Spurs Documentary: All or nothing

cyberman

Aside from the comments made about Jose and the players - it also feels like a "Lets make Levy look like a nice bloke documentary". Hell Levy himself basically admits that in the opening moments of e1 by talking about how people perceive him in a wrong way.

P. S. It irked me their smart board in the player briefing room is running MacOS :lol:
I never knew he was so short. Maybe short man syndrome is why hes a dick in negotiations.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I found it strange how he just pops in mourhinos office and then the manager justifying team changes and explaining his reasons. Just didn’t expect that

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I found it strange how he just pops in mourhinos office and then the manager justifying team changes and explaining his reasons. Just didn’t expect that
Let's be real here, it's not like they had a camera in Mourinho's office all day and just filmed everything. So anything shown in that office is obviously setup before and everyone involved also knows it will be recorded (not to mention the horribly staged "feck off" moment by Mourinho).

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Let's be real here, it's not like they had a camera in Mourinho's office all day and just filmed everything. So anything shown in that office is obviously setup before and everyone involved also knows it will be recorded (not to mention the horribly staged "feck off" moment by Mourinho).
I agree with all that yeah, it’s clearly staged but to even think of staging that. Unless it’s to make levy look all interested and how pally they are. It was just a weird conversation

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Wish they had done an All or Nothing series when we had Van Gaal. Would have been better than Mourinho. That guy was absolute bonkers. Would have loved to see his pre match meetings.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They are clearly the anomaly, good club management, excellent scouting and a world class manager.
Meh, their transfer strategy was atrocious before Klopp came in. Liverpool fans probably still have nightmares about 2014/15 when they lined up with Lambert, Borini and Balotelli.

To be more nuanced, it was a hit and miss strategy. Sturridge/Coutinho were good buys (in a January window) but after that, it was mostly mediocre.

Klopp is genuinely the biggest reason why Liverpool are in the state they're now, IMO.

Eddy_JukeZ

They are clearly the anomaly, good club management, excellent scouting and a world class manager.
So why did you group them all together?

Makes no sense. Pretty sure you grouped them in terms of title contention initially and pivoted away from it.

Fluctuation0161

Very different times, United were dominant when they were the richest team in the league who just bought as they pleased. Football changed when Roman bough Chelsea and even more so when City were bought. Liverpool have been the anomaly with a good manager and responsible ambitions owners.
We were outspent by many clubs during the 90s. Liverpool for example. Even Newcastle United outspent us for a period.

There is an interesting graphic on football club transfer spend over the years. Worth a look.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Disappointed with the lack of tactical insight into Mourinho. That is the single biggest factor behind his decline as manager.

cyberman

He doesnt cover hinself in glory with Sons injury. The player doesnt want an xray so should he have one is using the ignorance is bliss excuse.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Haven’t seen this yet. Is it The Jose Show as expected?

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if this documentary is the reason they binned Poch, doesn’t seem like a particularly TV friendly figure, as opposed to Jose.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So why did you group them all together?

Makes no sense. Pretty sure you grouped them in terms of title contention initially and pivoted away from it.
What 3 clubs have won the title the most in the last 10 years? The bookies have yourselves, City, Liverpool and Chelsea as the favourites, don't know why your so against the thought, but its all opinions.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Haven’t seen this yet. Is it The Jose Show as expected?

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if this documentary is the reason they binned Poch, doesn’t seem like a particularly TV friendly figure, as opposed to Jose.
It was being made from the start of the season, binned all the Poch stuff when he was sacked.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We were outspent by many clubs during the 90s. Liverpool for example. Even Newcastle United outspent us for a period.

There is an interesting graphic on football club transfer spend over the years. Worth a look.
You did have the best club manager of all time though which clearly helped.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Again I’m surprised how close it all is, like him saying tell Daniel I’m looking for him, as if they all just wander around the complex together. I honestly thought the chairmen would be out of the way a bit, not just have players wandering around looking for them to moan they ain’t playing.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Don't see anything wrong with what Rose is saying there.
Good to see a player wanting to play.
I agree, it’s actually interesting to see how that conversation goes (although it’s hard to say as they’re probably acting).

Great managers can keep part time players happy,

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I started watching the City one yesterday out of curiosity to see what it was like compared to this. It makes Spurs look like Sunday League in comparison.

Chief123

It was quite nice to see Jose showing his emotional side cause his dog died. He has a soft side as well.

I’ve just seen Danny Rose standing up to Jose. That was quality to watch!

SparkedIntoLife

Is it me or does Tom Hardy sound silly in his narration? Like he's putting on a really unnatural, posh 'epic' voice?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Rose section is really interesting. It seems like an undercurrent of this portrait of Jose so far has been that he has his favourites, who he basically keeps above everybody else. His treatment of Alli for example, who seems to get away with everything despite being 'a shit trainer'. Son and Kane too.

It's not a point lost on people, including us who know how easily he alienates players. Perhaps this is the root cause?

Edit: Dier too

saivet

Disappointed with the lack of tactical insight into Mourinho. That is the single biggest factor behind his decline as manager.
I've been thinking this, maybe he didn't want it included (or there is more in future episodes) but all he seems to talk about is passion, winning battles and also what he has accomplished in his career. From what I recall, the City documentary had a lot more insight into tactical plans and analysis.

Chief123

It’s surprising Spurs managed to get Bergwijn for 27m euros! When you see some of the prices being banded around for average prem players, that’s an absolute steal!

DevilRed

Absolute cringefest.

Too bad they didn't film this during a season in which mourinho will inevitably be getting the sack.

RedStarUnited

Aside from the comments made about Jose and the players - it also feels like a "Lets make Levy look like a nice bloke documentary". Hell Levy himself basically admits that in the opening moments of e1 by talking about how people perceive him in a wrong way.

P. S. It irked me their smart board in the player briefing room is running MacOS :lol:
Why?

MuFc_1992

Just started watching it. Looks like amazon really hit the jackpot with Mourhino.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Because the narrcisistic Jose may have made a big deal of beating United, and hyping up his team for the match against United. Would have been a blockbuster episode if they had won.

All that hysteria and then a loss would not have been good for the PR machine so it was left out. Would be great to get the actual footage.
No... it's because Utd blocked filming. This has been stated multiple times in this thread.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Absolutely unreal episodes that have come out today. The Rose, Eriksen and Bergwijn stuff was fascinating.