Sorry, but why is Rashford rated here? (Read the context)

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Xenophobes like you and @Nou_Camp99 are what gives our fans a bad name.
Nah, they're spot on. I'm not a United fan but I'm English and Rashford has become my favourite player because of his actions in the past year or so. And I know I'm not the only England based non-United fan who has so much love for Rashford.

It's actually embarrassing that people like me are more protective of Rashford than genuine United fans. I think location plays a pretty big part in that.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Man is a home made boy. Full of indecisions at times, recently was told he was playing with injuries for a long time. Add in a covid ravaged season and euro by the end of it. Next season going to start in soon as well. This thread ia going to go haywire real soon.

padzilla

Hipster
If we don't rate Marcus Rashford, a local kid who has scored 88 goals for Manchester United by the age of 23, who do we rate?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldo and Messi have completely destroyed what a good season means in terms of numbers.

Compare his numbers from a season where he had injury and players had no time time to recover against most players' best ever seasons, and you'd see how good Rashford has been in terms of output. The numbers Rashford had this season were reached by Hazard once in his career, haven't been reached by Neymar in the last 3 years and are better than Salah.

Had he been taking pens for us, it'd have been a ridiculous season where he'd have gotten something like 45-48 odd goals, and could have broken Denis Law's 46 goal season record

PlayernPG+AComments
Rashford
32​
Sancho
32​
Salah
30​
KdB (19/20)
34​
Best season for City
Hazard (18/19)
32​
Best season for Chelsea
Son
34​
Mane (19/20)
29​
Best season for Pool
Neymar (17/18)
40​
Best season for PSG
Sterling (18/19)
39​
Best season for City

There are things he can still improve on, but it's not the best discussion where people are questioning whether he should be rated or not.

OL29

Nah, they're spot on. I'm not a United fan but I'm English and Rashford has become my favourite player because of his actions in the past year or so. And I know I'm not the only England based non-United fan who has so much love for Rashford.

It's actually embarrassing that people like me are more protective of Rashford than genuine United fans. I think location plays a pretty big part in that.
You do realise that plenty of his detractors are English right?
United has always been a multi cultural and diverse club. Those who insult our foreign fans show a complete disregard for the club’s values, and I’d argue it’s these people who aren’t proper fans.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah sure, the newbies are the main problem of the forum.

A full member in a previous post suggested that if someone doesn't rate Rashford is racist or others claim if we don't rate Ole we aren't truly United supporters. Pathetic posts, pathetic posters (not newbies mind you)
Not suggesting it’s all newbies and only newbies. Unfortunately you have a lot of newbies coming in talking utter dross or even pretending to be united fans just to post nonsense.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ronaldo and Messi have completely destroyed what a good season means in terms of numbers.

Compare his numbers from a season where he had injury and players had no time time to recover against most players' best ever seasons, and you'd see how good Rashford has been in terms of output. The numbers Rashford had this season were reached by Hazard once in his career, haven't been reached by Neymar in the last 3 years and are better than Salah.

Had he been taking pens for us, it'd have been a ridiculous season where he'd have gotten something like 45-48 odd goals, and could have broken Denis Law's 46 goal season record

PlayernPG+AComments
Rashford
32​
Sancho
32​
Salah
30​
KdB (19/20)
34​
Best season for City
Hazard (18/19)
32​
Best season for Chelsea
Son
34​
Mane (19/20)
29​
Best season for Pool
Neymar (17/18)
40​
Best season for PSG
Sterling (18/19)
39​
Best season for City

There are things he can still improve on, but it's not the best discussion where people are questioning whether he should be rated or not.
Watch how the detractors completely ignore this post and still continue to post garbage. Apart from the last two months, he had a pretty terrific season but shockingly it's been all forgotten. It's genuinely the case of him rattling quite a lot of right wingers or tory supporters with his stance which has contributed to this type of abuse. This thread title is also quite garbage.

Roy'sMagicHat

I’m an Irish United fan. Unlike the VAST majority in this country, I would have had no problem with England winning on Sunday. Sadly, it’s Ireland’s biggest result in a while due to the hatred of all things England coupled with the fact that Luxembourg are better than us these days!

