g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s only set ten years after Revenge of the Sith. Ewan McGregor would be closer to twenty years older.
He’s 20 years older yeah but he was aged up massively back then, he was only 29 or something. It doesn’t really look like he’s halfway between episode 3 and 4. It looks like he launched Anakin into his lava bath, had a rough weekend then got right back to it.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I assumed that Reva was the one of the younglings shown at the beginning of episode 1 and expect that to be expanded upon in the following episodes. If I'm wrong I've set myself up for a minor disappointment there. :lol:

Thoroughly enjoyed both episodes though, apart from the chase scenes with Leia. The first one with the mercs I thought looked especially ridiculous.

Dan

I assumed that Reva was the one of the younglings shown at the beginning of episode 1 and expect that to be expanded upon in the following episodes. If I'm wrong I've set myself up for a minor disappointment there. :lol:

Thoroughly enjoyed both episodes though, apart from the chase scenes with Leia. The first one with the mercs I thought looked especially ridiculous.
Yeah the slow running looked quite bad.

Mercurial

Added some comedy spice being chased by Flea also :wenger:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Meh. For all the hype, it's got lower production value than Hawkeye ffs.

Storyline's going to be pretty standard, no major shocks I expect. Too much retrofitting into an already composed storyline isn't particularly engaging or rewarding for a viewer, it's just easy money for studios.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The only two mild annoyances for me were the antagonist wasn't particularly convincing and a ten year old girl outrunning the goons chasing her through the forrest. The first is a casting problem, the 2nd a directing one.

Last edited:

choccy77

Yep, at the very start of episode 1 when the Jedi that is protecting the younglings gets killed, I think one of the younglings in that group is Reva herself.

I think we’ll get to know a lot more about her in this series in terms of how she was recruited to the dark side rather than killed.
I was actually dreading that they were gonna put Grogu in their getting Rescued... thankfully they didn't

choccy77

The only two mild annoyances for me were the antagonist wasn't particularly convincing and a ten year old girl outrunning the goons chasing her in the forrest. The first is a casting problem, the 2nd a directing one.
Yeah the camera angles were bad.

I mean she does have force powers and all, but obviously not active at this stage.

Her knowledge of the forest is one thing, but outrunning an adult after 2 or 3 steps is impossible.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah the camera angles were bad.

I mean she does have force powers and all, but obviously not active at this stage.

Her knowledge of the forest is one thing, but outrunning an adult after 2 or 3 steps is impossible.
I think they also went a bit over the top with attempting to make young Leia a sassy girl who delivers cheeky quips to illuminate audiences about her later personality speaking to Tarkin and Vader in Episode 4.

Last edited:

R'hllor

Good shit so far, only thing...guess same as most, that chase part,when that merc got blocked by downed branch/tree was laughing my ass off, how stupid that looked.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good shit so far, only thing...guess same as most, that chase part,when that merc got blocked by downed branch/tree was laughing my ass off, how stupid that looked.
Yeah it was borderline parody at how some of them just couldn't seem to catch up.

Last edited:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Really enjoyed the two episodes

I had avoiding spoilers in the lead up. Was it known that young Leah was in this?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

That chase scene was extremely dumb. Especially the dude just walking into that tree.

RedDevilRoshi

I was actually dreading that they were gonna put Grogu in their getting Rescued... thankfully they didn't
That would have been completely weird though as surely Grogu wouldn’t have been around then as isn’t The Mando/Grogu set after ROTJ? Then again, after the major disappointment of the Boba Fett series, I suppose it would have been completely unsurprising if they did put him in that scene!

That chase scene was extremely dumb. Especially the dude just walking into that tree.
That was fecking ridiculous :lol:

BristolRuss

That would have been completely weird though as surely Grogu wouldn’t have been around then as isn’t The Mando/Grogu set after ROTJ? Then again, after the major disappointment of the Boba Fett series, I suppose it would have been completely unsurprising if they did put him in that scene!

That was fecking ridiculous :lol:
Did you forget this bit from Book of Boba Fett?

decorativeed

I think we need to just accept this stuff ended in 1983. The vast majority of what has been made since has been absolutely shite, and this appears to be more of the same.

The writing is awful. It also bugs me that they've deliberately made this one look visually unappealing simply to pass off the look of the prequels as a stylistic choice rather than a product of underdeveloped 1999 tech.

WPMUFC

Both episodes were fine, nothing great, the biggest problem is the mustache-twirling villain....my god she is bad. I was laughing almost every time she was on screen. I can't tell if it's the writing or the acting but it's borderline unwatchable in her scenes. Well in fact the entire trio of Inquisitors were hammy but she took the cake.

