate love him(since Son's one of the best counter attackers in the world)?

gajender

This guy is incredible. I get that people love Kane but I really think Son's been their best player for years now. He should be playing for Real Madrid, not Tottenham.
No he is not way I see it while Son is good his skill set might not be suited to a team who primarily plays on the front foot and doesn't utilise counter attack as it's go to strategy while Kane wouldn't look out of place in any kind of set up and would excel everywhere .

Flexdegea

Son scores a hattrick, and sky talked about Kane the whole time, never seen as much nonsense in my life.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Rashford has everything Son has except for his mentality, maybe a coach like Conte would get it out of him.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Rashford has everything Son has except for his mentality, maybe a coach like Conte would get it out of him.
I don't think Rashford has ever shown the kind of two footed ability that Son has. You cannot really try and herd him onto his weaker foot as a defender, because he doesn't appear to have one.

They are both rapid and play as wide forwards, I guess that is why people like to compare them.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kane’s more consistent. Son does it in burst patches throughout the season. Part of why if you look at his stats he’s never hit a 20+ season.

A very good player, but Real Madrid standard? Yeah not sure about that.

Flexdegea

He means that maybe Conte could improve Rashford's mentality.

Aye but he assuming Conte done this with Son, Son Been class for ages under 3 managers.

It's not because Conte improved his mentality.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He signed a new long term deal last summer which got lost in all of the Kane noise so he isn't moving anytime soon.

Get the feeling he's happy living in London and being a big player rather than more rotation at CL club although he'd start regularly for many of them.

Superb finisher on one on ones, never think he's ever going to miss when he gets in those positions.

Always suprised me given his Bundesliga experience that Bayern Munich haven't come in for him at any point, would make more impact for them than Sane for instance.

Arguably Asia's best ever footballer? I know Park won plenty but Son's had a longer peak in europe imo.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Are you steaming? He isn’t half the player Son is.
No, I'm not steaming :lol:

It's easy to feel incredulous at my statement when Son is in his peak and best form of his life, whilst Rashford is probably in the worst form of his but lest we forget that Son is 5.5 years older than Rashford. Son wasn't the player he is now when he was 24 and if you look at their respective records up to that age then they're not too dissimilar(perhaps skewed by Rashford switching between LW and ST). Having seen every single minute Son has played for Spurs and plenty of Rashford I can honestly say that in terms of sheer ability there's really not that much between them at all. Son doesn't actually have many strings to his bow, in 80% of the game he's in fact decidedly very average, thankfully for us though he's among the elite in the other, arguably most important, 20%. Technically and physically/athletically there isn't much between them, @Scroto Baggins makes a good point about Son being better off his weaker foot which makes him a dual-threat in certain situations but I'd also say Rashford's first touch, quick link-up play and close-quarter dribbling are all better than Son's - who can often look like he's trying to control an air-hockey puck.

I did qualify my statement with the suggestion that Rashford doesn't appear to have Son's mentality, a facet which is necessary for talent to flourish on a consistent basis. Maybe Rashford has just totally lost his focus and drive, or maybe he needs a change of scenery/different voice. It won't happen for many reasons(Son being one of them) but I reckon Conte would get way more out of him than what you're currently seeing.

I really don't think that is what he implied.
Yeah, I don't know why he took my post that way but that's not what I was implying. My point was purely in terms of what Conte could do with a player of Rashford's ability, nothing to do with Son whose mentality has never been in question and has been playing at this level for 2-3 seasons now.

The main difference I see between the two are that one is in great form while the other is in a rut and Son has a clear drive to keep making those runs and making the most of his ability, whereas Rashford seems to be more focused on scoring PR points rather than goals. Son's positive attitude on and off the pitch are infectious as well, you could argue the same for Rashford but at the other end of the spectrum.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, I don't know why he took my post that way but that's not what I was implying. My point was purely in terms of what Conte could do with a player of Rashford's ability, nothing to do with Son whose mentality has never been in question and has been playing at this level for 2-3 seasons now.
There is also a chance that Conte can't stand Rashford's mentality, attitude, and work rate on the field, and want to kick him out right away.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It has to be said even as a Tottenham fan for how incredible Sonny can be he is one of the streakiest footballers I have ever watched.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No, I'm not steaming :lol:

It's easy to feel incredulous at my statement when Son is in his peak and best form of his life, whilst Rashford is probably in the worst form of his but lest we forget that Son is 5.5 years older than Rashford. Son wasn't the player he is now when he was 24 and if you look at their respective records up to that age then they're not too dissimilar(perhaps skewed by Rashford switching between LW and ST). Having seen every single minute Son has played for Spurs and plenty of Rashford I can honestly say that in terms of sheer ability there's really not that much between them at all. Son doesn't actually have many strings to his bow, in 80% of the game he's in fact decidedly very average, thankfully for us though he's among the elite in the other, arguably most important, 20%. Technically and physically/athletically there isn't much between them, @Scroto Baggins makes a good point about Son being better off his weaker foot which makes him a dual-threat in certain situations but I'd also say Rashford's first touch, quick link-up play and close-quarter dribbling are all better than Son's - who can often look like he's trying to control an air-hockey puck.

I did qualify my statement with the suggestion that Rashford doesn't appear to have Son's mentality, a facet which is necessary for talent to flourish on a consistent basis. Maybe Rashford has just totally lost his focus and drive, or maybe he needs a change of scenery/different voice. It won't happen for many reasons(Son being one of them) but I reckon Conte would get way more out of him than what you're currently seeing.

The main difference I see between the two are that one is in great form while the other is in a rut and Son has a clear drive to keep making those runs and making the most of his ability, whereas Rashford seems to be more focused on scoring PR points rather than goals. Son's positive attitude on and off the pitch are infectious as well, you could argue the same for Rashford but at the other end of the spectrum.
There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.