Statue of Diana

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The boys right arm looks weird as does the girl with her four legs.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's an excellent sculpture. I can "see" the muscles behind the dress.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This is worse than a bacon wrap.

Fecking hate the royals, and any lump of metal that's deemed to portray them.

Wonder if James Hewitt has been caught trying to sleep with the statue yet?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Who’s actually asked for this statue? Was there a public desire for another memorial of her?

When will there be a statue of me? In my speedos? Hopefully it’ll be commissioned before I die so I can go and look at it.

Revaulx

It may be because I'm so anti-royals but this new statue makes me cringe. What says the caf?
I though it was the anti-monarchists that adored Lady/Princess Di?
Statues in general are a bit weird to me now. Older ones are fine but we live in an age where we can easily see what the person actually looked like. And it seems most modern statue artists can't quite capture people the way they used to.
Very much so! The only decent one I know of is Harold Wilson* outside Huddersfield station.

For younger Caftards: he was Prime Minister of GB 1964-70 and 1974-76.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Who’s actually asked for this statue? Was there a public desire for another memorial of her?

When will there be a statue of me? In my speedos? Hopefully it’ll be commissioned before I die so I can go and look at it.
Harry & Wills commished.

Private funds raised. Placed in a Royal Palace. They've covered themselves, nowt the public could do even if we wanted to. There'll be a line a mile long to kiss her bum in a week.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You can self publish. Do a front and back in papier mache then stick them together.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I though it was the anti-monarchists that adored Lady/Princess Di?

Very much so! The only decent one I know of is Harold Wilson* outside Huddersfield station.

For younger Caftards: he was Prime Minister of GB 1964-70 and 1974-76.
There's a couple of poets that are decent.

Betjeman at St Pancras:

Larkin at Hull:

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I shall refrain from doing this. I dunno, I'm becoming more and more anti-royal as I get older. I used to just be a little apathetic.
I slept out on The Mall with a girlfriend the night before her wedding, I was 18. I suppose I thought she might introduce some stronger genes into the family, maybe some humanity. I doubt if I thought about it too deeply. 40 years later at the end of this month nothing has really changed, maybe Harry is a change, but mostly they are just as distant from us as ever.

Revaulx

There's a couple of poets that are decent.

Betjeman at St Pancras:

Larkin at Hull:

Ok I’ll concede those two. Morecambe as well. Here’s Harold; note what a fabulous building Huddersfield station is:

Interesting that all these decent statues show the subject undertaking some sort of movement, whereas the crap Diana one has her in a stationary pose.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Ok I’ll concede those two. Morecambe as well. Here’s Harold; note what a fabulous building Huddersfield station is:

Interesting that all these decent statues show the subject undertaking some sort of movement, whereas the crap Diana one has her in a stationary pose.
oates was saying exactly the same thing. There's movement, it brings the figure to life.

The sculptor who did the Diana statue has done some superb work - here's one of his pieces at the Armed Forces Memorial. Edit - he's definitely better with male figures!

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
oates was saying exactly the same thing. There's movement, it brings the figure to life.

The sculptor who did the Diana statue has done some superb work - here's one of his pieces at the Armed Forces Memorial. Edit - he's definitely better with male figures!

You do see so much movement in his other statues, fantastic use of negative space and those proportions and yet the Diana sculpture is very static, it's very posed which itself is a bit of a story I suppose.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
They're probably doing it for tourism though. Makes U.K appealing.

Now just make a prince Andrew statue. Kind of a "horror museum" and play dark music as we observe his statute

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I have come to the conclusion that sculpting statues must be really fecking difficult as most of them look like shit in terms of likeness.

Revaulx

Again there’s an amount of movement. Maybe it’s that rather than it being males :)

0le

Aside from whether you agree with its theme it has to be said that the statue itself looks awful.