Sorry, but why is Rashford rated here? (Read the context)

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Context: (this thread was made after the Europa League final against Villarreal. I am of the opinion that (like other players mentioned in the OP), Rashford lacks a ‘killer mentality’ to make that final push in becoming world class). The word ‘rated’ does not take away that Rashford is a talented player who as a young United fan made his own dreams come true. It also doesn’t take away his goal tally thus far. Its merely a suggestive term used to discuss and formulate a realistic profile of what Rashford is on the scale of talent- class and world class).

OP.
excuse me, another thread I know,..

We talk about Martial and his decline, however cant the same be said about Rasford? Its at times infuriating how often an attacks breaks down because of his decision making or lack thereof.That miss (even though it was offside) just showed (my opinion) that he is class but not world- class. During games like these you relay on your more experienced players. However, he definitely isn’t a striker. Is he a left winger? Could be, but during the important moments either his touch isn’t great, his attempt to do a fancy trick falls short or he misses a sitter. It looks to me like he wants to copy Ronaldo (way of sprinting, holding on the ball etc) in stead of finding his own identity. Id even go as far in saying if we put Elanga on left side he wouldnt do worse then Rashford today.

am I being to harsh here? (Could be the emotions after the final).

also why on earth was Rashford still on the pitch yet Greenwood substituted. After that substitute we didn’t have any player to be a real threat.

PS: just to make sure this isn’t a bash Rashford thread, id also mention Martial and Lindelof as players which I believe arent up to United standards.

Last edited:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
You're being harsh.
Yes he can be frustrating at times but he's a good player that's been overplayed for 2 seasons now despite not being fit and still managed to score goals and make assists.
It's not on him, he should have been subbed by the 60th min.
We desperately need Sancho, not only for our RW but to rotate Rashford more.

Judas

Open to offers
Rashford has been dead most of the season, has been overplayed, and has still provided plenty. He was poor tonight, like most, and it was mental that he played the entire game.

I don't get how much bile is thrown at this lad on here these days.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is local lad, feeds the children etc. Hasn't performed for months. Should have been benched ages ago.

Still very good player, overplayed imo.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The kid has been run into the ground for two years now. He's risking his career. Ideally he'd have a summer off but he won't of course. Hopefully he can delay his start to next season until he's 100% ready.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
His performances have been way too poor for way too long.

He is capable of pulling out wonderful moments, but when he's not, more often than not he's a liability that is detrimental to our team.

At this point I have no idea whether he's injured or not, but he and Ole need to own that and recognise that, whether it's due to injury or whatever, he can't be putting in these dire performances.

My concern is that this is Rashford and we won't see any better than what he's shown.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He'll not start a game for England. Especially if Grealish is fit. He's so average, I feel like banging my head against the wall when I hear people raving about him (mostly opposition who just see highlights).

Nani got dogs abuse for being inconsistent, but he was twice the player Rashford is easily.

BarstoolProphet

He's a good but not great player, has a high ceiling, local lad and a real credit to the club off the pitch. But he's not really good enough to be untouchable. Shame, because I really want him to be the face of the club.

Chairman Steve

If he is legit injured, he should be heading for surgery literally first thing tomorrow morning and binning off the Euros because he has been ‘injured’ half the season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shit performance today, but he's an excellent player in general. Players go through patches of form. It's fine. He'll be fine long term, but he was really bad today.

Anduin

All on Ole tonight, who refuses to sub him or leave him on the bench. Rashford has been crap for ages, he should be nowhere near the starting XI. I don’t care if he carries an injury or scored 20 goals, his defensive work and commitment is not there at all, and a couple of screamers here and there are covering for his generally poor performances. Sick of him after tonight....

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I stand by it, Martial at his best last season is better than anything Rashford can do. He’s simply always been a more talented footballer. Now both have proven they can’t be relied upon anyway, but there’s no way Rashford would be so highly rated if he was not from the academy with a glowing off the pitch presence.

Schmeichel=God

Rashford has been dead most of the season, has been overplayed, and has still provided plenty. He was poor tonight, like most, and it was mental that he played the entire game.

I don't get how much bile is thrown at this lad on here these days.
Yeah. Guilty of dousing the lad in bile. Should really be benched and an impact sub for quite some time now. And therefore his constant usage is on Ole. But we just dont have the quality.

But goddamn, ignoring the 1 trick/manoeuvre out of 10 that potentially advances him upfield, he has been shocking for ages. Again, Ole has to take responsibility for attempting to play someone into, through, out of and back into form again without a moments accountability for Rashford.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His general play has been quite shite this whole season.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Shit performance today, but he's an excellent player in general. Players go through patches of form. It's fine. He'll be fine long term, but he was really bad today.
that is a fair and rational view to have. I just wonder at age 23, he still has to make another step for him to become a more important player. A 23 year old Rooney would have buried that chance (I know its not logical to compare them), but this club would need players of the minimum calibre of a young Rooney (in attack) to make that step again to become champions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
that is a fair and rational view to have. I just wonder at age 23, he still has to make another step for him to become a more important player. A 23 year old Rooney would have buried that chance (I know its not logical to compare them), but this club would need players of the minimum calibre of a young Rooney (in attack) to make that step again to become champions.
He was offside anyway who cares about that chance?

RedDevilzFox

Sleeping it off before posting should be a mandatory requirement after a final loss.

The Purley King

Utter dogshit tonight should have been hooked at half time
Is he actually injured or is he doing some fake hobble around every time he gets the merest touch?

If you are injured stop fecking playing you are doing nobody any favours including yourself
If you aren’t injured......... then oh dear

MU655

He is a talented player, but his form has been poor for a while. I'm not sure why that is, but he doesn't seem to be impacting games much.

Now, if that really is down to injuries that is worrying, because that has been bandied around for over a year. If he has been carrying injuries for over a year, he needs to stop playing before it does long-term damage.

El Jefe

Because he has an army of posters bashing our heads in with his stats after every single game no matter how shite his performance may have been. Rashford has been allowed to do whatever he likes under Ole. He seriously needs competition for his place.

Renegade

Confidence is good, but he moves and acts like someone who thinks they’re better than they actually are. It’s tiring to watch. He’s not good enough to be our 2nd best player.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If you don’t rate Rashford with his volume of goals and assists at his age, there’s not much hope for you.

Ralph1386

Rashford has been carrying an injury and was being run to the ground.

RepardReece

You're being harsh.
Yes he can be frustrating at times but he's a good player that's been overplayed for 2 seasons now despite not being fit and still managed to score goals and make assists.
It's not on him, he should have been subbed by the 60th min.
We desperately need Sancho, not only for our RW but to rotate Rashford more.
Said it in his performances thread, his goal contributions have made his performances look decent this season, when they really are pretty much like it has been tonight.

Rashford has been carrying an injury and was being run to the ground.
If he's not fit, why do the medical staff not say otherwise, why does Ole play him and why doesn't he say otherwise himself? Shoddy excuse.

AaronRedDevil

He seems to have just misplaced his brain somewhere. All he does is run straight into players expecting them to get out of the way. Every single time. He’s a good player but my god, he can be a complete dumbass if things aren’t going his way.

macheda14

The kid has been run into the ground for two years now. He's risking his career. Ideally he'd have a summer off but he won't of course. Hopefully he can delay his start to next season until he's 100% ready.
Last I heard is he’s having surgery after the euros so will be out for a few months. Gives him time to really recuperate.

0le

He is clearly injured. You can tell by the types of runs he makes and compare it to what he was doing before.