Source - Manchester United believe football under Mourinho 'much better'

R300k

T A
Quite sure Glazers doesnt care much about MU display anyway. All is about results, which are titles and the most impotant objective: a place in CL next season. Glazers must be very frustrated if Adidas cut-off term is activated again, it affects directly in stock market and damages their money pocket.

So i think like the last 3 years, Mourinho has no harms as long as MU's chance for CL 17 18 slot still lasts. At the end of this season, if Mourinho cant make it, his fate will be the same of the last 2 precedents even how far flourish our football display has become

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Quite sure Glazers doesnt care much abt MU display anw. All is abt results, which are titles and the most impotant objective: a place in CL next season. Glazers must be very frustrated if Adidas cut-off term is activated again, it affects directly in stock market and damages their money pocket.

So i think like the last 3 yrs, Mourinho has no harms as long as MU's chance for CL 17 18 slot still lasts. At the end of this season, if Mourinho cant make it, his fate will be the same of the last 2 precedent even how far flourish our football display has become
Sponsors want success and won't be happy with the underwhelming results, but I'm pretty sure they must be happier than sponsoring the snoozefest that we were last season. Glazers would care about that, no doubt.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Groundbreaking, absolutely groundbreaking news. Comes across as a timely story to put out there considering United's disappointing results recently.

ghagua

Even without a manager, the team could have served up better stuff than the shite they were forced to produce last year.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Great to hear. The club is supporting him, and that's all that counts.

Pavl3n

Boys,

Let's face it. Half of you were winning last season when we couldn't sum a shot on target in our first halves. People were saying "I'd rather watch us play attacking entertaining football and draw/lose than watch this spineless team"

Well there you go. Exactly what you and me have asked for.
I see the team playing well, really well. And I know comes December fixture list, we will start playing for the entire 90 min (not switch off for the first and last 5min of the game) and the team will click properly.
As much as I was against Mourinho's appointment, I am happy with the way the team is playing. I just hope that dab machine Pogba is starts thinking about the better of the team and not so much about his own performances .

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
What an obvious PR piece.

The BlackGaijin

At least we have that going for us. Unrelated, 'much better ' is what girls also say about my performance when I do it sober.

VanGaalEra

From Ducker in the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...y-encouraged-teams-improving-style-play-jose/

Jose Mourinho retains the steadfast support and patience of Manchester United’s hierarchy, who have been “encouraged” by the team’s improving style of play, despite worsening results consigning the club to their poorest start to a season for 26 years.

The Daily Telegraph understands that United’s powerbrokers firmly share Mourinho’s view that the Premier League table, in which the club lie sixth, 13 points adrift of leaders Chelsea and nine behind fourth-placed Manchester City, does not offer an accurate reflection of the progress being made in performance terms.

The dull, risk averse brand of football United were widely accused of playing under Mourinho’s predecessor, Louis van Gaal, was as much a factor in the Dutchman’s dismissal in May after two seasons in charge as the club’s failure to qualify for this season’s Champions League. Van Gaal’s reign was said to have “clearly run its course”, even though United finished the campaign by winning the FA Cup.

But Mourinho’s paymasters believe the former Chelsea manager is presiding over a marked uplift in performance terms, even if a run of just two wins from the past 11 league matches has already left the club facing a battle to finish in the top four, and are confident results will improve as a consequence.

“The club have been encouraged by what they’re seeing in performance terms,” a source said. “There’s confidence results will improve as that performance level continues to improve.”

Mourinho suggested last week that results might have been better at this stage had he stuck with Van Gaal’s way of playing but said he was determined to honour United’s traditions of attacking football and that effectively having to recondition players had put him at a disadvantage. It is thought there is sympathy among United’s hierarchy with that viewpoint.

Mourinho spent almost £150 million in the transfer window last summer, when he smashed the world transfer record to sign France midfielder, Paul Pogba, from Juventus for £89 million, but he is expected to be backed again in the market next year. The Portuguese believes some of the signings in recent years have not been of the required standard and will only bring in recruits next month if players of the sufficient quality are available. United have taken steps to drastically improve their scouting operation, at first team level as well as academy level, by embarking on a huge recruiting drive over the past year.

