Spartacus: Vengeance

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will there be another series after this? surely must be.

Sylar

Yes, there will be. (Im not saying this based on something being confirmed or anything but just based on history). And that is something I cannot wait for.

I am sad at the prospect of losing a couple of the more interesting characters....that is, if they stick to 'accepted history'.
True, but given how great they are developing characters, its not the worst thing.

Mick1991

Still don't like the new Spartacus.......wooden, but there are many other great characters to compensate.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wish i had not seen this bump!!!!!!!!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
been reading loads of Roman literature recently

In reality Spartacus commanded tens of thousands of slaves at one point. In the show, it looks about 40

Plus the Romans..way too few..and by too few, i mean in reality there should be thousands of them as well

lets hope the numbers increase as the show progresses, because its making the romans look like pussies when in fact they were a killing machine. Spartacus in reality won quite a few battles by using cunning, not by meeting the legions head on

Cina

Well, that was abso-fecking-lutely amazing.

Oh, except for basically any scene involving Naevia.

I mean seriously, they basically killed off half of the cast :lol: The writers have balls.

kps88

Oh, except for basically any scene involving Naevia.
Yep. Unfortunately that was quite an important scene. I was just cringing all the way through. Hope they change the actress again!

Cina

Yep. Unfortunately that was quite an important scene. I was just cringing all the way through. Hope they change the actress again!
It was poor. I was disappointed that her, probably the shittest character/actress in the show, got to kill Ashur (one of the best villains in the show) instead of Crixus.

VII

Totally unrealistic. That Saxa is begging for it but no one is willing to oblige. Just get her tits out damn it.

Cali Red

Completely brilliant season ending. Wanted more in the death of the Egyptian. And so many points where I kept saying "no fvcking way".

Sylar

Fcuk yea !!!! Amazing finale. The show is just awesome. I cant wait until the new season. But seriously how good was that season? The episode was great but the ending sequence (about the last 20 minutes) was just godly television. The whole season built up to the moment but wow, so great. And it delivered. No shitty copout, it just delivered.

Mira served a purpose and her death really focused Spartacus.

Ashurs death was a great scene with naevia getting some sort of vengeance. I did prefer the previous actress that played her, but tbh, ive accepted her now and shes not that bad. She didnt outright kill Ashurs, she caught him off guard when he dominated her.

Oenomaus death was brilliantly done and him really absolving Gannicus of everything. The build up of Lucretias death with the baby was genius especially paralleled with the gladiators taking out the Romans.

And of course Spartacus finally avenging his wifes death by taking out Glaber and standing tall with the freed slaves was just brilliant end to a great season.

Fantastic writing and acting. 8-) The fact is we're gonna see Spartacus and the rebels take on more, possibly recruit more and fight even higher powers. Amazing whether this can go.

Neutral

BTV
I know some were upset at Oenomaus dying, but even historically he goes early(of course if they stick to this...a certain someone else is going to go soon too :( )...so killing him off now means next season, the writers will probably jump a head quite a bit. Not sure we'll see too much of Spartacus recruiting, instead I think we'll see a large assembled slave army in action.

golden_blunder

Staff
a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss though lads

not everyone downloads it. Ep 10 is not on Irish telly till tonight

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
We can't apply common sense, common sense was the old policy and it failed.

Cina

a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss though lads

not everyone downloads it. Ep 10 is not on Irish telly till tonight
I'm just doing things via the new policy. If I had put everything into spoilers I'm sure someone would've pointed out the policy to me etc etc.

I've slowly learned to not go near threads unless I'm 100% sure I've seen the latest episode now, and that's probably the best way.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I've slowly learned to not go near threads unless I'm 100% sure I've seen the latest episode now, and that's probably the best way.
I thought everyone did that ?

Why would anyone enter a thread knowing its been aired in one part of the world and most likely some people are posting about it ?

I didn't enter the thread yesterday because of that reason. Basically its common sense! ;)

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I think killing of ashur and lucretia was not a good move. They were good characters imo.

Ashur could have slipped away on the side and Lucretia could have killed illithiya and taken the baby for herself.

Cali Red

Ashur was a very good villain but it was probably time for that story line to end. And Illithia will have a role to play in the next season it would have been hard to carry Lucretia over as she was a bit mad too.

golden_blunder

Staff
Ashur had no place in the next storyline, i dont think the Ludus will be in it anymore unless Crassus now moves into it

Neutral

BTV
Illthyia is dead people....she has no role to play.

A couple of characters from next season(taken from EW interview with Steven DeKnight)

Caeser on the left and Crassus on the right

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I personally thought the battle scene between Ashur and Naevia was unconvincing and ridiculous. I realize it's a TV series, but a little dose of reality would have helped. A great evil character like him deserved a better scripted ending than that. The notion that she would last more than five seconds against him, let alone beat him,is utterly ludicrous.

Neutral

BTV
I personally thought the battle scene between Ashur and Naevia was unconvincing and ridiculous. I realize it's a TV series, but a little dose of reality would have helped. A great evil character like him deserved a better scripted ending than that. The notion that she would last more than five seconds against him, let alone beat him,is utterly ludicrous.
Yeah I got the he was toying with her and messing around angle(especially with him knowing, there was no way, they would let him live, so he wanted to inflict as much humiliation and mental anguish on her as possible)...but they should have had him kill her too at the very least. I'm weakened because I took an arrow was :lol::lol:

But his fallout with Glaber was nicely done...a snake done in by a snake.

kps88

The only down side to an otherwise excellent episode. On a side note, most female friends of mine thought that scene was the highlight of the episode.

I would have liked him to hang around longer. Just like the last 2 seasons, they've given themselves a hell of a lot to do for next season by killing off so many great characters.

Cina

I thought everyone did that ?

Why would anyone enter a thread knowing its been aired in one part of the world and most likely some people are posting about it ?

I didn't enter the thread yesterday because of that reason. Basically its common sense! ;)
Well some didn't do so in this one.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Also, I'd think a wily fecker like Ashur would know better than to trust Glaber's word on making him a future master of the House of Batiatus. A lowly Syrian, who's a former slave to be given this big a gift and a Roman mistress of the house on top of it, like that was really going to happen.

Last, but not least, he knew way too much to be kept alive(killing of Seppius and his men, etc), and Glaber's political ambitions were too important to risk keeping him around once he served his purpose in dealing with Spartacus.

His best chance was probably to get his ill-gotten gains and split before Glaber makes his move.

VII

No one else find it unrealistic Spartacus had more difficulty fighting Glaber than the Egyptian?

Cina

No one else find it unrealistic Spartacus had more difficulty fighting Glaber than the Egyptian?
Eh? Gannicus and Oenemious had to take him down together. And he killed Oenemious ...