Stars and Reserves Draft - Winner: Gio

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Wow Smiley added Stoichkov. That's going to be one of the my favorite non-GOAT, no Brazilian front fours of all time

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Not very relevant at this stage, but I'm a bit surprised that the likes of Keizer (among the very best wingers in this pool, particularly beyond starred ones — with a peak of 5/9th in the Ballon d'Or) and Giresse (ceaselessly dynamic and versatile with Ballon d'Or runner-up credentials) weren't picked over 12 rounds in the initial selection. Especially considering both of them are clean fits in most situations with a proven record of excelling at the highest stage, and a wee bit better than some of the other players selected in similar-ish positions or roles. Then again, maybe I'm overestimating them because both were on Team @Jim Beam's shortlist (as was Bene: probably deserved a look in, too — 500+ career goals, positionally malleable, EURO 1964 top scorer, 1964 Olympics top scorer).

:drool:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not very relevant at this stage, but I'm a bit surprised that the likes of Keizer (among the very best wingers in this pool, particularly beyond starred ones — with a peak of 5/9th in the Ballon d'Or) and Giresse (ceaselessly dynamic and versatile with Ballon d'Or runner-up credentials) weren't picked over 12 rounds in the initial selection. Especially considering both of them are clean fits in most situations with a proven record of excelling at the highest stage, and a wee bit better than some of the other players selected in similar-ish positions or roles. Then again, maybe I'm overestimating them because both were on Team @Jim Beam's shortlist (as was Bene: probably deserved a look in, too — 500+ career goals, positionally malleable, EURO 1964 top scorer, 1964 Olympics top scorer).

:drool:
Certainly agree on Giresse. He was right up at the top of my non-starred AM list, with the added bonus of being able to play alongside a thoroughbred no10 should the need arise.

Skizzo

Is anyone able to throw together a quick write up/formation for me?

Gonna be knocking out soon, running on fumes here, and on the road tomorrow. Don’t wanna hold anything up.

Final reinforcement announcement

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany

@Šjor Bepo @Pat_Mustard @Gio

I welcome you to the final of the Stars & Reserves draft, I call this round the Rudi Aussauer round in honour of one of the most respected DOFs ever in German football, who passed away yesterday.

Let's have some more fun with reinforcements before the final gets going:)

R3 Final reinforcement round:

Before the round:

1. Choose one Star player from your squad, that player is protected
2. Choose one Star player from your opponent's squad without protection, that player gets dropped and is available for picking straight away

During the round:

3. Draft 1 Reserve player and 1 Star player in snake style, the Star player can't be from the same pool as the player that has been dropped. This means if a Star Defender has been dropped from your squad, you cannot pick another Star Defender.
So please send me a PM with the following:

Protect (own star player):
XXX

DROP (opponent's star player):
1. XXX
2. XXX
The second player on the drop list is the back up in case of your first choice being protected.

Here are the teams before reinforcement:

11. Gio - 1) *F. Gento 2) D. Savicevic 3) H. Sanchez 4) W. Schulz 5) B. Bremner 6) *G. Rivera 7) R. Rosato 8) R. Dzodzuashvili 9) P. Jennings 10) O. Ardiles 11) J. Segarra 12) *H. Chumpitaz 13) I. Netto 14) *K.H. Schnellinger 15) *M. Laudrup 16) *M. Amoros

4. Šjor Bepo/Pat_Mustard - 1) N. Liedholm 2) *O. Blokhin 3) E. Francescoli 4) A. Benarrivo 5) K. De Bruyne 6) Maicon 7) J. Terry 8) J. Mascherano 9) D. De Gea 10) M. Reus 11) *R. Carvalho 12) T. Muller 13) A. Costacurta 14) *A. Robben 15) *M. Ballack 16) M. Silva

Gio will have the first pick after I have announced the results.

For the actual reinforcement round, you have to pick exactly 1 Star player and 1 reserve player in any order of your choice, but reserve player means just "player who isn't on the Star player / block list", which means young players are available as well.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
@Don Alfredo just to clarify are we still limited to 3 star players in our starting lineup for the final ( or 4 with a young player in the team)? We may take a fairly long time submitting here as we haven't discussed this reinforcement round at all.
Yes, still limited to 3 star players in the starting line-up, 4 with a young player.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Have received the choices from Pat/Sjor, those from @Gio are still missing. Please send in by tomorrow 10 AM (GMT) the latest, we need this draft to finish:)

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
@Gio What's the hold-up? :) We need this to finish quickly, 24 hours should've been more than enough to make your choice;)

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Sorry @Don Alfredo, we had an addition to the family last night so I haven’t had a chance to look.

Will have a gander as soon as I can.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Congratulations!
Congrats . If it's a boy I hope you've called it Ranger.
Congrats, Gio.
Great news, congrats mate:D
Congrats mate!
Congrats mate!
Congratulations Gio! Great news
Congratulations mate!
:lol: you probably need a new tagline! Still even looking at drafts amidst such goings on! Beat that level of commitment! :D

Congrats!
Cheers everyone, thanking you Ecstatic style with the multi-quote.

@Don Alfredo I'll get my picks over today and can get the game played whenever suits Pat and Sjor.