Spurs Documentary: All or nothing

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Don't understand why he's getting criticism at all. There's no shame in him not being as charismatic as others, he's better and works harder than any of his teammates.
Agreed, I really like Kane. Quality footballer and comes across as a decent bloke. Glad he's the England captain.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
There are so many funny clips of the documentary on youtube. Seems very awkward like watching The Office UK. Harry Kane seems uneasy around the camera. That alone sold it for me :lol: :lol:

Haven't used my amazon prime account for anything other than online shopping. But yeah, will now give it a watch and have a few laughs.
Jose looks like the superstar of the series from the clips ive seen.

DRM

Jose comes across really well (so far). You can tell he's clearly a smart bloke tactically but I was surprised about his man management. Would love to have seen how we was with the United lads towards the end of his tenure here.

crossy1686

career ending
It's because he's proven himself too much at the highest level at this point so they can't criticize his play. So they latch on to the silliest things like his speech impediment or any micro mannerisms.

Fact is he's one of the absolute top strikers in world football who guarantees goals, is a pro's pro, leads by example, a family man who stays out of the press and they'd absolutely all love to have him playing at their club.
Beckham got this for years, don’t pretend this is exclusive to Kane.

And to be fair, he deserves some shit for that cringe worthy chat he had with Jose about being Messi or Ronaldo level. Incredibly self centred.

dbs235

And to be fair, he deserves some shit for that cringe worthy chat he had with Jose about being Messi or Ronaldo level. Incredibly self centred.
What :lol: He didn't exactly claim to be anywhere near their level. He just said he wishes that one day he could be at that level. Jose was the one bigging himself up saying he's already been a superstar in his managerial career.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

You read that situation completely wrong. There's a difference between aspiration and what you think you are. He has the right to think about elevating his status in the game.

Skeezix

Jose looks like the superstar of the series from the clips ive seen.
That is a given. The funny and spicy moments all involve him.

What I've learnt so far from the clips:
  • Jose is a good actor
  • Youtube comments all demand Harry Kane subtitles
  • Dele Ali is lazy
  • Levy is bad at acting

crossy1686

career ending
What :lol: He didn't exactly claim to be anywhere near their level. He just said he wishes that one day he could be at that level. Jose was the one bigging himself up saying he's already been a superstar in his managerial career.
The whole conversation was about getting Kane to the level of Messi or Ronaldo. International level fame was the topic. Not at any point did that conversation discuss what was for the betterment of Tottenham or the team on the whole

crossy1686

career ending
You read that situation completely wrong. There's a difference between aspiration and what you think you are. He has the right to think about elevating his status in the game.
And how will that help Tottenham be successful? Oh look, there’s Harry Kane on a packet of crisps in Tahiti. Meanwhile Tottenham have a baron trophy cabinet.

peridigm

Anyone know when the next episodes are available?
Probably the weekend. Does Apple normally limit the releases for shows like this? I'd rather be able to binge the entire series than have to wait every week.

Chief123

Probably the weekend. Does Apple normally limit the releases for shows like this? I'd rather be able to binge the entire series than have to wait every week.
It’s amazon releasing bit at a time to keep the interest going probably.

peridigm

It’s amazon releasing bit at a time to keep the interest going probably.
My bad. Not sure why I thought it was Apple. That's the Ted Lasso show I've been watching and it drops one episode per week.

RedDevilUnited369

I’d love to hear from players of Jose previous clubs to see if this is what he is really like.

Half time team talks when losing were just not what I’d pictured a Jose dressing room to look like.

If this is toned down for the cameras I feel a little disappointed.

I only saw Deli show any emotion.

Chief123

I’d love to hear from players of Jose previous clubs to see if this is what he is really like.

Half time team talks when losing were just not what I’d pictured a Jose dressing room to look like.

If this is toned down for the cameras I feel a little disappointed.

I only saw Deli show any emotion.
Sanchez's comments today suggest it was a pretty crap environment under Jose!

dbs235

The whole conversation was about getting Kane to the level of Messi or Ronaldo. International level fame was the topic. Not at any point did that conversation discuss what was for the betterment of Tottenham or the team on the whole
Well yeah because Jose started that conversation by saying he's gonna raise Kane's game and profile.

