kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I hit 'em high, hit 'em high, hit 'em high
And you hit 'em low, hit 'em low, hit 'em low
If I hit 'em high, hit 'em high, hit 'em high
And you hit 'em low, hit 'em low, hit 'em low

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
We're in a 90s nostalgia boom. Everything made in the 90s is now at least 40% better than it actually was.

The idea that Space Jam 2 will be ruined by "unnecessary cameos" is pretty amusing though. Let's Nolan it. A dark, brooding, grittily realistic Space Jam is clearly the only thing that could do one of the most flagrant cash grabs of all time the creative justice it deserves.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Surely Lebron isn't half the cultural icon MJ was in the 90s? Or am I saying that because of his fame from Space Jam?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've not seen Space Jam 1. Would I be able to follow the plot in the sequel?

As for basketballers, I think the only ones I would recognize are Jordan, Shaq and that maniac who went to North Korea. I've obviously heard of LeBron but if he walked past me in the street I'd just think "that's a tall fecker" and not "that's LeBron James".

Zen

It's the Bill Murray supporting part that this will struggle to replace. Leave that out and Space Jam is pretty ordinary as far as kids films goes. Despite some pretty solid acting from sports stars, which is exceptionally rare.

Expect Shaq to show up.

Sylar

Who will they get to play a role similar to Murray though? He was great inthat movie.

And the movie is a classic. Anybody who disagrees is wrong. :D

Roman Bellic

Prick
Surely Lebron isn't half the cultural icon MJ was in the 90s? Or am I saying that because of his fame from Space Jam?
When was the last time a child in this generation watched an episode of looney tunes? I think it's bugs bunny's marketability we should be worried about, Lebron isn't exactly MJ but he still has a huge following worldwide.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
When was the last time a child in this generation watched an episode of looney tunes? I think it's bugs bunny's marketability we should be worried about, Lebron isn't exactly MJ but he still has a huge following worldwide.
I think the movie will attract fans of the original movie more so than children. :lol:

cyberman

Excellent. All we need now is to sign Martin Lawrence up for Blue Streak 2 and we're ready to go

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I gather that the NBA nowadays is extremely popular in China for example, which wasn't really the case in the 90s.
This was from an article in the late 90s: (I found the quote here, but used an earlier instance when I wrote my dissertation on Michael Jordan while at university)

In a recent survey of Chinese students Jordan tied with Zhou Enlai as “the world’s greatest man.”

Jordan was huge over in China in the 90s.

Smores

I wish they'd leave all these 90s films alone. It's impossible not to be excited but all they do is tarnish their reputations.

Won't someone think of the 90s children

Roman Bellic

Prick
I wish they'd leave all these 90s films alone. It's impossible not to be excited but all they do is tarnish their reputations.

Won't someone think of the 90s children
It's been 2 decades already, i dont think the movie will be aimed at 27-40 year olds.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
shaq, kobe, lebron, duncan, cp3 with Will ferrell playing the murray role

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Trailers out! I'm excited for it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Do they need to reveal so much of the plot in the trailer?! Should’ve at least kept the Wade pose for the movie.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The first Space Jam film was an absolute heap of shite but I suppose it's inevitable that we see millennial nostalgia increasingly mined for cash. Bah and indeed humbug.