Television Star Trek

Big Andy

Bloke
thats the one, a trully dreafill ep, one of the worst in the whole of Trek
Even worse than the one where Tom Paris breaks warp 10, turns into a lizard, kidnaps and has sex/babies with Janeway, who is also a lizard?

This is also the episode where despite being a scrap merchant and a chef, Neelix solves a problem using his intricate knowledge of warp theory to solve a problem that the Starfleet engineers puzzled over for months.

pauldyson1uk

Even worse than the one where Tom Paris breaks warp 10, turns into a lizard, kidnaps and has sex/babies with Janeway, who is also a lizard?

This is also the episode where despite being a scrap merchant and a chef, Neelix solves a problem using his intricate knowledge of warp theory to solve a problem that the Starfleet engineers puzzled over for months.
OH I had forgot about those.

stevoc

At least we only had to suffer like 3 seasons of Kes before she turned into angry bad acting Kes that turned into some celestial alien? We were stuck with that lame character for the entire duration.
Could be imagining it as I didn't watch it much. But was Kes the one who was only 8 or 9 but got horny all the time and tried to feck everyone?

dinostar77

SNW episode 2, was truly excellent. Gripping in an unexpected way.

This show is a high watermark for the star trek franchise.

jasT1981

Prodigy has been cancelled. It will be pulled from Paramount+ and season 2 will be finished and a new network looked for.

dinostar77

Prodigy has been cancelled. It will be pulled from Paramount+ and season 2 will be finished and a new network looked for.

For a brief moment i thought of Lower Decks. Need more of that show. Never watched Prodigy too kiddish for me.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I kind of did things out of order: i binged Picard. Really got back into Star Trek, then binged SNW S1. Then started Discovery. Should I plow through those seasons first and then get back to SNW S2?

bucky

I kind of did things out of order: i binged Picard. Really got back into Star Trek, then binged SNW S1. Then started Discovery. Should I plow through those seasons first and then get back to SNW S2?
I don't think Discovery is worth it.

Big Andy

Bloke
SNW episode 2, was truly excellent. Gripping in an unexpected way.

This show is a high watermark for the star trek franchise.
Its great, I much prefer the standalone episode of the week (with an overarching story running through the season) than a full season long story arc (although Picard is exempted from this as it was basically a 10 episode movie).

Anson Mount is great as Pike.

stevoc

Don't bother with Discovery, skip season 1 & 2 of Picard (especially season 2) if you haven't already watched them all. Then go straight to Strange New Worlds.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Its great, I much prefer the standalone episode of the week (with an overarching story running through the season) than a full season long story arc (although Picard is exempted from this as it was basically a 10 episode movie).

Anson Mount is great as Pike.
I couldn't get on board with Picard, S3 was not so bad but it certainly took a lot of liberties to push the story along and ultimately we've done the whole "Picard saves the universe, again" bollocks so many bloody times. It was a much better send off than S1 and S2 though.

Discovery is just rubbish, I stopped watching after S3 and that was a real struggle. The characters were all so unlikable.

stevoc

I couldn't get on board with Picard, S3 was not so bad but it certainly took a lot of liberties to push the story along and ultimately we've done the whole "Picard saves the universe, again" bollocks so many bloody times. It was a much better send off than S1 and S2 though.

Discovery is just rubbish, I stopped watching after S3 and that was a real struggle. The characters were all so unlikable.
This was main problem with Discovery and Picard for me. In Discovery first they save the galaxy, then space and time, then the entire universe. Yawn. Wish they'd just write a fecking decent story that doesn't involve a cast of largely unrelatable, poorly fleshed out characters jumping from A to B for no rhyme or reason just to move the story along to the inevitable climax where Michael saves the day.

Picard should have been a much slower show about his life/career and relationships with his former crew. Not jumping around space and time saving everyone while becoming a fecking robot.

Big Andy

Bloke

IT's telling that after 4 series, I still can't name half of the bridge staff off Discovery.

Parma Dewol

Need to watch Picard and Strange New Worlds. Does it matter which order in the grand scheme of things?

pauldyson1uk

NLunited

I agree Discovery went downhill in the last seasons. I did enjoy the alternate universe with the evil badass empress.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Need to watch Picard and Strange New Worlds. Does it matter which order in the grand scheme of things?
Don''t waste your time with season 2 of Picard. It was made during COVID and they seem to have hired terrible writers for that season, which resulted in terrible Trek.

NLunited

Don''t waste your time with season 2 of Picard. It was made during COVID and they seem to have hired terrible writers for that season, which ended up in terrible Trek.
First season is okayish, second is trash.

Big Andy

Bloke
There's Michael and one called Stamets I think.

After that haven't a scooby.
There's the helmswoman with the odd coloured eyes and the shaved side of her head, the robot woman, tall gangly fella with a weird head, bloke off the bridge who presses buttons, black woman who sits next to ginger helmswoman, gay doctor, gay engineer, and probably more that i can't remember.