After the final, I received WhatsApp messages in groups from United fans slagging off Rashford and Sancho. Some were racist. I’ve replied to these messages by telling the senders to never talk to me about United again because I know the same guys will be sending ‘RASHY’ messages when he next scores in a red shirt.

The Irish have been an embarrassment, nigh on street parties on Sunday night but the English club jerseys on again now!!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
United has always been a multi cultural and diverse club. Those who insult our foreign fans show a complete disregard for the club’s values, and I’d argue it’s these people who aren’t proper fans.
Don't bother, they are clearly trying to find scapegoats and their conclusion say more about themselves than anything else.

OL29

Don't bother, they are clearly trying to find scapegoats and their conclusion say more about themselves than anything else.
You’re right, I just find the disregard for foreign fans from some on here to be very telling, and ironic given that we’re all posting on a forum in which some of the greatest contributors are non English fans. I’d wager that the ones spouting that nonsense don’t really know a lot about the club because if they did the my wouldn’t be so dismissive.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Actually it's hilarious that @Nou_Camp99 posted that when he can't stop shitting on Pogba, AWB. One is our academy player and other is English player. Maybe selective criteria, who can be criticized and who shouldn't be.

Tribec

I was going to try and read through the whole thread before passing comment, but got down to the end of the first page and couldn't stomach it. As has been said he's played through injuries for some time this year, he's not had a proper rest for ages and that has caught up with him. It's obviously effected his form and his confidence a bit. I'm glad he really only played a bit part in the Euro's as whilst he's had to train and had some game time, it's probably not equated to anymore than 90 minutes since the end of May. What needs to happen now is for his injuries to be assessed, if he needs surgery the go get it done, if not let him go and rest for at least 3 or 4 weeks and then we'll see where he's at.

I saw comparrisons with Rooney on the first page and on here stats in relation to some of the games biggest stars on this page. I don't think he's up on the top table when it comes to the worlds best forward, but he's certainly on the second table. I know this point has no meaning in many respects, but he's come through our ranks and consistantly scored and produced for the club, tell the last United forward we developed who has done that?

JPRouve

Scout
You’re right, I just find the disregard for foreign fans from some on here to be very telling, and ironic given that we’re all posting on a forum in which some of the greatest contributors are non English fans. I’d wager that the ones spouting that nonsense don’t really know a lot about the club because if they did the my wouldn’t be so dismissive.
The irony of his statement is that for many foreign fans, supporting United was a solitary decision sometimes made as a kid that is unlikely to be altered. i wouldn't surprised if most fans didn't know how successful United were and simply loved what they saw on the field and also loved particular players.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
By bumping a thread it is automatically done with negative intention(s)?
No, but if you bump a thread with an eyeroll and no text, it seems to me you're saying "I told u so", ie Rashford is overrated or you just want to stir up drama. Either way, you reek of WUM.

Thanks. I'm really offended by this "foreign United fans hate Rashford" notion, when it's so blatantly false. Just go on Twitter and see that it's right wing British pundits attacking him. Or read his socials comments and see that the vitriol is spewed by the Daily Mail audience. Lot of foreign United fans among either of those demographics :rolleyes:

Also do the people pushing this idea realise that a lot of foreign Utd fans are non-white or of colour?

It's ironic that by trivializing the English attacks on Rashford, they're undermining his message. Why bother changing anything if it doesn't exist?

big rons sovereign

I don’t like that so many newbies come in and derail threads like that plonker on this page saying rashford is finished. With newbies they could be anyone in the WUM.
Bit unfair that, there's plenty of full timers derailing threads.
Just look at the state of the ole threads.

dinostar77

Personally in light of all the disgusting abuse that Rashford has been receiving on social media (across the spectrum), i think it would be a nice gesture from the moderators of this site to lock for a week any threads criticising rashford as a show of support and solidarity for one of our own players.

Anyone posting xenophobic and racist comments should be banned.

OL29

No, but if you bump a thread with an eyeroll and no text, it seems to me you're saying "I told u so", ie Rashford is overrated or you just want to stir up drama. Either way, you reek of WUM.

