Spurs Documentary: All or nothing

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just watched the 3 and surprisingly enjoyed them, I thought it would be awful after seeing the fake feck you at the turned off tv snippet but it’s enjoyable.

I was watching it think jeez Harry Kanes pre match little gee ups are shocking and then the one match mourhino asked him who’s taking the talk, clearly implying that he would himself, and it was a lot better than what Kane would Have said. The speech he gave after that match about it being Christmas and something something let’s win, I had to laugh.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Very different times, United were dominant when they were the richest team in the league who just bought as they pleased. Football changed when Roman bough Chelsea and even more so when City were bought.
United still won 3 leagues in a row after Roman bought Chelsea and also continued to win even beyond that. Short memories

Very different times, United were dominant when they were the richest team in the league who just bought as they pleased. Football changed when Roman bough Chelsea and even more so when City were bought.
You e probed my point, these teams come to an end, and are replaced. Utd are still one of the richest clubs in the world, and will spend the money needed to challenge, it’s now being property, rather than what’s happened since Fergie left. I get that you are defeatist, as clearly spurs won’t be challenging for the title, but Utd will be in the next 2-3 years.

To think it’s going to be Liverpool and City in perpetuity ignores history. In the last 7 years, 5 clubs have won the league.

Redfrog

I enjoyed the show to be honest. It is nice to watch about the season you just watched.

José is the showrunner. The guy just move to be at the center of everything so all this José is a nice guy is a kind of a trick to me. Could not see an honest guy to be so happy with all this cameras around him. Je looks as a teenager un need of attention.

I know Dele had some good game after his face to face with José but I was almost laughing laud with this speech. He is litteraly saying to a young guy that time flies and that he will become old. Did you ever listent to that kind of thing when you where young ? It is just a speech from a boring old guy. When you are young you think about present not about being about to get old. Precisely time flies because when you are young you are young forever if you get me.

José is sh*t psychologist in my view. Would like to see his third season syndrome at Spurs on Amazon, that would be gold.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Pep is potentially leaving next summer or the summer after. Klopp has said he’s leaving when his contract is up.

Once them two have gone it’s anyone’s game really. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chelsea or Utd win it in the next few years with their spending power.
We will agree to disagree.

Chief123

You e probed my point, these teams come to an end, and are replaced. Utd are still one of the richest clubs in the world, and will spend the money needed to challenge, it’s now being property, rather than what’s happened since Fergie left. I get that you are defeatist, as clearly spurs won’t be challenging for the title, but Utd will be in the next 2-3 years.

To think it’s going to be Liverpool and City in perpetuity ignores history. In the last 7 years, 5 clubs have won the league.
As a Utd fan I’m not ashamed to admit that Utd will buy their way to success. We’ve already tried it but made some terrible signings.

Since Ole has come in, we have started making the right signings. Especially Bruno, AWB and Macguire and VDB looks a perfect profile too.

If we get Sancho in along with a world class Centre back in the next 12 months there’s no reason we can’t challenge. As long as Utd keep spending but spending it correctly.

cyberman

Very different times, United were dominant when they were the richest team in the league who just bought as they pleased. Football changed when Roman bough Chelsea and even more so when City were bought. Liverpool have been the anomaly with a good manager and responsible ambitions owners.
Sir Alex won 3 titles in a row, reached 3 CL finals in 4 years with his hands tied behind his back financially.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

See your argument to my thought are based on the team I support? I'm here because I like United, its why I am a member here, your go to rebuttal is "you are a Spurs fan", there is no point in me truing to put my opinions across cause that is your go to answer. I don't know how else to say it without sounding like a dick, United were dominant for what 10 years? But you discount that for any other club, its totally illogical.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Sir Alex won 3 titles in a row, reached 3 CL finals in 4 years with his hands tied behind his back financially.
Now come on? Really you are ignoring the freak talent that came out of your academy within 5-10 years? Again were way off topic here, im not trying to slag United off, I am starting how i see it from my view point.

Chief123

See your argument to my thought are based on team I support? I'm here because I like United, its why I am a member here, your go to rebuttal is "you are a Spurs fan", there is no point in me truing to put my opinions across cause that is your go to answer. I don't know how else to say it without sounding like a dick, United were dominant for what 10 years? But you discount that for any other club, its totally illogical.
You’ve made some fair points and going back to your question of Ole being capable of leading us to a title.

In my heart, I didn’t feel he could and still have some doubts he is our long term solution.

But the truth is we have constantly been improving under him. As time has gone on, we seem to have got back on track. Players are all happy, team spirit is good and we are playing some good football. There is a clear sign of progression. While we keep progressing and improving then there’s no reason we shouldn’t continue with Ole. Until we get to a point that we’ve become stagnant or we’re not seeing any clear improvements, then that’s the point to say maybe ole has taken us as far as he can. But for now, we’ve continued to get better under him in many aspects of the club. Most importantly with recruitment.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You’ve made some fair points and going back to your question of Ole being capable of leading us to a title.

