Sorry, but why is Rashford rated here? (Read the context)

Born2Lose

He's a very limited footballer which tonight showed again, on the counter his pace and strength are great, but he lacks any intelligence or guile with teams that sit deep.

Greenwood's going to be a much better player than him in a few years if he keeps his head down.

Womp

idiot
Kid has been supposedly injured for 2 years now, he has had ample opportunity to be rested this season but wasn't because this team simply cannot perform without it's best players, which is why they all get ran into the ground. He's still come up with very good output.

Whether or not he feels like he's ready or wants to play, the management should be able to identify when a player needs to fecking rest.

MU655

Makes you wonder.

Grealish is a beast, to be fair. You would want him either way. Only Neymar outmatches him in terms of creativity stats per 90/game (can't remember which) in Europe.

It is one thing I have never understood: why people don't want us to sign Grealish because of Rashford? Grealish would be a monstrous signing.

BlueHaze

Injured or not even a one legged pirate would have scored that sitter he missed tonight. One of the worst missed chances I've ever seen.

Gavinb33

Rashford is the first player to score 20+ goals in back to back seasons since Rooney and we are making threads like this.

Yes he had a poor end to the season but he was great in the 1st part and we knew this season would be fecking hard due to last season finish and this season starting.

Womp

idiot
Which begs the question why start him or have him play a full 120
Same reason Bruno can't get a breather - we have a head coach who is heavily reliant on individual ability. Players like Bruno and Rashford etc. can play shite and still get a goal or assist - invaluable for a manager who can't implement a sustainable system, that elevates the level of the squad

Welbeckham

He’s just been stat-padding all season. He should not start games with the contribution he’s giving, regardless of that’s due to injuries or what, it’s on the manager.

stw2022

Rashford never had a bad game, even if you think he does, because of his assists record.

Even if it’s been a while since he’s scored out got an assist he isn’t poor he’s just playing out of position.

Even if he’s not playing out of position he still hasn’t had a poor game he’s just been carrying a knock.

Even if he isn’t carrying a knock he still isn’t poor as he probably has a lot on his mind.

bsCallout

He's 23. Hes had a pretty poor season. Lots of players have them. He really does need a proper break and rehab this summer though, somehow.

Im glad we didn't give up on players historically after one bad season, especially at such a young age, after playing so much.

I've no doubt he'll be a much better player next season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Last I heard is he’s having surgery after the euros so will be out for a few months. Gives him time to really recuperate.
Yes, and he needs to not be rushed back. He needs to put his career before the short-term benefit of his club and manager.

Jericholyte2

The guy has been needing surgery for 6 months but because of our squad we've not had the chance to even rest him, never mind let him get the op!

Statue of Limitations

Rashford is 23, he is still learning despite the fact that he has been on the scene for years.
People always seem so quick to bash him, they never even bother to acknowledge his good games and goals.

Playing through the pain barrier too and never given a rest.

Some on here even seem giddy when he has a bad game, so happy to have an excuse to chew him out.

Maybe the mix at the club just isn't conducive to his best form, there is an elite level player in there, the right set up would see him string together Harry Kane like seasons in terms of goals.
He is also not an out and out stirker, and does a lot more for the team than that.

As for more competition to spur him on? Maybe, but we have holes in the squad that need filling before we worry about that.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
He was offside anyway who cares about that chance?
remember Welbeck with that attempted chip against Bayern? That was one of many signs that he would never become a world class striker. I had that same moment with Rashford today even though it was offside. The instinct to finish it off wasnt there. Id argue against myself here and state that we all believe Rasford isnt a traditional striker though?

I guess it all comes down to the question what do we expect Rashford to be?

yamo123x

Did anyone just hear his interview on BT? HE spoke passionately about the club, it was a good interview and restores a little of my faith in him, it shows he cares a little....just want to see him show this on the pitch

Dan_F

Injured or not even a one legged pirate would have scored that sitter he missed tonight. One of the worst missed chances I've ever seen.
Calm down. He played badly, but firstly it was offside. Secondly, a shot with a keeper straight in front of you is never one of the worst missed chances. Stop being hyperbolic and have an actual conversation.

