Son v Mane

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If you had to pick one who do you go for?

marktan

Mane and by some margin. Son is great but he can go missing without space to play into, whereas Mane is consistently excellent and imo a little underrated in terms of how good his level is.

Teja

Mane is unbelievable, easily him. Son is very good but he's scoring those goals because the whole point of the entire spurs team seems to be to play him in.

Web of Bissaka

I like Son more so personally Son.

Realistically...
If my team is just too shit with low quality of players, then realistically Mane to immediately improve the quality of team strength because he tends to be more consistent and dynamic in team play. Son can be streaky, in form.

If my team is already too strong, or have enough players for stability of performances, then realistically Son to bring in the "key difference maker" factor to win us games. Mane can also bring that yes, but I felt Son is a much better difference maker.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
It's very close between both of them IMO and they seem to have the same strengths (fast, technically gifted, versatile, hard working defensively). Mané's a bit stronger physically, and i think Son's the slightly better goal scorer of the 2.
But you can't go wrong with either of them IMO.

RUCK4444

Mane. He’s heavily involved almost every game, I think he’s more dangerous than Salah for the scousers.

Son is great but is more of a moments player. Match winner though.

Walters_19_MuFc

Both great. What wins it for me is Mane's work off the ball and overall play, but in terms of attacking input, they're pretty much on par.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
For what club? Probably Son for Everton. Him and Richarlison either side of DCL would be sexy.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Definitely Mane. Though it has to be said that Mane benefits from playing under Klopp, who makes a lot of attacking players look great. Would be interesting to see how Son would do at Liverpool since he seems the perfect player for their system.

Falcow

Surprised at the Mane votes here, I'd take Son any day of the week, far more talented player. As poster above says, Mane benefits hugely from playing under Klopp. See Jota who scored about 5 goals a season for wolves.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Mane. Son is a very good player, but Mane is a lot more explosive.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Mane; hes much better in a phone booth, also his aerial game is extremely underrated

Cloud7

Mane. He’s more explosive than Son and I love me an explosive player

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
On current form, Son. Over the course of their careers, Mane.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Always expect Son to be a few years younger than Mane.

Mane based on the last few seasons. Good chance Son surpasses him after this one however.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Son is quality.
But mane is ridiculously good in nearly every aspect of the game he needs to be.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Mané is levels ahead of Son who’s only just starting to find some consistency and he can blow hot or cold.

Mané is top 3 of the best left wingers in Europe. Honestly can’t think of anyone better than him right now. Hazard has declined and I’m unsure if he’ll ever get back to his best. I might even take Mané over Ronaldo.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Mane is more inventive than Son and therefore more likely to make something happen. He's not easy to bully whereas Son has more games where he gets shut down completely.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s relatively close between them, but Mane. Still, Mane has only 4 goals this season, and hasn’t scored or assisted in his last 5 matches.

Salah is levels ahead of both, though.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
It’s relatively close between them, but Mane. Still, Mane has only 4 goals this season, and hasn’t scored or assisted in his last 5 matches.

Salah is levels ahead of both, though.
He contracted covid.

I think we’re really underestimating how much covid affects athletes’ performance.

Fussball13251

Son is a good player, but Mane is far better coverall. Kane is better than Son. It's Kane's vision that makes stuff happen. Watch the games more closely: /watch?v=dY5pFEIf9AQ&t=26s

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Imagine Son in the liverpool team. Eugh
Wouldn't start though. Son is a great player and I'd love him at United but he's not on Mane's level - we need to stop with this short termism because Spurs have had a decent start. One is arguably the best in his position in the world over the last few years whilst Son is in the bracket below that.

Name a more complete wide attacker than Mane - defensively he's an animal, he's just as rapid and athletic as Son and he's scored 20+ goals in the PL/CL for the last 3 seasons.

Now imagine Kane flanked by Mane & Salah. That is a truly sickening thought.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
As a wide forward, Mane pretty comfortably. If I need one to fill in as striker, then I'd take Son.

In an ideal world, you'd have both in the same team. Liverpool with Son in place of Firmino would be a frightening prospect.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Son is a good player, but Mane is far better coverall. Kane is better than Son. It's Kane's vision that makes stuff happen. Watch the games more closely: /watch?v=dY5pFEIf9AQ&t=26s
Son is Spurs best player

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Mane. Son has been great this season but Mane has been much more consistent over last 4 years.

Mane has better of the ball movement, Son has a better touch. But Mane is very strong aerially and shows up in most big games. He was the best player of Liverpool last season.

Needham

Mané is levels ahead of Son who’s only just starting to find some consistency and he can blow hot or cold.
Mané is top 3 of the best left wingers in Europe. Honestly can’t think of anyone better than him right now. Hazard has declined and I’m unsure if he’ll ever get back to his best. I might even take Mané over Ronaldo.
Son's got 98 goals in 171 appearances spread just about evenly over 5 and a bit seasons. That's consistency and not recent. Mane nowhere near levels ahead of him though he might be better technically. I'd take Son at OT on a hunch that he would have killed himself trying to make it work here, unlike -has to be said- Martial.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’m obviously going to say Mane but I’d love Son at Liverpool. I think he’s the sort of player Klopp would love to have.

Mane is always a threat though. He never goes missing like Salah can in games.