In my heart, I didn’t feel he could and still have some doubts he is our long term solution.

But the truth is we have constantly been improving under him. As time has gone on, we seem to have got back on track. Players are all happy, team spirit is good and we are playing some good football. There is a clear sign of progression. While we keep progressing and improving then there’s no reason we shouldn’t continue with Ole. Until we get to a point that we’ve become stagnant or we’re not seeing any clear improvements, then that’s the point to say maybe ole has taken us as far as he can. But for now, we’ve continued to get better under him in many aspects of the club. Most importantly with recruitment.
I agree with all of that.

See your argument to my thought are based on team I support? I'm here because I like United, its why I am a member here, your go to rebuttal is "you are a Spurs fan", there is no point in me truing to put my opinions across cause that is your go to answer. I don't know how else to say it without sounding like a dick, United were dominant for what 10 years? But you discount that for any other club, its totally illogical.
As even you stated, it’s a different time. It’s very different to when Utd dominates or when Liverpool did in the 70s/80s. It’s far, far more competitive.

Utd can outspend Liverpool, and will do so over the next few years (but clearly we need to sign the right players). It’s a far more competitive league now than in the 90’s. As I said, 5 teams winning the PL in the last 7 years points to a league that is cyclical. This isn’t Spain, Germany or France. If you think Liverpool and City are going to dominate, then fine, let’s revisit in 3 years and see who is right.

You contradict yourself by putting Chelsea in as challengers after buying 4-5 players. Just shows how quickly things can change.

cyberman

Now come on? Really you are ignoring the freak talent that came out of your academy within 5-10 years?
Who? The only 3 academy graduates during that time was an aging Giggs, Scholes and Wes Brown.
Sir Alex was busy buying 3 little known players from Portugal and winning it all with them.
Vidic and Evra on cheap deals, buying Fulhams keeper, getting laughed at for spending 16m on Carrick.
Even then, bringing youth through is a skill. From the class of 92 he brought Pique and Pogba through the reserves since then. Turned 18 yo Ronaldo into what he became. Won every other league title, only losing leagues by a point or goal difference. Should have won the league against big bad Man City with Welbeck up top and Cleverly in midfield v Aguero, Yaya etc.
Thats not luck. He brought through kids and won leagues. Spent money and won leagues. Operated on a budget and won leagues.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
As even you stated, it’s a different time. It’s very different to when Utd dominates or when Liverpool did in the 70s/80s. It’s far, far more competitive.

Utd can outspend Liverpool, and will do so over the next few years (but clearly we need to sign the right players). It’s a far more competitive league now than in the 90’s. As I said, 5 teams winning the PL in the last 7 years points to a league that is cyclical. This isn’t Spain, Germany or France. If you think Liverpool and City are going to dominate, then fine, let’s revisit in 3 years and see who is right.

You contradict yourself by putting Chelsea in as challengers after buying 4-5 players. Just shows how quickly things can change.
I stated Chelsea as they clearly can change managers at a farts end and still win on a regular basis, if Frank gets off to a shocker they will simply replace him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Who? The only 3 academy graduates during that time was an aging Giggs, Scholes and Wes Brown.
Sir Alex was busy buying 3 little known players from Portugal and winning it all with them.
Vidic and Evra on cheap deals, buying Fulhams keeper, getting laughed at for spending 16m on Carrick.
Even then, bringing youth through is a skill. From the class of 92 he brought Pique and Pogba through the reserves since then. Turned 18 yo Ronaldo into what he became. Won every other league title, only losing leagues by a point or goal difference. Should have won the league against big bad Man City with Welbeck up top and Cleverly in midfield v Aguero, Yaya etc.
Thats not luck. He brought through kids and won leagues. Spent money and won leagues. Operated on a budget and won leagues.
Fergie was the best club manager of all time for me anyway, when I said "academy" I mean using youth players and making good players great ones also. Don't think that all other team supporters on here don't see that. Making players like Butt, Fletcher, O'shea, Evans, Gibson into title winners.... that is a talant.

CM

I dont think he has any chance, I dont think Jose has any chance, the rest of us are simply to far behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea, IMO anyway.
Wheels came off a bit for City last season and Liverpool's only outfield signings over the last 2 seasons have been Minamino and Tsimikas. That could change, but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that one of those two could be caught up.

I don't think any of the chasing pack have done enough yet to break in but it's never as far as you think.

binary bot
Watching the second episode. He really does love Dier :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Finished the second episode, I’m actually surprised how funny Dele Alli is. Seems like a nice lad too. Another victim of media brainwashing perhaps.