He needs some quality coaching to help his decision making for sure. He has all the ability, but hasn’t been able to put it all together in the second half of the season. The way he plays, if he has a bad game, it’s going to look fecking terrible.

Redlyn

I think tonights match is not really indicative. It was his worse performance of the season so it would be harsh to use it to make general statements about him. He looks injured to me.

LazyRed-Ninja

Rashford is the first player to score 20+ goals in back to back seasons since Rooney and we are making threads like this.

Yes he had a poor end to the season but he was great in the 1st part and we knew this season would be fecking hard due to last season finish and this season starting.
that is one of the strange parts here of this entire topic. We know Rashford has the ability to score but consistency is key. Usually he has several attempts at trying to pass a man, a fancy trick or a shot on target. A goal makes up for the failed attempts, however when he doesn’t score you count all the failed attempts and that could lead to discussions like these.

stubie

Because it's either that or McFred with Pogba on the left.
I’d have gone McT, VDB with Pogba on the left with Rashford as sub. But what do I know I’ve only won the same amount of trophies as Ole has as United manager

hobbers

Rashford's been atrocious all of 2021 pretty much.

Doesn't deserve to be going to the Euros based on the last couple of months.

Looks like he's out Martial'd Martial. Hope his shoulder injury is the main reason.

BlueHaze

Calm down. He played badly, but firstly it was offside. Secondly, a shot with a keeper straight in front of you is never one of the worst missed chances. Stop being hyperbolic and have an actual conversation.

He needs some quality coaching to help his decision making for sure. He has all the ability, but hasn’t been able to put it all together in the second half of the season. The way he plays, if he has a bad game, it’s going to look fecking terrible.
I thought it was not offside? If it was then sure, it doesn't really matter but how the hell is it hyperbolic? A forward with a brilliant chance like that not even getting the shot on target?

The Purley King

I like him I think he’ll be a great player but duck me he’s been poor the last few months
It’s on ole mostly but if he needs surgery then just do it ffs
Rashford actively inhibited our performance tonight. He was utterly atrocious
Anyone, even mata with his free bus pass would have been an upgrade
That ole cannot see this is concerning

Kopral Jono

Short answer: because Rashford is English/British and local and all that jazz, we’re a sentimental club after all. He’s a good talent, though, just not world class and I can’t see him becoming one, unlike Greenwood.

Adamsk7

Injured and it doesn’t look like he’s gonna get much chance to have a good season next season either because he’ll play through the Euros then have surgery when we’re due to start preseason. He’ll then have to get up to speed well after our campaign has started.

I honestly think he should have just got it out the way when it was needed but to be fair he has good numbers still and without him we probably wouldn’t have got top 4

RepardReece

He’s always bad, but he puts up decent numbers so people ignore it.
This. You're a wise one. I'm sorry but with Rashford's effort levels, he would've been nowhere near SAF's team.

This injury nonsense is also ridiculous, I'll reiterate the point I've already made - If he has an ongoing injury:
  1. Why he is playing so often?
  2. Why isn't the medical staff examining him and saying he needs a break?
  3. Why does Ole continue to overplay him
  4. Why does Marcus himself not ask Ole to reduce his playing time?

Welbeckham

This season he seems to have no football intelligence whatsoever. He suddenly can’t pass, can’t shoot, can’t cross, can’t dribble. When he gets the ball, he stands still for a while, takes the ball on his right foot and passes it to the box to the foot of the nearest defender. Never goes outside, never uses his left foot, never accelerates inside for a dangerous shot.

Only in few games he has looked like he’s capable of making any right decisions. Burnley and Leipzig at home were some of his better performances, where we saw the player that is hiding in there somewhere.