CM

Kane's team talks are the most cringe thing ever. Broken English interspersed with a few fecks.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Sanchez's comments today suggest it was a pretty crap environment under Jose!
Sanchez was crap in his last season at Arsenal, crap at United and now crap in Italy, take from that as u will. I'm not Jose's biggest fan but come on, his comments say more about him than Jose.

Chief123

Sanchez was crap in his last season at Arsenal, crap at United and now crap in Italy, take from that as u will. I'm not Jose's biggest fan but come on, his comments say more about him than Jose.
To be fair he wasn’t the only one who didn’t like Jose. Jose had lost half the dressing room by the time he got sacked because of his toxic behaviour. Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Rashford all got unneccesary shit from him.

We were crying out for shaw to come back and be our left back. Every time he came back and had a good game, Jose always came out with something to shit on him with. Claiming he was the “brains” behind Shaw’s good performance.

I’ve honestly never been happier to be rid of a manager than I was with Jose. Most Utd fans only keep in touch with spurs because they know drama is only around the corner and it’s more fun to watch when it’s someone else’s problem.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
To be fair he wasn’t the only one who didn’t like Jose. Jose had lost half the dressing room by the time he got sacked because of his toxic behaviour. Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Rashford all got unneccesary shit from him.

We were crying out for shaw to come back and be our left back. Every time he came back and had a good game, Jose always came out with something to shit on him with. Claiming he was the “brains” behind Shaw’s good performance.

I’ve honestly never been happier to be rid of a manager than I was with Jose. Most Utd fans only keep in touch with spurs because they know drama is only around the corner and it’s more fun to watch when it’s someone else’s problem.
Thats a fair evaluation, but I would say if you asked all Jose's previous players if they liked him or not most would say they liked/respected him. Really you ere happier to get rid of Jose than Moyes or Van Gal, odd comment?

I've been a member here during Poch's reign and a lot of United members on here kept in touch with Spurs then? It all depends on if you are a United fan or a football fan.

Chief123

Thats a fair evaluation, but I would say if you asked all Jose's previous players if they liked him or not most would say they liked/respected him. Really you ere happier to get rid of Jose than Moyes or Van Gal, odd comment?

I've been a member here during Poch's reign and a lot of United members on here kept in touch with Spurs then? It all depends on if you are a United fan or a football fan.
Of course I was more happier when we sacked Jose than LVG and Moyes.

Moyes was out of his depth and LVG football was dire and boring.

But Jose was literally destroying the club from the inside and absolving himself of any blame. We were on the brink of selling Martial and Pogba because of Jose. He was hell bent on using Fellani as his go to man with horrendous tactics.

Jose was a parasite that needed to be rid of from the club. I was actually really surprised that another premier league team went in for him. We took him on at Utd and just wrote off what he did at Chelsea thinking it was a blip. He was even worse at Utd. So glad to see the back of him.

What will be interesting is to see how Jose does at a team with lower expectations than clubs he’s been at before. Throughout his career he’s always been at a team that’s expected to challenge for the title. At spurs his target would be top 4.

I just can’t see him holding in his frustrations knowing that his team aren’t going to challenge for the title and he has to settle for tier 2 club targets.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Of course I was more happier when we sacked Jose than LVG and Moyes.

Moyes was out of his depth and LVG football was dire and boring.

But Jose was literally destroying the club from the inside and absolving himself of any blame. We were on the brink of selling Martial and Pogba because of Jose. He was hell bent on using Fellani as his go to man with horrendous tactics.

Jose was a parasite that needed to be rid of from the club. I was actually really surprised that another premier league team went in for him. We took him on at Utd and just wrote off what he did at Chelsea thinking it was a blip. He was even worse at Utd. So glad to see the back of him.

What will be interesting is to see how Jose does at a team with lower expectations than clubs he’s been at before. Throughout his career he’s always been at a team that’s expected to challenge for the title. At spurs his target would be top 4.

I just can’t see him holding in his frustrations knowing that his team aren’t going to challenge for the title and he has to settle for tier 2 targets.
Fair enough :lol:, im not his biggest fan as i said but he still won for you.

