Sparky: we were robbed

kelvinhole

Hello Kevin
It wasn't as if the ref mandated the ball had to be in the City half. City could've attacked, they just couldn't get the ball off us.

But that obviously doesn't fit Hughes' agenda.

Moriarty

It wasn't as if the ref mandated the ball had to be in the City half. City could've attacked, they just couldn't get the ball off us.

But that obviously doesn't fit Hughes' agenda.
More than that, when they had the opportunity to hang on tot he ball after they scored their third, they kept giving it to us and inviting attacks. I don't always agree with Alan Hansen but he pointed this out on MOTD last night and I was virtually applauding him. With age comes wisdom maybe. Now if only they could ditch that ugly twat Adrian Chiles. He's got a face like a burglar's dog.

gaffs

In extra time, there was a goal + celebration and a substitution.

Thats a min and a half easily.

When the extra time in announced, they always say "a minimum of" minutes to be added.

Stop moaning Blue Nose Hughes.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He does.

And if the shoe was on the other foot, Fergie would be having a moan.
Absolutely. And it would be just as daft whether it was Fergie or us.

It's annoying at best - but at least with extra time both sides have the opportunity to score. It's not like we got a dodgy penalty is it?

I'd like to see Sparky stand up and say "If we'd scored in that extra time, it wouldn't have been fair, and I'd still have complained."

Adebesi

In The Guardian Sparky said: ""I was in teams here who had that benefit and I never thought it was an issue because I actually thought we had a bad time by referees. Since I left I have probably changed my view."

So here he is admitting he has issues with remaining objective. It really isnt rocket science: 4 minutes awarded for added time before their final goal was scored. So time added on for that celebration. Plus some more for our final substitution, which was made deep into injury time. A game with 7 goals in it plus numerous subs is going to have a decent amount of time added on.

Kelvin

The former Premier League referee Graham Poll believes Manchester City boss Mark Hughes has every right to feel aggrieved at the time added on during Sunday’s Manchester derby. Michael Owen scored Manchester United’s winner in the sixth minute of injury time, when only four were scheduled, and Poll suggests the rules as they stand leads to problems and it needs to be addressed.

Poll told the Daily Mail: “In my after dinner speech I often tell how I got the ‘hairdryer’ from Sir Alex Ferguson on one of my first visits to Old Trafford for not knowing one of the rules of football; at the home of Manchester United you play until they win!”

“For as long as I can remember fans have had the suspicion that Ferguson has an influence over referees decisions and appointments - a suspicion I cannot share - and with Mike Riley - one of ‘Fergie's favourites’ - having taking over as the head of refereeing for the PGMOL, they will be looking even closer at the referees at the home of the Champions.”

“However, Ferguson was not pleased at having Martin Atkinson appointed for Sunday’s derby, a man he has still not forgiven for what he believed was a performance that eliminated United from the FA Cup against Portsmouth two seasons ago.”

“Maybe after this pulsating game was decided by a late, late winner from Michael Owen, Atkinson will be welcomed back any time.”

“Laws of the game are specific in saying that “the allowance for time lost is at the discretion of the referee” and so Atkinson cannot be faulted technically for finding an extra three minutes in addition to the four minutes he allowed at the end of the second half.”

“I struggled to see where the additional, additional time came from which enabled United to score the winner.”

“Alan Wiley, the fourth official showed the time allowed - as decided by Atkinson - as four minutes, which I felt was reasonable given the substitutions and number of goals.”

“There was one further substitution in the time allowed, Carrick for Anderson, for which 30 seconds is usually allowed. I therefore expected the final whistle at 94.30, as did Mark Hughes.”

“The Owen winning goal was timed at 95.28 and so I could fully understand the City boss’s frustration.”

“When you’ve worked so hard to come back three times and feel that you’ve earned a point in a key match it must be galling to concede such a goal.”

“Such is football with the laws as they stand, though.”

“I would like to see an amendment to the law relating to time-keeping, whereby an independent time keeper actually records the amount of time the ball is in play.”

“Then once that time reaches 45 minutes the referee is informed and the half ends at the next natural stoppage.”

“Of course that will never be brought in, with the footballing authorities so adamant that the laws must be the same for all levels of football, but for me it really is time for change.”

Graham Poll: I could fully understand the City boss’ frustration 21 September 2009 - 09:40 | Sport.co.uk

feck off poll.....

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If they stopped the clock every time the ball was not in play matches would last about 3 hours the fecking pleb!

Man-United

So, Poll doesn't know that it's a MINIMUM of 4 minutes added time, not 4.00 minutes. I thought he would know that...

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Noisy neighbours. :D

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
what a loser. the more he talks the more embarrassing it is. manchester city! a pile of shit!

Sir A1ex

I would say to Mark Hughes: the game was locked at 3-3 with still some minutes to be played, why didn't City then throw everybody forward and go for the win? I mean City do want to mix it up with the big boys, why not go for the winner after just getting themselves back into the game? Extra time added on benefits both teams, it's just a question of which team has the bigger bollocks to go for the win and I'm sorry you bitter blue cnuts, but it was us :devil::devil:
Exactly... one quote from Sparky says it all for me:

"We just feel a little bit aggrieved that they were given that time."

No, Pal. Both teams were given that time, your lot just didn't have the balls to want to take it.

Derek Brown

I would say to Mark Hughes: the game was locked at 3-3 with still some minutes to be played, why didn't City then throw everybody forward and go for the win? I mean City do want to mix it up with the big boys, why not go for the winner after just getting themselves back into the game? Extra time added on benefits both teams, it's just a question of which team has the bigger bollocks to go for the win and I'm sorry you bitter blue cnuts, but it was us :devil::devil:
Nothing but plain old common sense from you today! Once again, I totally agree.

Adebesi

Yes but just to reiterate ALL MANAGERS ARE MUPPETS when it comes to this kind of thing. Let's not make out Sparky is any more of a cock than SAF would have been if they had snatched a winner in the 96th minute or we risk looking as delluded as they are bitter.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Hughes is becoming an idiot since having all this money.

He thinks automatically that City should win everything.
To be fair, he used to manage Blackburn...

Yes but just to reiterate ALL MANAGERS ARE MUPPETS when it comes to this kind of thing. Let's not make out Sparky is any more of a cock than SAF would have been if they had snatched a winner in the 96th minute or we risk looking as delluded as they are bitter.
Amen, well said.

brewlio

A prince among poopers
have come across loads of bitters throughout the day. all singing from the same hymn sheet:

"we were robbed !" :lol:

anyone else ?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
have come across loads of bitters throughout the day. all singing from the same hymn sheet:

"we were robbed !" :lol:

anyone else ?
:lol: forgetting the fact that we battered them from pillar to post second half.

If anything 3-3 was ribbong us.

Deluded cnuts.

Chris H

Video Posting God
So, Poll doesn't know that it's a MINIMUM of 4 minutes added time, not 4.00 minutes. I thought he would know that...
He doesn't know how many yellows make a red, so this should be no surprise.