Spartacus: Vengeance

Sylar

Im getting more into the new spartacus tbh. Having gannicus around adds to it.

Ive loved it so far, (including the first two seasons of course) but im enjoying Vengeance.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Is there anyone more clever than ashur ? He's raping his "master" now :lol:

the "slave rebels" would be twice as lethal if he was advising them.

Sylar

TBH, Ashur is like this through no fault of his own. Given what happened at the end of Gods of Arena and throughout Blood and Sand you can understand why his character has evolved like this.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ashurs a great character imo, a fantastic villain.

The series is certainly improving, will be interesting to see how the story develops.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
They should kill off the new Spartacus and rename the show "Gannicus."

Who cares, it's not as if it has much to do with real history, anyway.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like the new Spartacus, took me a couple of episodes to get used to but now i don't even think about the fact it's a different actor.

Cina

His only problem is that he looks like a little bitch next to the likes of Crixus and Gannicus. Needs to bulk the feck up.

Dan

The Mountain getting his face slashed off and his brain falling out was the best bit of the latest episode.

Sylar

Awesome. The way the body just stood there for a second added to the visual.

Each ep makes me want more which is good for a series. And opposite to TWD...

kps88

Do NOT watch the preview for the next episode. Gives away far too much.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thanks for the warning, kps. I think i'll try and steer clear of any internet discussion about Spartacus until the series is over.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
A slower paced episode I thought, but its building itself up again. The shows great though imo, was concerned after watching the first two episodes whether i'd like the new Spartacus, but the story is carrying you along that uncertainty.

I'm loving it tbh.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ace show. Not suffering from third series syndrome thankfully. Can't believe I forgot about Quintus not being in it anymore.

Spartacus, Crixus, Gannicus and Oenamaous can take on around 60-80 soldiers by their lonesome. Glaber needs more men he doesn't have nearly enough.

Sylar

Ashur can take on about 5 men on his own and he was deemed the weakest. And he limps. lol.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Which begs the question: why do/did the Romans train their gladiators like, well erm, gladiators while training their own soldiers like soft turds? Surely there must have been Romans that had biceps larger than 14" circumference and could see a sword coming their way?

Lastwolf

In real life the Roman infantry was phenomenal, it's why they conquered the majority of the world at the time. Combined arms use and discipline was their primary strengths.

1-on-1 combat isn't really their forte, were it's all a gladiator would do all day, every day.

Sylar

Great episode. There isnt a single part of the show that makes me lose interest either with characters or subplots.

Nucks

RT History Department
In real life the Roman infantry was phenomenal, it's why they conquered the majority of the world at the time. Combined arms use and discipline was their primary strengths.

1-on-1 combat isn't really their forte, were it's all a gladiator would do all day, every day.
Absolutely. The Legion was literally a machine, it was a system where the sum was greater than the parts.

They fought in a manner that absolutely maximized their killing potential in close quarters battle. They didn't use long unwieldy weapons, they used a short lethal stabbing motion and provided maximum protection for themselves and the guy to their left with their shield.

Gladiators on the other hand were all about 1v1 and as such their style would not be as effective in a real war where fighting as a singular unit would absolutely butcher men fighting as individuals, which it did, all the time.

Neutral

BTV
Glaber has no hope...3 women conspiring against him - but I reckon Spartacus will do him in battle, rather than one of the ladies.

Spartacus being merciful, but not really.

Gannicus needs to be forgiven...enough already :sulk:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Xena limping after a good rogering. Who didn't dream of this scenario many many years ago? :)

Jacob

I'm getting tired of the monotonous dialogue.

"Return to my arms"

"See you to the afterlife"

Is used 10 times per episode ffs

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Newest episode was fecking AWESOME!!!

Cina

Yeah, loved that episode. Should be a cracking finale as always.

Neutral

BTV
episode 9 discussion
Varinius - what a way to go.....Glad Seppia got what was coming to her.

So the plan is to starve them out.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
you dont need to use spoilers now if the episode has been aired in usa even though viewers in uk are a couple of days behind.

i was hoping to see that egyptian ripped to pieces but he raped doctore! i was expecting seppia to kill ilithyia and her baby to get even with glaber...didn't see that coming tbh.

Cali Red

They should kill off the new Spartacus and rename the show "Gannicus."

Who cares, it's not as if it has much to do with real history, anyway.
Gannicus is a brilliant character. Plus in the combat scenes he looks years ahead of the rest of them. But I do like the new Spartacus.

i was hoping to see that egyptian ripped to pieces but he raped doctore! i was expecting seppia to kill ilithyia and her baby to get even with glaber...didn't see that coming tbh.
When I saw them engage I thought for sure Oenomaus would take him. He did show he's a tough bad ass with a blade through the hand and into the eye and didn't get killed. I'm guessing they hook up again.

Sylar

Loved the penultimate episode. In fact, the whole story has been brilliant and I cant wait to see what happens next week. This friday is the season finale and cant wait.

New spartacus has grown although its helped having strong characters around him like Crixus and Gannicus. And having believable villians like Glaber and ashur where you really want to see them get theirs. Especially Ashur who must be close to MVP this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was a great episode, just as you thought it was all safe, all hell broke loose!.

Loved the bit when spartacus and gannicus ambushed varinius on his horse with some ninja stealth!.

You just know gannicus is gonna get revenge for oenomaus!

Member 39557

Gannicus is a brilliant character. Plus in the combat scenes he looks years ahead of the rest of them. But I do like the new Spartacus.

When I saw them engage I thought for sure Oenomaus would take him. He did show he's a tough bad ass with a blade through the hand and into the eye and didn't get killed. I'm guessing they hook up again.
I knew he'd be awesome from when he kicked ass in the previous episode, especially when he basically ignored being shot with an arrow.

I hope Oenomaus or Gannicus get to have a major fight with him in the finale.

Neutral

BTV
I am sad at the prospect of losing a couple of the more interesting characters....that is, if they stick to 'accepted history'.