Film Star wars episode 9 sub title leaked?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hell, I had fifty quid on Sock Monsters of the Ganges.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thats actually shit tbf.

Last Jedi was shit too tbf.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't like the shading of the font. They've ruined Star Wars for everyone.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thats actually shit tbf.

So was The Force Awakens to be fair. Titles are shit nowadays though so at least it wasn't ": Resurgence" or ": Retribution" or ": Knights of The Old Republic"

Actually, wait, that's fecking brilliant. I'm off to Hollywood...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I also like the "Experience it in IMAX" followed by bunch of places and services that aren't IMAX. It looks like a Nascar sponsorship frenzy.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Over saturation has killed the magic of Star Wars for me. That and the perpetual nerd rage over every little nitpickety thing about it.

Hoof the ball

A little off-topic but I read something about the Mandela Effect. Something about lots of people mis-remembering something over time. For eg. I'm not the only one who somehow didn't realise that C3PO has always had an odd leg coloured in silver!

Shark

@NotShark
Over saturation has killed the magic of Star Wars for me. That and the perpetual nerd rage over every little nitpickety thing about it.
Everyone and their dog knew that once Disney took over Star Wars they'd be shitting out Star Wars movies like they're episodes of a TV show. This was never going to end well.

beedoubleyou

Everyone and their dog knew that once Disney took over Star Wars they'd be shitting out Star Wars movies like they're episodes of a TV show. This was never going to end well.
It's gone very well so far, Solo aside, which, to be fair, was fine. Not terrible, but not good either.

Thats actually shit tbf.

I thought The Last Jedi was a great title, and the second or third best Star Wars movie REALLY!

This title is not so good. Though I thought The Force Awakens sounded stupid and I love that movie.

If this is the end of the Skywalker saga, could do with a more bombastic title. It's not gonna make the movie better or worse either way though, is it?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It's gone very well so far, Solo aside, which, to be fair, was fine. Not terrible, but not good either.

I thought The Last Jedi was a great title, and the second or third best Star Wars movie REALLY!

This title is not so good. Though I thought The Force Awakens sounded stupid and I love that movie.

If this is the end of the Skywalker saga, could do with a more bombastic title. It's not gonna make the movie better or worse either way though, is it?
I personally found last jedi boring as feck.

Shark

@NotShark
I haven't even watched Solo and probably never will. Thought TLJ was a complete disaster of a movie personally, rather Star Wars is in the title, or not.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think it’s fake. I’ve seen that somewhere before.

2 man midfield

I haven't even watched Solo and probably never will. Thought TLJ was a complete disaster of a movie personally, rather Star Wars is in the title, or not.
Solo was the only one of the Disney movies I actually liked. I too thought the others were complete shit, but it’s nothing like them. I actually enjoyed it.

2 man midfield

What happened to the Kenobi movie? I thought Ewan McGregor was signed on to come back and play him?
I have no idea, I’d probably go and see that though. I don’t really have much interest in the ‘new star wars’ but I thought McGregor was probably the best thing about the prequels.

settembrini

I thought the Last Jedi was a disaster as well but Solo is surprisingly good. Definitely worth a watch if you are in the mood for a fun sci-fi adventure.

Chairman Steve

Red Letter Media summed up present day Star Wars perfectly with their overall premise: It's a really small universe despite having endless possibilities on paper

They essentially trapped themselves into having to have Jedis, lightsabers, Empire vs Rebels, Stormtroopers etc into every film now. How can you have cinematic universe if you're so constrained to these must-have elements in every outing? You could probably blame Lucas on merchandising the feck out of Star Wars on causing that.

My love for Star Wars died after I saw Attack of the Clones. Even as a 13 year old I thought "Wow this is really awful" and I dragged myself to see Revenge of the Sith for the sake of closure and since then I've not given two shits about Star Wars. The original trilogy is great cinema. Phantom Menace is a guilty pleasure.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

Red Letter Media summed up present day Star Wars perfectly with their overall premise: It's a really small universe despite having endless possibilities on paper

They essentially trapped themselves into having to have Jedis, lightsabers, Empire vs Rebels, Stormtroopers etc into every film now. How can you have cinematic universe if you're so constrained to these must-have elements in every outing? You could probably blame Lucas on merchandising the feck out of Star Wars on causing that.

My love for Star Wars died after I saw Attack of the Clones. Even as a 13 year old I thought "Wow this is really awful" and I dragged myself to see Revenge of the Sith for the sake of closure and since then I've not given two shits about Star Wars. The original trilogy is great cinema. Phantom Menace is a guilty pleasure.
One thing I'll always give the prequels, and George Lucas credit for is that he didn't rest on his laurels in terms of trying to create new worlds, creatures, etc. He could have used much of the same from the OT, but he didn't and instead attempted to create lots of different species and worlds. The new trilogy, however, is much more tentative in its risk-taking in that aspect.

Chairman Steve

Yeah, especially that the sequel trilogy appears to be just hitting the old notes for those cheap nostalgic thrills. Lucas at least tried to make something different but still retained that Star Wars feel, shame he didn't execute it well. He probably could have if he didn't get rid of all the people who challenged him idea-wise, and then no-one dared too because he was the creator of Star Wars and it was his child and no-one should tell him how to raise his child so to speak.

I get the feeling Kingdom of the Crystal Skull could have been worse than we'd think, if it wasn't for Spielberg challenging him creatively. Spielberg made that movie between passable to decent instead of poor to passable.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

The new trilogy (assuming it still gets made, no guarantee after the Last Jedi backlash) could be something that takes a new direction. Maybe Solo's box office has hinted to them that you can't milk the nostalgia forever.

You gotta have lightsabers though. My sole demand.

The new trilogy (assuming it still gets made, no guarantee after the Last Jedi backlash) could be something that takes a new direction. Maybe Solo's box office has hinted to them that you can't milk the nostalgia forever.

You gotta have lightsabers though. My sole demand.
It's Disney, we'll never get something bold, I'm sorry to say.

The new Dune though, now there's something to look forward to.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The last jedi is a steaming pile of shit.

Its a complete farce from start to finish.

SerenityValley

What happened to the Kenobi movie? I thought Ewan McGregor was signed on to come back and play him?
I dunno but I don’t think they’ll be making a Qui-gon Jinn movie, where Q goes around bashing Gungans with a Lightcosh.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's Disney, we'll never get something bold, I'm sorry to say.

The new Dune though, now there's something to look forward to.
Disney suck but I like the stuff Pixar put out. And the Last Jedi had its bold elements, certainly when taking into account the story it was handed to continue from 7.
it made more than a billion dollars they'll keep making for fecking ever
Was more thinking of the fact it's supposed to be created by Rian Johnson.