Gazza

Very different times, United were dominant when they were the richest team in the league who just bought as they pleased. Football changed when Roman bough Chelsea and even more so when City were bought. Liverpool have been the anomaly with a good manager and responsible ambitions owners.
We had a positive/even net spend up to 1998 and pretty much dominated the league to that point as well. Read a book, lad! :)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This can be summed up as:

Levy: My job is so hard. All I care about is the community.

Mourinho: Win the second balls. Be bastards, not nice.

Dele Allí: Do you put water on your toothbrush before or after the toothpaste?

Mourinho says the same thing every pre-match and half time. “I see 11 nice guys, you have to be bastards.”. Haven’t seen a single piece of tactical coaching.

Eddy_JukeZ

This can be summed up as:

Levy: My job is so hard. All I care about is the community.

Mourinho: Win the second balls. Be bastards, not nice.

Dele Allí: Do you put water on your toothbrush before or after the toothpaste?

Mourinho says the same thing every pre-match and half time. “I see 11 nice guys, you have to be bastards.”. Haven’t seen a single piece of tactical coaching.
Highly doubt the club would okay that being recorded though.

Highly doubt the club would okay that being recorded though.
There have been things, like Jose telling the right back to get up and attack - and low and behold he scored...

The reality is that you can’t go into massive detail at halftime with players, they can’t remember a great deal of detail.

Chief123

maybe Not. His team talks are highly unimpressive though from what we have seen
I did wonder about the lack of tactics and key detail going into games but its understandable too. Most of a team talk is going to be focused on how to hurt the opponents and how to protect yourself from being hurt by them. I'd imagine Jose and the club wouldn't want that being disclosed as they would come up against these opponents again in the future. Editing can make it look good or bad.

0161_UNITED

Were going off thread here, but do you think Ole will win you the league? Harry had us playing some lovely stuff, never thought he would win us much.
I won’t touch the question about whether Ole would win the league, but I suspect the question beneath the question is really ... Would you prefer better football or results?

So let’s take a look at this logic:
Mourinho came 2nd and won the Europa League
Van Gaal won the FA Cup
Therefore, we should prefer Van Gaal and Mou to Ole.

This is wrong in my opinion. Since Ole came in the football became more enjoyable (although there was, and still is, a very concerning between his first run and when we signed Bruno that was rough waters).

If we consider results only, 99 should be my favourite season. It’s bloody well up there, but if I had to rank my favourite seasons 93 is tops, 96 (Cantona’s last season), 99, the year we signed Rooney, then ‘08. So, my point is my favourite seasons don’t always correlate to success. I’d be so so bold as the rank this season with Ole above the season before we signed RvP, which was a dreadful time (time heals all wounds, but this place was a mess, “Fire Fergie, sack Giggs, can he play in a 2 man midfield?”)

Watching Tottenham over the years, the football under Jol, ‘Arry and Pochettino was better, and at time far better, than under Mou. I think the football, while at times worrying and concerning, has been better than under LvG and Mou.

I’m never opposed to winning a title or cup, mind. I do feel a bit sad for those who’d rate results over the quality of football. There’s plenty of United teams who came up short against Pool, Arsenal, Chelsea, (Or when f’ing Leeds won the title, Jesus that one still grinds my gears), from the late 80’s to now that I prefer over the team Mou took to 2nd, or the one LvG won the FA Cup with.

I’ve always been of the opinion that the quality football and the quality of players that matters more than the results, because that’s what makes the results happen. That’s what makes me love the game. So can Ole win is the the title? Dunno, but the football’s getting better, just it did eventually when Fergie came in. (Full disclosure: Big Ron had us playing good footie too at times to be fair, with Captain Marvel, et al., and United fans criminally underrate that time period)

Shiva87

Anyone know why they mention the United game then basically skip over it whereas with others mentioned they go more in-depth?
Because the narrcisistic Jose may have made a big deal of beating United, and hyping up his team for the match against United. Would have been a blockbuster episode if they had won.

All that hysteria and then a loss would not have been good for the PR machine so it was left out. Would be great to get the actual footage.

manuchamp88

Because the narrcisistic Jose may have made a big deal of beating United, and hyping up his team for the match against United. Would have been a blockbuster episode if they had won.

All that hysteria and then a loss would not have been good for the PR machine so it was left out. Would be great to get the actual footage.
I can imagine that being true. Plus, someone on this thread has since said that United apparently didn't give permission to film.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can’t imagine United would ever be up for this sort of thing but the insight would be great. The trouble is you’d want it to be warts and all or else it wouldn’t really be that interesting.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I quite like it. Watched all 3 episodes. Good watch if you got nothing else to see. Jose is box office and I hope they do one for United. Would love to see the behind the scenes at our club.

Chief123

I won’t touch the question about whether Ole would win the league, but I suspect the question beneath the question is really ... Would you prefer better football or results?