United’s 1-1 draw away to Everton on Sunday was their third by that scoreline in succession and has increased the pressure ahead of the visit of Spurs to Old Trafford on Sunday, when defeat would leave United trailing Mauricio Pochettino’s fifth placed side by nine points.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who believes United have not got their just rewards for some strong performances in recent weeks, invited scrutiny after catching Everton defender Seamus Coleman on the head with his foot as they fell to the ground during a challenge. But Ibrahimovic denied that he had intentionally allowed his boot to hit Coleman. “It was a physical game. They played hard,” he said. “I heard one of the commentators say I kicked someone in the head on purpose, but it was a 50-50 duel and he pulled me down. Trust me, if I want to kick someone in the head, I know how to kick someone in the head and make him fall asleep. That is the only thing I have to say.”

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Glad to hear a vote of confidence from the board. The football's been WAY better and more enjoyable to watch.

Ibrahimovich is so desperately 'big time' it actually starts to come across as quite insecure after a while.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Whether people like it or not. Sacking another manager and starting the whole process again, is the worst thing this club can do.
I am saying this as someone who did not want Mourinho in the first place, I wanted us to keep LVG.
But I have been very encouraged by performances in the last two months.
Glad the board feel the same.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't care why the board is doing this, but for sure, it's the right thing to do. And yes, to sack him seems counterproductive, expensive etc - even if we don't get top four. As long as we're not in the relegation zone, I can live without top four if we keep improving our play, and for sure we are. Just need the mentality to change, and hopefully the support from the board will ease the pressure a tiny bit.

Treble

I don't care why the board is doing this, but for sure, it's the right thing to do. And yes, to sack him seems counterproductive, expensive etc - even if we don't get top four. As long as we're not in the relegation zone, I can live without top four if we keep improving our play, and for sure we are. Just need the mentality to change, and hopefully the support from the board will ease the pressure a tiny bit.
Very true. But I'm not sure that we're improving our play since the start of the season. One of our best performances so far came vs Soton in August. Have we had a better performance since then? Arguably vs Arsenal but I'm not sure. We looked good vs City in the second half and our best half of football so far was the first half vs Liverpool 6-7 weeks ago. The notion that we are improving is grounded mostly on games vs poor teams like Burnley, Swansea, Wham, Feyenoord, etc. And when we play more solid teams, we look a bit average again. For instance, the game vs Everton was even, they created good chances and DDG had to show his class, unlike Everton's keeper who hardly made a save. Spurs at home will be instructive if we make real progress or it is games vs poor teams that create that feelong.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Whether people like it or not. Sacking another manager and starting the whole process again, is the worst thing this club can do.
I am saying this as someone who did not want Mourinho in the first place, I wanted us to keep LVG.
But I have been very encouraged by performances in the last two months.
Glad the board feel the same.
Its mental that people are suggesting it after 5 months. Coaching takes time, it's clearly working, the results will come in time.

lewwoo

It will click in to place soon. Nice run of very winnable games coming up now over xmas and that will give us confidence to kick on. Top 4 is still very possible.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Quite sure Glazers doesnt care much about MU display anyway. All is about results, which are titles and the most impotant objective: a place in CL next season. Glazers must be very frustrated if Adidas cut-off term is activated again, it affects directly in stock market and damages their money pocket.

So i think like the last 3 years, Mourinho has no harms as long as MU's chance for CL 17 18 slot still lasts. At the end of this season, if Mourinho cant make it, his fate will be the same of the last 2 precedents even how far flourish our football display has become
I disagree! He'll be here whether we make top 4 or not. The progress is obvious, just a case of getting some winning momentum, but a difficult start can be hard to overcome.

Mourinho has the respect and credentials.

soapythecat

It's plainly obvious to anyone who has watched us this season, that we are playing much better football. I'm just surprised there are so many Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime on here questioning Jose and suggesting he should be sacked.
.....maybe I'm not surprised.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People are just frustrated which is fair enough, they see Conte and Pep walk into our rivals and improve in a matter of weeks.

We are a lot more damaged though, City just had Pellegrini who was clueless and Chelsea who only play when they felt like it. Take Hazard and Costa out of that team and they'll be back to what they were last year.

Jose has made steady progress with us. We've gone from having even games at home to the likes of Southampton, Burnley, Stoke etc to pulvarising them, we are just missing the final touches. That can't be put down to coaching, that's players not doing there jobs pure and simple.

PeteManic

Where do these stories come from? Internet has destroyed journalism with everyone looking for daily updates that guarantee clicks. Yawn.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Very glad. Mourinho is the only one capable of taking us to the top.

pacifictheme

Great to hear. The club is supporting him, and that's all that counts.
Agree. plus performances are better, which is a good start.

If you're winning but playing shit you know it won't last. if you're not winning but playing well.... you know the results will come.