Thanks. I'm really offended by this "foreign United fans hate Rashford" notion, when it's so blatantly false. Just go on Twitter and see that it's right wing British pundits attacking him. Or read his socials comments and see that the vitriol is spewed by the Daily Mail audience. Lot of foreign United fans among either of those demographics :rolleyes:

Also do the people pushing this idea realise that a lot of foreign Utd fans are non-white or of colour?

It's ironic that by trivializing the English attacks on Rashford, they're undermining his message. Why bother changing anything if it doesn't exist?
It’s ironic because this season alone, I’ve seen @Nou_Camp99 blame criticism of Rashford on Tories, Martial FC and now foreign fans. Seems he can’t make his mind up. If he bothered to actually read these threads, he’d see that a lot of the people defending Rashford are foreign, but let’s not let facts get in the way of a xenephobic rant.

passing-wind

I heavily criticised Rashford in the past but he's output has been an integral contribution to the success of consistent seasons.

He's a great player, he's showed more promise then most inside forwards for his age. Performances aren't always the most glamorous but neither is Bruno's and look how important he has been to the team. The only people who seem to slag him off are deluded United fans, every rival fan vie conversed with has rated him from City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

If Rashford went up for sale today the elite clubs of World football would be queuing for his signature, he's united through and through he deserves more support.

DiMaria

Why are people now discussing whether Rashford is quality or not? Just because he missed a penalty? Who doesn’t! See mbappe and others. If anything, in my opinion part of the reason England didn’t win it all was not giving Rashford much time on the pitch. Especially in extra time. Not sure if an injury had to do with it or what exactly but if he’s there and on the bench he should come on because he can be a difference maker. He is more suited to be a LW instead of a striker, and for us he did good for the majority of last season until he tired towards the end. Rest now and work on being fully fit and healthy, and as long as you have that same right attitude you’ve always had, you will continue to be a top class player for United for years to come.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I'd be very happy with that, but want him to be involved off the ball more (both defensively and in the build-up play).
Yeah definitely. Would be happy to see his numbers as they are if he offered more outside it. I believe he can.

arthurka

PlayernPG+AComments
Rashford
32​
Sancho
32​
Salah
30​
KdB (19/20)
34​
Best season for City
Hazard (18/19)
32​
Best season for Chelsea
Son
34​
Mane (19/20)
29​
Best season for Pool
Neymar (17/18)
40​
Best season for PSG
Sterling (18/19)
39​
Best season for City

I hate when people use fact to derail the agenda it's so unprofessional. Just joking.

Rashford had pretty much been carrying this team either alone or with a little help from his Portuguese friend. His importance to this team is undeniable. He has been playing through injuries and low self-esteem just to help out his team. That's on Utd not him, we should have at least some players in the squad who could help him carry the load. Sancho is here now and let's see what Rashford becomes. But not rating Rashford is ridiculous.

@anant great post.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I'm not his biggest fan because of is inconsistency. the lad was carrying injuries all season and yet he was still one of our best players.
He has the potential to be a great player he needs to be consistent (take easy chances, be less selfish and that)...he also needs some rest and some time in a physio room to get fixed (back, shoulders...)

I don't get the hatred gets (perfomance based) at the same time i don't buy into the "local lad, social Justice warrior" agenda.

RUCK4444

Can’t believe this nonsense thread is still not locked when he’s getting enough vile abuse online already.

Surely he has a player performance thread to discuss his ability.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That's because the moderating has gotten amazingly lax. Posters are continuously allowed to post shite. It's gotten just like twitter, the abuse given to our players and ex-players is just unbelievable here.
Totally agree!

The hate/dislike some posters show for both our players and United as a club is crazy.

anant

I don’t know but I think you'll tell me?
Once 17/18 season.

40 nPG+A will probably mean you're one of the favourites for BdO. And I think, no one's saying he is that level yet. Although, I do believe he can become that level. Just needs to focus on getting more untidy goals

Oldyella

I hate when people use fact to derail the agenda it's so unprofessional. Just joking.

Rashford had pretty much been carrying this team either alone or with a little help from his Portuguese friend. His importance to this team is undeniable. He has been playing through injuries and low self-esteem just to help out his team. That's on Utd not him, we should have at least some players in the squad who could help him carry the load. Sancho is here now and let's see what Rashford becomes. But not rating Rashford is ridiculous.