So let’s take a look at this logic:
Mourinho came 2nd and won the Europa League
Van Gaal won the FA Cup
Therefore, we should prefer Van Gaal and Mou to Ole.

This is wrong in my opinion. Since Ole came in the football became more enjoyable (although there was, and still is, a very concerning between his first run and when we signed Bruno that was rough waters).

If we consider results only, 99 should be my favourite season. It’s bloody well up there, but if I had to rank my favourite seasons 93 is tops, 96 (Cantona’s last season), 99, the year we signed Rooney, then ‘08. So, my point is my favourite seasons don’t always correlate to success. I’d be so so bold as the rank this season with Ole above the season before we signed RvP, which was a dreadful time (time heals all wounds, but this place was a mess, “Fire Fergie, sack Giggs, can he play in a 2 man midfield?”)

Watching Tottenham over the years, the football under Jol, ‘Arry and Pochettino was better, and at time far better, than under Mou. I think the football, while at times worrying and concerning, has been better than under LvG and Mou.

I’m never opposed to winning a title or cup, mind. I do feel a bit sad for those who’d rate results over the quality of football. There’s plenty of United teams who came up short against Pool, Arsenal, Chelsea, (Or when f’ing Leeds won the title, Jesus that one still grinds my gears), from the late 80’s to now that I prefer over the team Mou took to 2nd, or the one LvG won the FA Cup with.

I’ve always been of the opinion that the quality football and the quality of players that matters more than the results, because that’s what makes the results happen. That’s what makes me love the game. So can Ole win is the the title? Dunno, but the football’s getting better, just it did eventually when Fergie came in. (Full disclosure: Big Ron had us playing good footie too at times to be fair, with Captain Marvel, et al., and United fans criminally underrate that time period)
Absolutely spot on. Couldn’t agree more.

In football, if you get a team spirit and the team is enjoying its football then anything is possible.
Who thought Ranieri could win a league title?
Who thought Di Matteo could win the champions league for Chelsea?
Who thought Zidane would come in as a caretaker manager and go on to win the european cup 3 times in a row?

All 3 of them built a team spirit and rode the waves with it.

0161_UNITED

Absolutely spot on. Couldn’t agree more.

In football, if you get a team spirit and the team is enjoying its football then anything is possible.
Who thought Ranieri could win a league title?
Who thought Di Matteo could win the champions league for Chelsea?
Who thought Zidane would come in as a caretaker manager and go on to win the european cup 3 times in a row?

All 3 of them built a team spirit and rode the waves with it.
Yup. Watch this from 14:17:

Full disclosure: that's Jamie Jackson who covers United from the Guardian, who is apparently going to write a book with Ole's cooperation as he reveals in this video since Ole took over as full-time manager, so he might have some bias :).

For me, it's pretty damn insightful starting at 14:17 to 21:17. I think that sums up how I feel about Ole and Mou.

To be fair, in parts, for anyone who would watch this interview in its entirety is probably the most insightful view we've had into the club in a long, long time. The interviewer is pants, because the focus on future transfers themselves seems rather dodgy and forced, I'd have much rather focused on the insights into the club. Of course, I'll get slated by the Jamie Jackson haters :)

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Aside from the comments made about Jose and the players - it also feels like a "Lets make Levy look like a nice bloke documentary". Hell Levy himself basically admits that in the opening moments of e1 by talking about how people perceive him in a wrong way.

P. S. It irked me their smart board in the player briefing room is running MacOS :lol:

Flexdegea

Now come on? Really you are ignoring the freak talent that came out of your academy within 5-10 years? Again were way off topic here, im not trying to slag United off, I am starting how i see it from my view point.
You a good poster. Yet you project Spurs being average on united.

You sound like every other spurs fan from Belfast :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

I dont think he has any chance, I dont think Jose has any chance, the rest of us are simply to far behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea, IMO anyway.
Chelsea have shown nothing to be grouped with City and Liverpool.

Ludicrous view.

Chief123

Yup. Watch this from 14:17:

Full disclosure: that's Jamie Jackson who covers United from the Guardian, who is apparently going to write a book with Ole's cooperation as he reveals in this video since Ole took over as full-time manager, so he might have some bias :).

For me, it's pretty damn insightful starting at 14:17 to 21:17. I think that sums up how I feel about Ole and Mou.

To be fair, in parts, for anyone who would watch this interview in its entirety is probably the most insightful view we've had into the club in a long, long time. The interviewer is pants, because the focus on future transfers themselves seems rather dodgy and forced, I'd have much rather focused on the insights into the club. Of course, I'll get slated by the Jamie Jackson haters :)
Ironic you sent this. I watched the whole video two nights ago. It was really insightful and shows the impact Ole has had. A lot of people just make judgment on him based on him coming across as a soft nice guy in front of the media. I genuinely believe he has learnt a lot from Sir Alex than people give him credit for.