There is a huge difference in quality between Greenwood and him, even if stats won’t tell you that.

Schneiderman

Did anyone just hear his interview on BT? HE spoke passionately about the club, it was a good interview and restores a little of my faith in him, it shows he cares a little....just want to see him show this on the pitch
Great to hear him speak like that to be fair, if a little awkward. He was close to saying he doesn't care about England when asked about the foot. Needs to feck the Euros off and get fit.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You're being harsh.
Yes he can be frustrating at times but he's a good player that's been overplayed for 2 seasons now despite not being fit and still managed to score goals and make assists.
It's not on him, he should have been subbed by the 60th min.
We desperately need Sancho, not only for our RW but to rotate Rashford more.
Rashford shouldn't have even been playing he's been crap for months.

He's not this world class player people think he is. He's a good player that has become untouchable for some reason. He needed dropping a long time ago and better coaching to improve his areas of weakness

0le

This injury nonsense is also ridiculous, I'll reiterate the point I've already made - If he has an ongoing injury:
  1. Why he is playing so often?
  2. Why isn't the medical staff examining him and saying he needs a break?
  3. Why does Ole continue to overplay him
  4. Why does Marcus himself not ask Ole to reduce his playing time?
1. Because the manager is picking him.
2. Who is to say they aren't saying that already?
4. He wants to play football.

3:
- Ole does not trust his fringe players
- Ole overplays his first team
- Ole "trusts" the judgement of his players.
- Ole is not ruthless enough to drop his star men.

Dan_F

I thought it was not offside? If it was then sure, it doesn't really matter but how the hell is it hyperbolic? A forward with a brilliant chance like that not even getting the shot on target?
One of the worst missed chances you’ve ever seen? The only way that isn’t hyperbolic is if you started watching football in the last year or two. Pretty sure I’ve seen Rashford miss easier chances than that this season :lol:

KrasHammerhand

I truly think we will find out that he is injured, has always put the club first He is a very good player, but being from the Academy and local it does put him in the limelight. He is never going to be a scoring machine, in the likes of Ronaldo or Kane, but will put up solid numbers for as long as he with the club.

RepardReece

1. Because the manager is picking him.
2. Who is to say they aren't saying that already?
4. He wants to play football.

3:
- Ole does not trust his fringe players
- Ole overplays his first team
- Ole "trusts" the judgement of his players.
- Ole is not ruthless enough to drop his star men.
He doesn't look at all like he wants to play football on the pitch. Point three, well, how is Ole a coach if he's burning his players to the ground? He has to have some sense.

He doesn't have this injury, load of rubbish, it's something people on here are making up for an excuse for his shoddy performances. And if he does, well, he's ruining his career by forcing games. Either way, completely ridiculous.

LazyRed-Ninja

This season he seems to have no football intelligence whatsoever. He suddenly can’t pass, can’t shoot, can’t cross, can’t dribble. When he gets the ball, he stands still for a while, takes the ball on his right foot and passes it to the box to the foot of the nearest defender. Never goes outside, never uses his left foot, never accelerates inside for a dangerous shot.

Only in few games he has looked like he’s capable of making any right decisions. Burnley and Leipzig at home were some of his better performances, where we saw the player that is hiding in there somewhere.

There is a huge difference in quality between Greenwood and him, even if stats won’t tell you that.
you can even argue that Greenwoods trajectory is higher then Rashford at his age. Greenwood at age 19 played 65 PL games with 17 goals.Rasford scored a total of 17 goals in his 4th season, (in comparison to) Greenwood who scored 17 goals in total in his first full season.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I don’t think Rashford is in decline nor is he overrated. He deservedly gets a lot of plaudits for the crucial goals he gets to score for us.
For me I just don’t like the Ronaldo clone he is trying to become. I’d rather have him playing RW running at his man and whipping in crosses than that LW he is believe to be better at because he scores from there.
Im just sick of our over reliance on individual magic to team contribution.