Southgate replacing ETH? Yes or No?

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Can you imagine.

Manchester derby, City playing free flowing football, Pep screaming for more, the United players looking to the touch line for some guidance and they see.......Gareth Southgate. Standing there absolutly clueless.

Just when you think, things couldnt get worse.
I think a fairer test is would you fancy us with our current squad and say and Lisandro, a decent new DM and CB against Villa or Spurs (with say 2 new starters each) with the new manager? And no, no I wouldn’t.

If England had Emery to navigate the tough games I think they’d be my co-favorites with France, instead of a team I’ll probably bet against at some point.

Robbie Boy

Yeah that fecker Mcateer was at it on Sunday,you could see the utter joy on his face announcing it out on BEIN Sports
That was hilarious. As if that gobshite, of all people, would be privy to any information of that nature.

Robocrap

No! Rather Keep Ten Hag even though I think that the job is too big for Ten Hag it would be even less suitable for Southgate.

Last edited:

Bondi77

Hasn't this already been answered!!!
Feck me....how many threads does there have to be about the same fecking topic??

Yakuza_devils

Leave him alone. England need him.

Not in my wildest dream we would be considering Southgate as a manager. For my own sanity, I take this as medias clickbait.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I thought it was a load of rubbish initially, but I'm not so sure anymore. I can see him being the kind of guy Brexit Jim would like.

As sickening as it is, I think there is at least a little truth to it. I think someone said that Andy Mitten understood the rumours to have substance.

m1tch

If he's Dan Ashworth's recommendation then we've made a mistake bringing in Dan Ashworth.

Tap

If there’s no one else, probably yeah. At least he could organise a defence, make us more compact and concede fewer shots on goal.

Surely he can’t be worse than ETH on this aspect

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

:wenger:

hobbers

Looks like we might be hiring a shit football director chaps. Having had the football dept taken over by Ineos clown show.

arnoldS

I' ll stop watching united till he is gone if this fraud comes in. Doubt ineos are that stupid though.

Uncle Mainoo

I don’t see the difference between him and ETh to be honest. There both pretenders.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
People have said before, if this or that happens I'm done with the club, but genuinely this happening would be beyond depressing. I would not watch one fecking game with this clown in charge.

wolvored

It’s a no brainer no I did originally put as last resort but after thinking about it it would be a massive step backwards. I would rather keep TH and I am one of his biggest opponents

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
People have said before, if this or that happens I'm done with the club, but genuinely this happening would be beyond depressing. I would not watch one fecking game with this clown in charge.
Same. It would be pure mediocrity and a disaster. We’ve been through enough as United fans :lol: The inevitability of how it would all play out, I just could not be bothered to experience any of it.

SteveCoppellFan

No matter how bad things look, I always have that hope that things will get better.

If Southgate comes in then he removes the hope, he would literally take away any joy I had supporting United.

Hal9000

No, he's probably had one of, if not, the most talented England squads ever in numerous tournaments and keeps coming up short.

hobbers

Getting rid of Southgate would be difficult. Getting rid of Ashworth could take a decade.

AneRu

No matter how bad things look, I always have that hope that things will get better.

If Southgate comes in then he removes the hope, he would literally take away any joy I had supporting United.
Obviously voted no but since LVG we have virtually been given the manager we wanted and they all failed. I think he could actually surprise us by how well he could do hear because even though he doesn't have the modern tactics to have social media tacticos fawning over him he seems to have good man management skills and is a good communicator who conducts himself with dignity.

I think his merits aren't enough to compete at the level we want to get back to and he will be found out. But I have that sneaking feeling that he will surprise many if he comes. Especially if he goes one better and wins the Euros he will have that inherent authority of a winner.

didz

Not only would it be the ballsiest decision INEOS could make, it's also the only managerial appointment that could possibly unite the fanbase.

AneRu

Getting rid of Southgate would be difficult. Getting rid of Ashworth could take a decade.
If he is the one behind the Southgate nonsense and it blows up in his face he is gone with him. What will always kill a manager here is the amount of money you spend, it got to Ole in the end and it looks like it will swallow ETH very soon.

There were days when having mates in the media was helpful but the emergence of fan channels is a new dimension. He will come in with the fan base doubting him, Ineos will back him to the hilt but if he doesn't deliver in two seasons he will be gone and Ashworth will fall with him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If we have anyone in any position of power admiring Southgate then, well, I worry about our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.