Stars and Reserves Draft - Winner: Gio

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany

Stars and Reserves Draft

Draft Restrictions/Allowances:

All-time draft with Block list and restricted number of Star players(see below).
2. Initial drafting of 12 players snake style.
3. The maximum number of Star players in the starting 11 is 2 (3 with the young player bonus).
4. 8 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time.
5. No change in picks after posting.
6. No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
7. Don’t be a smartass and try to pick a player based on some spelling error, if you are not sure which player it is ask beforehand:)

1 Full match rule
Any players born on or before 31st December 1939 must come with a link to a full game in which they appeared. Otherwise the pick will be invalid and the next drafter can pick immediately. You can then post a valid pick asap.

Sites for finding full length games:

https://www.dailymotion.com/
https://www.youtube.com/
https://footballia.net/

Young Player Bonus:
Y1.
You can gain the right of playing an additional star player in your starting 11 if you start an outfield player (read: keepers don't count!) born on or after 1st January 1995.
Y2. You can only gain the right once during a match, so playing 2 young players doesn't mean you get 2 extra star player spots.
Y3. Kylian Mbappe and Jose Maria Gimenez are excluded from this rule, meaning that playing them won't get you any additional spots.
Y4.
All young players are judged based on the performance level they have shown so far, not based on their potential. This means a CF who has scored 10 goals in a full season should be rated on the same level as a 28 years old striker who scores 10 goals in a season.

Reinforcement rules
R1.
Extra 2 players per Reinforcement Round, with the standard inverting the draft order method snake style. Players from losing teams are now open to pick, as well as all undrafted players subject to criteria/blocks of course.
R2. After the QF, the maximum number of Star players in the starting 11 is 3 (4 with the young player bonus).
R3. Final reinforcement round:

Before the round:

1. Choose one Star player from your squad, that player is protected
2. Choose one Star player from your opponent's squad without protection, that player gets dropped and is available for picking straight away

During the round:

3. Draft 1 Reserve player and 1 Star player in snake style, the Star player can't be from the same pool as the player that has been dropped. This means if a Star Defender has been dropped from your squad, you cannot pick another Star Defender.

In the event of a draw
Draws will be decided by goalkeepers. The committee (which the draft master isn’t part of) will rank the 16 drafted keepers after drafting is finished and the team with the better keeper will advance in case of a draw. Please keep in mind that some keepers are blocked.

Assistant/Co Managers:
In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions.

It's not one at at time. It's just one for the match.

Match submissions:
More of a request. Most managers have multiple days before their matches are due to be played. Please make your submission before and do not wait for match day to make your submission and avoid last minute delays.

Uwe Seeler
G. Batistuta
L. Riva
P. Elkjaer Larsen
Tostao
M. Kempes
G. Nordahl
A. Spencer
S. Eto‘o
A. Shevchenko
J. Fontaine
Luis Suarez (URU)
G. Weah
R. van Nistelrooy
J. Greaves
J. Charles
Careca
R. Kopa
D. Bergkamp
F. Totti
J. A. Schiaffino
T. Cubillas
Kaka
H. Stoichkov
P. Littbarski
P. Nedved
Z. Boniek
Z. Czibor
O. Blokhin
D. Dzajic
R. Rensenbrink
F. Gento
Rivelino
J.M. Moreno
L. Kubala
Jairzinho
K. Hamrin
A. Robben
R. Giggs
D. Beckham
G. Meazza
S. Mazzola
G.Lato
B. Conti
T. Finney
J. Johnstone
A. Del Piero

G. Netzer
M. Laudrup
Rui Costa
G. Hagi
G. Rivera
Socrates
B. Schuster
W. Overath
M. Ballack
C. Seedorf
Deco
L. Modric
M. Tardelli
J. Bozsik
P. Scholes
A. Pirlo
W. van Hanegem
G. Souness
P. Vieira
J. L. Andrade
Gerson
E. Ocwirk
M. Coluna
Pirri
V. Mazzola
A. Vidal
Xabi Alonso
D. Deschamps
Uli Stielike
C. Makelele
L. Monti
Zito
N. Goncalves
T. Cerezo
S. Busquets
Clodoaldo