@anant great post.
There's a reason Ole kept playing Rashford and Bruno even when they looked injured/exhausted. They were the two players who were likely to come up with something to earn us results all season. Hopefully he gets the surgery he needs and comes back fit. Excited to see what he can do when we have a functional right wing helping carry the burden.

johanovic

Rashford is a product of the United youth system and a remarkable young man that has not forgotten his roots. His fight for the school meals program showed a footballer that has probably done more for young poor kids in the UK than any footballer has ever done.

As a footballer Rashford has clearly been carrying a injury but still here are his stats for Man Utd.
Total games on every level: 285 games
Goals: 93 goals
Assists: 56 assists

How can any idiot claim that this young man is not good enough is pathetic. This young man at the age of 23 has already given a lot and has a quite a bit of time to give us more. Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay from youth teams have been better for United than most of the guy´s bought here for large sums of money over that last years. For me the United way is to produce young gifted players and we are lucky that once again we have a manager that is willing to give them a chance.

BlackBen

I can’t believe for the life of me that this thread exists and I can’t also believe that it hasn’t been locked yet. Shameful thread created to spew vitriolic comments at a young outstanding academy graduate who’s form has clearly suffered from being overplayed and a shoulder injury.

Rashford’s output has been very good as pointed out by another poster. Yes there are things he will need to improve on but which 23 year old footballer is complete?

So called United fans who can’t wait for a little mistake to jump on the back of Rashford. There’s justified criticism and then there’s this. Take a good look at yourselves.

Tomuś

Once 17/18 season.

40 nPG+A will probably mean you're one of the favourites for BdO. And I think, no one's saying he is that level yet. Although, I do believe he can become that level. Just needs to focus on getting more untidy goals
Isn't Salah of 17/18 season the level we should fight for given we want pl titles?

Tomuś

It's all debatable anyway. We may well spread the goals this year across 5 players and nobody will get those numbers.

I was just answering a separate question what level do I think Rashford can reach.

United in sin

That's because the moderating has gotten amazingly lax. Posters are continuously allowed to post shite. It's gotten just like twitter, the abuse given to our players and ex-players is just unbelievable here.
Were you a mod yourself at some point?

Edit: Your addressed that to another poster and I didn't see it before my post

anant

Isn't Salah of 17/18 season the level we should fight for given we want pl titles?
True, but isn't Salah a legit WC player? A goal scoring wide player? And Rashford's numbers are similar to his.

Every top side wants to win the league, but you need to have a side with more number of bigger players - right now, we dont have a striker who can get 30 goals a season. Greenwood is too young to have those expectations from him as well

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Lock this farcical trainwreck of a thread.

Some of the posts are quite simply embarrasing.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Feel for OP. Regulars know when this was made and why - a reference to his rather lacklustre, by his standards, second half of the season (injuries, overplaying, etc).

Everybody else is context-less, living in an ever hyper present, attention starved, and probably unable to make decent pasta.

Edit - Should clarify as I'm being quoted a fair bit. Some people come to this forum to make poignant obersvations about football, some come for a whinge and a moan and rant and wail. I'm in the select group who come here to say dumb things that amuse myself and then, once of out every ten tries, amuse others. I'm very keen on Rashford as a player. He's a good egg.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Feel for OP. Regulars know when this was made and why - a reference to his rather lacklustre, by his standards, second half of the season (injuries, overplaying, etc).

Everybody else is context-less, living in an ever hyper present, attention starved, and probably unable to make decent pasta.
But surely the OP is also missing the context for Rashford poor form in the 2nd half of the season.

JPRouve

Scout

The second sentence actually fits the OP perfectly, outside of the pasta part I wouldn't want to be unfair to the OP's cooking skills.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Personally in light of all the disgusting abuse that Rashford has been receiving on social media (across the spectrum), i think it would be a nice gesture from the moderators of this site to lock for a week any threads criticising rashford as a show of support and solidarity for one of our own players.

Anyone posting xenophobic and racist comments should be banned.
What do you think happens to them just now?