Chief123

Fair enough :lol:, im not his biggest fan as i said but he still won for you.
Don’t get me wrong, I think he’ll get spurs a lot of solid results even if it’s not the most attractive football.

But he’s like a ticking time bomb and you just don’t know when he’s going to lose his shit. Even now he’ll be frustrated that he’s not really able to strengthen with signings that he would normally make at his previous clubs.

Chief123

I agree, but is he not the most successful manager since Fergie?
To be fair a 2nd place finish and a europa league win (easiest route we could have wished for that year) is not something to write home about. And the fact that Moyes and LVG were shit doesn’t leave much competition.

Some of the football Ole has had us playing in the last 18 months is the best football we’ve seen since Fergie. Arguably even better than some of the football in the latter years of Fergie. There’s a clear direction of progression which is the first time since Fergie.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
To be fair a 2nd place finish and a europa league win (easiest route we could have wished for that year) is not something to write home about. And the fact that Moyes and LVG were shit doesn’t leave much competition.

Some of the football Ole has had us playing in the last 18 months is the best football we’ve seen since Fergie. Arguably even better than some of the football in the latter years of Fergie. There’s a clear direction of progression which is the first time since Fergie.
Were going off thread here, but do you think Ole will win you the league? Harry had us playing some lovely stuff, never thought he would win us much.

I agree, but is he not the most successful manager since Fergie?
Not hard mind. He won two trophies (only a bloody idiot counts the Charity Shield), compared to LVG’s one - although the FA Cup is a better trophy than the League Cup or Europa League (clearly that was important), however Jose completely gave up on the league to win it, which was a disgrace.

Chief123

Were going off thread here, but do you think Ole will win you the league? Harry had us playing some lovely stuff, never thought he would win us much.
If I’m honest I’d say it’s hard for any manager to win the league with Utd while Klopp is at Liverpool and Pep at City.

But I certainly feel Ole is capable of closing the gap if the board back him. He’s shown he can produce results if he’s given the tools to work with. His results in all the big games has been very impressive. Once you close the gap and get yourself around the top two then anything can happen.

I would certainly feel more confident in Ole winning us the league more than Jose.

Redfrog

It's a decent watch to learn a bit more about the personalities at a top club, but it's definitely only as insightful as Spurs would want it to be given the danger to them of opponents learning too much about their processes, tactics etc; especially since they only finished filming a month or so ago.

I wonder how different this type of documentary would be if the production company sat on the footage for 10-20 years when a lot of the players and staff have moved on - the stuff I really want to see is the footage they aren't allowed to show.
That would be insightfull but no one will care as everyone will have forgotten most of it...

I dont think he has any chance, I dont think Jose has any chance, the rest of us are simply to far behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea, IMO anyway.
It can change quickly, 3 years ago no one would have suggested Liverpool would be so dominant. Alison and VVD changed everything for them.

Far too early to state Chelsea are challengers. However one of Utd or Chelsea will break up City and Liverpool over the next 2 years. Football is cyclical, no matter how bleak it looks now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It can change quickly, 3 years ago no one would have suggested Liverpool would be so dominant. Alison and VVD changed everything for them.

Far too early to state Chelsea are challengers. However one of Utd or Chelsea will break up City and Liverpool over the next 2 years. Football is cyclical, no matter how bleak it looks now.
Cant see it, Liverpool keep Kloop and City keep Pep its just gonna be constant. Chelsea are alwayts gonna be there, I hate them but their setup is brilliant for just replacing head coaches.

Cant see it, Liverpool keep Kloop and City keep Pep its just gonna be constant. Chelsea are alwayts gonna be there, I hate them but their setup is brilliant for just replacing head coaches.
And you would have said the said when there were other duopolies, or when Utd were winning 3 in a row. These things come to an end.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
And you would have said the said when there were other duopolies, or when Utd were winning 3 in a row. These things come to an end.
Very different times, United were dominant when they were the richest team in the league who just bought as they pleased. Football changed when Roman bough Chelsea and even more so when City were bought. Liverpool have been the anomaly with a good manager and responsible ambitions owners.

Chief123

Pep is potentially leaving next summer or the summer after. Klopp has said he’s leaving when his contract is up.

Once them two have gone it’s anyone’s game really. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chelsea or Utd win it in the next few years with their spending power.