Ewan is by far the only reason i'll finish the series.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Found both episodes overall enjoyable.
Weak points, as already pointed out here, were the unwillingly hilarious chase/parcour scenes of fleeing Leia and Reva on the hunt. Also Obi-Wan openly carrying his lightsaber even when boarding the ship on Tattooine and then all the time on Daiyu was worth a facepalm.
A positive to me was the internal power struggle of the Inquisitors, even though 3rd Sister offing the High Inquisitor felt pretty premature. Also it clashes with Rebels lore pretty needlessly, unless of course he doesn't stay dead, which is the starwarsest thing ever.
Personal nitpicking:
I didn't like that 3rd Sister knows Vader's origin and freely uses the name Anakin Skywalker. I feel like it should be a major taboo to use his name, especially for people directly reporting to Vader. Of course she needed to for the reveal of Anakin/Vader being alive to work, since to the best of my knowledge, Obi-Wan should have no idea that Anakin was given the name Darth Vader before their fiery duel. Still, don't like how they handled it.

choccy77

Disney have now added a disclaimer at the beginning of this episode after the Texas in incident

choccy77

Found both episodes overall enjoyable.
Weak points, as already pointed out here, were the unwillingly hilarious chase/parcour scenes of fleeing Leia and Reva on the hunt. Also Obi-Wan openly carrying his lightsaber even when boarding the ship on Tattooine and then all the time on Daiyu was worth a facepalm.
A positive to me was the internal power struggle of the Inquisitors, even though 3rd Sister offing the High Inquisitor felt pretty premature. Also it clashes with Rebels lore pretty needlessly, unless of course he doesn't stay dead, which is the starwarsest thing ever.
Personal nitpicking:
I didn't like that 3rd Sister knows Vader's origin and freely uses the name Anakin Skywalker. I feel like it should be a major taboo to use his name, especially for people directly reporting to Vader. Of course she needed to for the reveal of Anakin/Vader being alive to work, since to the best of my knowledge, Obi-Wan should have no idea that Anakin was given the name Darth Vader before their fiery duel. Still, don't like how they handled it.
Actually, Obi Wan and Yoda both saw the holo recording of him being crowned Darth Vader in ROTS.

It didnt sit with me either that a) she knew and b) she used his name.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Personally, I just liked the idea of Obi Wan being a boring, old hermit.

Everything needs to be explained though nowadays.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Actually, Obi Wan and Yoda both saw the holo recording of him being crowned Darth Vader in ROTS.

It didnt sit with me either that a) she knew and b) she used his name.
Well, then it's even more annoying as Obi-Wan could have realised it by himself.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think we need to just accept this stuff ended in 1983. The vast majority of what has been made since has been absolutely shite, and this appears to be more of the same.

The writing is awful. It also bugs me that they've deliberately made this one look visually unappealing simply to pass off the look of the prequels as a stylistic choice rather than a product of underdeveloped 1999 tech.
Agreed. Don't know why I thought this would be any different but the first 2 episodes were not good.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’ve slated everything Disney Star Wars have come out with pretty much, and even I liked the first two episodes. It’s a massive step up from the shlock they called the sequels.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I will die on the Rogue One hill. Best movie for adults in this universe largely made for kids.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I will die on the Rogue One hill. Best movie for adults in this universe largely made for kids.
I agree completely. Rogue 1 was awesome. Also the best Vader scene in the entire Star Wars universe.

Bebe

Glad others found the chase scene as hilarious as my mates and I did. We were genuinely howling with laughter.

decorativeed

The original three were good. Rogue One was good, and I've enjoyed Mando. Everything else has been thoroughly below average. All the money in the world thrown at poor stories, awful scripts and bad actors.

choccy77

The original three were good. Rogue One was good, and I've enjoyed Mando. Everything else has been thoroughly below average. All the money in the world thrown at poor stories, awful scripts and bad actors.
To be fair, Solo has gotten better over time.

The sequal trilogy was just such a mess and KK, JJ and RJ should all be ashamed of themselves.

I'd rather have seen Lucas' sequal over what Disney gave us.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Not sold on this. It seemed like they couldn't really decide on the tone of the show. Some of the Leia scenes felt like kids' daytime TV. The chases ffs. An adult would catch her in about four steps. You then have someone getting their hand cut off. I guess McGregor was alright, but the Inquisitors weren't exactly great. Flea felt out of place as well in his orange acid wash T-shirt.

Anyway, we'll see where it goes from here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
the part that annoyed me the most was the guy who helps obi wan, then proceeded to try and ‘distract’ Reva by pretending to be obi wan/a jedi himself?

obviously they know that’s not him + all he did was proceed to give away their plan. They’d have never have found him otherwise. annoying plot hole.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I like it so far, miles better than than tragic mess Boba Fett.

Although if it's reminded us of anything, with that recap it's certainly shown us again just how appalling the prequels are.

the part that annoyed me the most was the guy who helps obi wan, then proceeded to try and ‘distract’ Reva by pretending to be obi wan/a jedi himself?

obviously they know that’s not him + all he did was proceed to give away their plan. They’d have never have found him otherwise. annoying plot hole.
Yeah, first thing I said to the missus too. In fact there's more problems like that. But overall it's better than a lot that's come before, so I guess that's the best we can cling on to considering the rest of the tripe.