J. Nasazzi
J. Santamaria
A. Shesternyov
H. Chumpitaz
P. Vierchowod
D. Godin
L. Blanc
N. Vidic
O. Ruggeri
M. Tresor
R. Koeman
R. Carvalho
A. Picchi
C. Ferrara
F. Hierro
C. Gentile
S. Campbell
V. Vasovic
Lucio
B. Wright
R. Perfumo
R. Ayala
E. Gerets
T. Burgnich
D. McGrain
M. Amoros
D. Alves
V. R. Andrade
M. Kaltz
V. Bezsonov
S. Reuter
Leovegildo Junior
J. A. Camacho
B. Zebec
B. Lizarazu
M. Bossis
Marcelo
A. Cole
K. H. Schnellinger
S. Marzolini
A. Demyanenko
H. P. Briegel

Ronaldo Luis Nazario
G. Müller
Eusebio
M. van Basten
Romario
T. Henry
S. Kocsis
D. Law
D. Maradona
M. Platini
Zico
Z. Zidane
B. Charlton
A. Iniesta
Hendrik Johannes Cruyff
C. Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
L. Messi
Garrincha
G. Best
K. H. Rummenigge
Pele
A. Di Stefano
F. Puskas
R. Gullit
R. Baggio
Rivaldo
S. Matthews
L. Figo
L. Matthäus
P. R. Falcao
Xavi
F. Redondo
B. Robson
Luis Suarez Miramontes
Roy Keane
J. Neeskens
P. Breitner
Didi
D. Edwards
J. Masopust
B. Schweinsteiger
F. Rijkaard
O. Varela
E. Davids
V. Voronin
J. Tigana
F. Beckenbauer
F. Baresi
E. Figueroa
G. Scirea
B. Moore
A. Nesta
D. Passarella
R. Krol
M. Desailly
J. Kohler
M. Sammer
P. McGrath
K. H. Förster
J. Stam
F. Cannavaro
R. Ferdinand
B. Vogts
L. Thuram
J. Zanetti
Cafu
C. Alberto
Djalma Santos
G. Bergomi
P. Lahm
P. Maldini
G. Facchetti
A. Brehme
Nilton Santos
A. Cabrini
Roberto Carlos
G. Buffon
L. Yashin
S. Maier
P. Schmeichel
G. Banks
R. Dasayev
M. Neuer
D. Zoff
Ubaldo Fillol
E. Van der Sar
L. Mazurkiewicz

Last edited:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Stars and Reserves Draft Sign-up

1. Moby
2. MJJ
3. Edgar Allan Pillow/Indnyc/oneniltothearsenal
4. Michaelf7777777/cubemine
5. Physiocrat
6. Himannv/2mufc0
7. green_smiley
8. Don Alfredo
9. Skizzo
11. Ecstatic
12. Sjor Bepo/Pat_Mustard
13. P-Nut0712/Arbitrium
14. GodShaveTheQueen
15. Jim Beam/Invictus
16. Gio

One free space, so if some AM wants to have a solo ride he can have it

Last edited:
Changes to Block and Star Player List

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Big thanks to Enigma for helping me with running the draft and compiling the lists, if anyone wants an overview over the changes made to the lists @Šjor Bepo

Block List Changes:
- Dzajic
- Laudrup
+ G. Buffon
+ L. Yashin
+ S. Maier
+ P. Schmeichel
+ G. Banks
+ R. Dasayev
+ M. Neuer
+ D. Zoff
+ Ubaldo Fillol
+ E. Van der Sar
+ L. Mazurkiewicz

Star Player List Changes:
+ Dzajic
+ Laudrup
- Rosato
+ Vasovic
+ Lucio
+ B. Wright
+ Briegel
+ Reuter
+ Perfumo
+ Ayala
+ Xabi Alonso
+ Hagi
+ Rui Costa
+ Ballack
+ Seedorf
+ Deco
+ Deschamps
+ Weah
+ van Nistelrooy
+ Greaves
+ Charles
+ Littbarski

Young player rule exemption:
+ Gimenez

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
:( @some of the additions to star players. Still can pull of the concept though, hopefully

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I forgot that I blocked some keepers as well, they were in the block list in the op but have added them to the "Changes" list as well:)
It might be worth adding the changes list to the OP or thread marking the post for ease of reference

Indnyc

Looks good @Don Alfredo

For the goalkeeper rankings.. Is that something that can be posted beforehand? For e.g. The list from Peaches and Goat draft is a useful starting point

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Awesome.

