Southgate replacing ETH? Yes or No?

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

I think there's just a lot of parties that are desperate for him to get the role. I just don't see why Ineos would go for him instead of Potter.
Potter if they want a possible long-term, Tuchel if they want a temporary fix. But yeah, I can’t really see Southgate being their target and I get the impression it’s ABUs wanting Southgate to come here more than anything.

C'est Moi Cantona

The story of McClaren staying even if ETH goes is a bit of red flag for this.

Lets get Steve Holland in as well, then they could reinact the David Moyes, Steve Round, and Jimmy Lumsden photo.

SteveCoppellFan

Did we need another Southgate thread to remind everyone that he is not even a option to manage United ?

If INEOS want to blow any credibility they have with fans then this would be the fast track approach.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Genuinely, the thought of it makes me physically sick.

Nori-

Can you imagine.

Manchester derby, City playing free flowing football, Pep screaming for more, the United players looking to the touch line for some guidance and they see.......Gareth Southgate. Standing there absolutly clueless.

Just when you think, things couldnt get worse.

United Hobbit

Does anyone think Potter is good enough?

At this point just want ETH gone but do NOT want Southgate

Potters time at Chelsea worries me but they're as comically run as we were so it's hard to accurately judge him

ETH could win the FA cup 10-0 and I'd still want him sacked I'd really question Ineos if we enter next season with him still in place

surf

Conclusive poll results. His club management record is thin, ancient and unsuccessful, basically the stint at Boro.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Mods, do the next one. The Caf has spoken. Southgate is out. Next up: Potter.

SungSam7

The last time he was in charge of a club in the Premier league, he got them relegated and signed a striker who couldn't hit a barn door..... not a hope, he's also got an inflated CV too. That England squad should be winning a European title but fumbled it against an aging Italy.

manutddjw

No.

the other thing to take into consideration is if we appoint him, our entitled players who aren’t going to make the England squad will have it out for him on day one. We’ve seen the level of effort they give when things don’t go their way. You can expect that effort on day 1.

ElCuddlos

I can see the logic. Our next manager needs to implement a cultural reset whilst under massive press scrutiny. Southgate has achieved that with England. But on almost every other level he is massively underwhelming.

Oscar Bonavena

We've had enough personality vacuums as manager, time to get someone with a bit of charisma. If you were a player, would you run through a brick wall for Southgate?! Would you f**k!

sugar_kane

Hey if we’re going to get Southgate in to sort out the team maybe we could get Keano in to let the players know ala

didz

feck it, let's do it. Southgate is the only appointment that could unite us all. Sure it's a unity of hate, but like I said, feck it. It's the bravest move INEOS could make.

Wilt

feck it, let's do it. Southgate is the only appointment that could unite us all. Sure it's a unity of hate, but like I said, feck it. It’s the bravest move INEOS could make
Also the most stupid.

croadyman

Personally I think the Southgate links are one massive wind up by the media. Plenty of scousers linking him to us without entertaining the idea of him going to Liverpool at any point.
Yeah that fecker Mcateer was at it on Sunday,you could see the utter joy on his face announcing it out on BEIN Sports

The Urban Goose

How is this even a question?

And the 17/2.9% of other club fans who have voted should be banned.

croadyman

We've had enough personality vacuums as manager, time to get someone with a bit of charisma. If you were a player, would you run through a brick wall for Southgate?! Would you f**k!
Yeah another reason I'm not keen on Potter too

Status
Not open for further replies.