Southampton vs Manchester United (11.05.2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

Half arsed performance in the first half. Second half it was the Mata goal that changed everything.

To be fair, most of the players were either thinking about the WC or their futures at the club.

stu_1992

Well at least it got better in second half. Very nice free-kick by Mata. Only other positive is that Liverpool didn't win the league, but that's barely a positive when it's City winning instead. Faster we can put this season to bed, the better.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You honestly beleive they are good enough to be on our bench right now? ONE injury and we will be playing pur youngsters, suicidal. Rooney is not a number 10 and you need cover in positions with players that can actually play there!!!!!! I give up.
I've watched some great no 10s in my time who were much better then Kagawa. Del Piero, Savicevic, Roberto Baggio, Di Canio etc. Every time a club had 2 quality no 10 one ended up leaving. We're talking about teams who are much stronger than what we currently have.

Rooney has impressed me as no 10 (at OT) more then Kagawa. Honestly I have yet to be impressed by Kagawa at OT in the first place.

northbynorthwest

I've watched some great no 10s in my time who were much better then Kagawa. Del Piero, Savicevic, Roberto Baggio, Di Canio etc. Every time a club had 2 quality no 10 one ended up leaving. We're talking about teams who are much stronger than what we currently have.

Rooney has impressed me as no 10 (at OT) more then Kagawa. Honestly I have yet to be impressed by Kagawa at OT in the first place.
I agree. He has been given the chances. He cant do it. I would love for him to achieve. But you cant deny the facts. Severely lacks pace.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I agree. He has been given the chances. He cant do it. I would love for him to achieve. But you cant deny the facts. Severely lacks pace.
Mind I do believe that Kagawa is a good player but we simply dont need two quality no 10s. Fantasistas tend to rely on confidence to be honest. If they feel that they aren't first team choice then they start losing that confidence and become a bit meah. I've seen that happening so many times with players who were much better then Kagawa (Di Canio at Juve, Baggio at Milan etc)

I would have loved that Kagawa could play in another position but he simply cant. He's average on the flank and he's unwatchable in CM. We really dont need the guy.

northbynorthwest

Mind I do believe that Kagawa is a good player but we simply dont need two quality no 10s. Fantasistas tend to rely on confidence to be honest. If they feel that they aren't first team choice then they start losing that confidence and become a bit meah. I've seen that happening so many times with players who were much better then Kagawa (Di Canio at Juve, Baggio at Milan etc)

I would have loved that Kagawa could play in another position but he simply cant. He's average on the flank and he's unwatchable in CM. We really dont need the guy.
Trade with reus or another player me thinks

Gannicus

Rooneys not our best player
Apart from De Gea, Rooney is in fact our best player. He drives us nuts with his ransom demands and he does go on old cold streaks, but he is indeed our best player and we always look shit without him, as we did again today.

A few years ago we might have argued Vidic, but that's obviously no longer the case. You could argue Mata, but in truth you can't. There is van Persie, but Roo is a much more dominant presence and is an equally likely threat to score.

Please, do tell.

Loublaze

ATLien
Apart from De Gea, Rooney is in fact our best player. He drives us nuts with his ransom demands and he does go on old cold streaks, but he is indeed our best player and we always look shit without him, as we did again today.

A few years ago we might have argued Vidic, but that's obviously no longer the case. You could argue Mata, but in truth you can't. There is van Persie, but Roo is a much more dominant presence and is an equally likely threat to score.

Please, do tell.
He's one of our best contributers ill give you that. Type of player that can have a shit game but score or make an assist. His performances have gone down since 2010. Never had a truly world class season since his 31 league goals haul in 09. Cant take on players anymore, lost pace and ezplosiveness, not even a freekick threat as much as he used to be, short passing game has gone to shit, hardly a play maker...just pumps cross field balls out right to Valencia and people say hes a good number 10. Contribution wise still valubale, best player though? No

Status
Not open for further replies.