Southgate eyed for the United job - Telegraph

Prodigy24

Nothing against Southgate, he's done great with the national team, but he has no business managing a club like United. Much rather have Ole instead if we can't get our number one target.

Ban

God no.

I hope it's all bollocks and I so hope Pochettino is not our only choice cause there's a big chance that wont go through.

RORY65

I'm fairly sure that this won't happen, partially because he's on to a good thing with England, but it's not a surprise that he's under consideration given that our process for appointing previous managers seems to have largely just been people that Ed Woodward has heard of with no regard given to whether they were the right fit. I suspect it will be Ole now because I don't think that we're going to get Pochettino.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I refuse to believe he’s a consideration. He’s doing okay with England but that’s it. He was handed an easy route to a World Cup semi final and then choked in it against a mediocre Croatian team that he beat months later.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Click bait. Nothing else.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He’d be a good candidate IMO though I am not sure why he’d leave England at this moment in time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’d be a good candidate IMO though I am not sure why he’d leave England at this moment in time.
Manchester is in England mate.

Bleddy OOT fans.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
:lol:

Gareth should just stay with England, got a good thing going there.

Club football would just eat him up tbh, would be similar to Lopetegui.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I like him a lot, and he's boyhood United fan, but still no. I'd rather stick with OGS as of now.

That could change when we see how we do in tougher fixtures, but I still don't think I'd lean towards Southgate.

Bojan11

No thanks. Easiest draw England had for a long time in a World Cup and he’s made to look like a messiah. The attacking football was abysmal at the World Cup. It was Tony Pulis type dedication to set pieces that got us through.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I like him a lot, and he's boyhood United fan, but still no. I'd rather stick with OGS as of now.

That could change when we see how we do in tougher fixtures, but I still don't think I'd lean towards Southgate.
Do you honestly believe that whoever we get in is going to win all of our tough fixtures?

GeorgieBoy

Anti-English bitterness out in full force again...

But yeah don't think he's right for the role here. Would also he rather stayed with England.