Updated drafter list

Stars and Reserves Draft Sign-up

1. Moby
2. MJJ
3. Edgar Allan Pillow/Indnyc/oneniltothearsenal
4. Michaelf7777777/cubemine
5. Physiocrat
6. Himannv/2mufc0
7. green_smiley
8. Don Alfredo
9. Skizzo
10. Brwned
11. Ecstatic
12. Sjor Bepo/Pat_Mustard
13. P-Nut0712/Arbitrium
14. GodShaveTheQueen
15. Jim Beam/Invictus
16. Gio

@Don Alfredo

Enigma_87

You know who
Looks good @Don Alfredo

For the goalkeeper rankings.. Is that something that can be posted beforehand? For e.g. The list from Peaches and Goat draft is a useful starting point
Think that would impact the drafting process. It’s better to be kept in secret and afterwards published in case of draw and after matches are done.

Hopefully we can gather 3-4 people panel so it’s even more accurate.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Not the best position but glad not to be towards the beginning of drafting list

Draft Order

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany

Enigma_87

You know who
Not the best position but glad not to be towards the beginning of drafting list
Think in this one the position in order shouldn't matter much as the big block list guarantee a bit of a level field in terms of picking star players.

Maybe the bottom would have the advantage of double pick, but being bang in the middle in this draft isn't really bad thing, which usually happens with other drafts where the GOAT's are available.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ok so I'll need to take 30 mins or so later this eve to figure out what I'm doing. Doing hold it against me to begin with! Once I'm in the groove it's smooth sailing but I barely know what's happening. If anyone wants to speed things up, a quick summary of how to approach this would definitely help!

Enigma_87

You know who
@Brwned I think we have to at least wait the semis of the previous draft to finish to begin with this one so you lads have plenty of time to research.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
In the event of a draw
Draws will be decided by goalkeepers. The committee (which the draft master isn’t part of) will rank the 16 drafted keepers after drafting is finished and the team with the better keeper will advance in case of a draw. Please keep in mind that some keepers are blocked.
Glad to see this resurrected.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
So as I read it there's 125 star players that can be chosen, a maximum of 48 of those can be chosen in total, and so the minimum total number of players excluded is 213? Seems a lot to exclude, I figure you can chop off 25 star players from that initial star players list? I'm cool with whatever, just want to make sure I've not misunderstood anything before I start planning...

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
So as I read it there's 125 star players that can be chosen, a maximum of 48 of those can be chosen in total, and so the minimum total number of players excluded is 213? Seems a lot to exclude, I figure you can chop off 25 star players from that initial star players list? I'm cool with whatever, just want to make sure I've not misunderstood anything before I start planning...
It's primarily a reserve draft with some star players added in to make it more interesting:) I looked it up and the block list of the last reserve draft was even longer:wenger:

If you choose to go down the young player route, you only have to draft 6 other reserve outfield players you like, which seems very doable. There are more than 100 fantastic players still out there, lots of gems to discover:drool:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Sorry Don, a bit ahead of my schedule for the evening, so not the brightest atm. There are more than 100 young players out there?
That's not what I meant, I will explain it to you slowly:D

If everyone goes down the young player route, the teams will look like this

1 reserve keeper
1 young player
3 star players
6 reserve players

6x16 = 96

In this scenario, there would be roughly 100 reserve players picked (if we don't count the young player and the keeper).

That's why I said there are more than 100 fantastic players still out there, lots of great options to choose from.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Can we start now this draft with no deadline (8 hours per pick)?

Once the current draft is over, the deadline will be applied.

As always, I don't see the issue to start a draft in the last moments of an ongoing draft.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Can we start now this draft with no deadline (8 hours per pick)?

Once the current draft is over, the deadline will be applied.

As always, I don't see the issue to start a draft in the last moments of an ongoing draft.
Given the pace of the current draft I agree. Just block picks during games to guarantee maximum involvement in match threads.

Indnyc

Given the pace of the current draft I agree. Just block picks during games to guarantee maximum involvement in match threads.
I don't mind.. We are playing the first semi final tomorrow and the next one is on Friday

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Hmmm what‘s your opinion on casually picking in this draft while there are no matches on, lads? @2mufc0 @Enigma_87 @Skizzo

I‘m fine with that but if any one of you doesn‘t like it, we will wait with drafting until the semi finals are finished.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Hmmm what‘s your opinion on casually picking in this draft while there are no matches on, lads? @2mufc0 @Enigma_87 @Skizzo

I‘m fine with that but if any one of you doesn‘t like it, we will wait with drafting until the semi finals are finished.
I see no problem with getting things started now. The masses are getting restless waiting for this current draft to end :D

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Alright let‘s do some casual drafting until the first semi final starts

@GodShaveTheQueen can pick whenever he wants and there is no deadline for the next guy, just remember to tag him:)