Statement by Manchester United (more than a week ago at a fan forum event)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t get the point of releasing that bunch of waffle? Is it in response to complaints received or something said in the media?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
That twit is 100% Ed's.

a) We have invested and will continue investing (yet with no DoF to guide me; "recruitment department"? ffs)
b) Huge young talent incoming and Ole will make them succeed (eh, not necessarily)
c) We are not interested in "commercial" galácticos (aka, "Man Utd is steadily losing its ability to sign TopTop players")
d) "Successful commercial operation" (Ed's "achievement") - (How long will it last if Man Utd keeps finishing Top5-8? We are becoming a EL club; the decline is already happening in terms of football, the economic decline-collapse?-will inevitably follow).

I feel empty. The post-SAF era is like watching a huge company go bankrupt once the main (and legendary) CO has retired.

jackal&hyde

Click bait by ESPN this was from several weeks ago at the Utd fans forum meeting. But in any case the mismanagement since SAF is apparent for all to see.
I agree. ESPN had it ready when a bad result happen and released it to get more clicks and take advantage from the fans desire to eat up negative news. Disgusting journalism.

norm87cro

I was kind of hoping that they would announce the DOF but yeah it just feels like a big c... shot on the faces of us fans and those who have to endure this brand of football week in week out. Personally outside of United I don't watch that much football and the West Ham game ruined my weekend and this kind of statement just adds Spice to my misery

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
A 2-0 away loss to West Ham prompted an official statement from the club restating its mission on twitter? Looks like Woody is feeling the heat.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why fire Ed? He has proven he is good at what he does but he has been asked to also do what he doesn’t do and he is not very good at doing it. Get Ed to do what he is good at doing and get someone in who is good at the things that Ed has been asked to do that he is not very good at and get them to do those things that they are good at.

Simple really
Actually I don't think we are as commercially successful as we should be at this point. We are actually declining from where he took us relative to other big clubs. Since he became CEO I do not believe he has improved us as much as he should have relative to other clubs

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Having to make a statement about this shit in the first place is them basically admitting they know its fecked up a bit. I do think the past summer was a step in the right direction though. Yes we hurt ourselves in depth and we're relying on youth in attack, but all the players that left had to go and the younger guys are getting chances while we look for the "right" signings. I can live with that, even though we'll have shit games along the way.

Things can change quickly in football, but we simply have to make the right signings. Easy to say we need to buy Sancho, Maddison, a quality holding midfielder and some depth in attack and our problems would be fixed, but at the same time, this is what a club like United should do. This is the level of investment needed. Part of that should have been done last summer, just like Maguire should have been signed the summer before. Our problem is we're constantly playing catch up and not signing enough each summer. So we need a summer where we spend ~300m, and that would be essentially signing Sancho, Maddison and a holding midfielder in the same summer (in addition to getting attacking depth in January).

Cassidy

'Deliver the manager the player he wants' is where we're going wrong.

We should be buying the players the club needs irrespective of the manager in charge.
This.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am am tired of this copy and paste shit. Where is the DOF? What is our transfer policy? What are our targets this season? What is Ole doing with thw squad? We need sone proper questions answered?

Cassidy

Having to make a statement about this shit in the first place is them basically admitting they know its fecked up a bit. I do think the past summer was a step in the right direction though. Yes we hurt ourselves in depth and we're relying on youth in attack, but all the players that left had to go and the younger guys are getting chances while we look for the "right" signings. I can live with that, even though we'll have shit games along the way.

Things can change quickly in football, but we simply have to make the right signings. Easy to say we need to buy Sancho, Maddison, a quality holding midfielder and some depth in attack and our problems would be fixed, but at the same time, this is what a club like United should do. This is the level of investment needed. Part of that should have been done last summer, just like Maguire should have been signed the summer before. Our problem is we're constantly playing catch up and not signing enough each summer. So we need a summer where we spend ~300m, and that would be essentially signing Sancho, Maddison and a holding midfielder in the same summer (in addition to getting attacking depth in January).
We need a summer like Citys summer after Pep finished 4th. They got rid of a ton of players and recruited like crazy

We should have done it this summer but I do think we needed to clear out and make space first. Our wage bill cant have helped but we are not making it better either with Martial and Rashford on insane money

Smores

I can't remember seeing such a statement before. Not sure it's particularly helpful.

R'hllor

That almost looked like Arsenal move from this summer, PR corp minds, feck that type of owners, fecking pigs.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Happy that the club is making a statement in such a situation...

It's not like Woody will be speaking to the shareholders tomorrow...

Bunch of f*** they are. This kind of public communication is only in case of crisis.

So are we officially in crisis then ?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What an excellent case of 'you should have kept your mouth shut'.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can someone clarify if this indeed is a new statement or just a repost from one made many months ago?

Cassidy

ESPN are being cheeky here, this was some club spokesman speaking at a fan forum over a week ago, no statement has been put out.

Devil81

Worried about ticket sales?

Supporting the manager and trying to take the heat off him?

I'm not sure but releasing a statement like that is bizarre to say the least.

fergiesarmy1

Which would mean that it is from the club, just not as a response to the current shitshow.
Either way it's disgusting.
Yeah but ESPN are on a wind up by posting it the day after a crap result, something I’d expect from Paddy Power.

kps88

I don’t get the point of releasing that bunch of waffle? Is it in response to complaints received or something said in the media?
It was from a spokesperson who participated in a fan forum more than a week ago. I mean, he's obviously going to say that when questioned by the fans. Pretty normal stuff that the press are gleefully spinning as a response to yesterday's defeat. It's not really an official statement being put out.

TRUERED89

I wish i lived in Manchester so i could at least play my part in getting rid of Ed. There is nothing much we can do from abroad.
Match going fans should fill the stadium with banners for the owners to get rid of Ed.
Living in or near Manchester would make no difference, he makes them money. You could have all the banners in the world it wont make a difference. They wont be firing him anytime soon.

dev1l

It was from a spokesperson who participated in a fan forum more than a week ago. I mean, he's obviously going to say that when questioned by the fans. Pretty normal stuff that the press are gleefully spinning as a response to yesterday's defeat.
The gullible fans are playing out to the media...unknowingly encouraging them to continue making fun of us

Marcus

'Deliver the manager the player he wants' is where we're going wrong.

We should be buying the players the club needs irrespective of the manager in charge.
Isn't it 'Deliver to the manager the player he wants'? So few words to the statement and yet we find a typo. Typical incompetence.