Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So what is everyone's thoughts? Is it their reality, or are the kids just getting too into their dungeons and dragons?

Maxii

Paad
3 episodes in, really enjoying this. Was this shot in the 80's when Marlo Stanfield was a kid?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
The kids were all annoying/uncharismatic. Feel like if they were a hit for me the whole thing would click but, eh.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good trailer. Excited for this to return.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The theme tune is probably the best thing about it.

Hope the 2nd season is as good as the first :drool: doubt it though.

ovoxo

I cannot wait for this to return! Such a brilliant show!

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
Fabulous trailer. I haven't been this excited for a new season of a series since season 2 of GOT.

Dragon's Lair :D
I played that back in the days.

dellboyy

Damn! Having just watched all the DC and other misc comic con trailers, i think i forgot trailers could actually excite you! This looks insanely good!!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I seem to be one of the few who thought the first season was kinda overrated. Good, but not amazing (NOSTALGIA!!!!) but that is a fantastically well cut trailer.

Sweet Square

I seem to be one of the few who thought the first season was kinda overrated. Good, but not amazing (NOSTALGIA!!!!) but that is a fantastically well cut trailer.
In the same boat, watched it with the family and while they ended up finishing the series I gave up after a couple of episodes, not because I thought it shite but didn't think it was anything amazing. The nostalgia goes carry the show along nicely.

Also the soundtrack was ace.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
In the same boat, watched it with the family and while they ended up finishing the series I gave up after a couple of episodes, not because I thought it shite but didn't think it was anything amazing. The nostalgia goes carry the show along nicely.

Also the soundtrack was ace.
That trailer actually sums it up quite succinctly. Brilliantly and lovingly put together, but endlessly reliant on referencing things we already like.

It's pretty much a perfect advert for what it is.

Sweet Square

That trailer actually sums it up quite succinctly. Brilliantly and lovingly put together, but endlessly reliant on referencing things we already like.

It's pretty much a perfect advert for what it is.
I feel sort of bad for slagging off the show as it really tries to make itself a family show. But if I'm going to get my nostalgia fill I'd rather it come with the risk of been both brilliant and awful(The new Twin Peaks). It might be a bit hipster-ish(Is that still a thing) but I like that theres a chance nostalgic fans of 90's Twin Peaks might fecking hate the new one.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I finished it in two sittings and thought it was amazing.

It's one of the most well crafted shows I've seen for some time. The care and attention can be seen in everything from the characters and the way they relate to each other (emotionally and in terms of plot), to the delicate balancing of the different story strands, to the framing; the lighting, sound design, ambience is all extraordinary. It's almost as if people sat down and wrote an entire script, like actually thought about this stuff.

I thought all the acting was great. The boys do a brilliant job playing off each other, the friendships felt completely believable. No doubt the direction of the actors played a huge part in getting those performances too. The daughter character is so tightly written, and the performance is note perfect. The early scene in which the boyfriend replies that she is beautiful and the camera lingers on her face, conveys such soul crushing vulnerability I could have cried. I liked that the kids feel like real kids with real sensitivities and not the precocious self aware arsehats that modern tv writers (and fans?) think they should be. Winona stole the show like it was a Gucci handbag. She should have been one of the greats. That Heathers reference was so bitter sweet.

But this is more than shallow pastiche, it feels like a genuine love letter. It's not all reference for the sake of reference, or a simple duping of snapshots from other stuff. It's a show that breaks down, extends, subverts and reinterprets themes and ideas. And it clearly has it's own voice that isn't Carpenter (less worldly cynical) or Speilbergo (less hopeful) or Craven (less arch) or Lynch (less dancing midget) - unless of course it's all Stephen King which I haven't read.

The scares and atmosphere hooked me. The upside down pool scene in particular really creeped me out. Yeah as always the thing doesn't work once it steps out of the shadows (a clever genre reference perhaps?) and it seemed a mistake to overexpose the bads given their rather shallow, generic construction. But these are small gripes in what was a very satisfying show.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Just watched this for the first time, little disappointed. It's good, I was enjoying it for five or six episodes but found the ending to be a drain.

HATE Mike as well. Really annoying character and stands out as a poor actor.

Big Andy

Bloke
It's worth it for Steve's hair do, and the "EAT SHIT!" at the end from Lucas...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wow, they were a little overconfident to begin with. It's fecking weird now. I can imagine the kid in the Burberry being a right fecker soon.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Very excited for this but I'm not feeling the vibe of a giant monster as the main threat.. Seems too difficult for the writers to juggle that with the obvious media and national attention that would have got in the country if it happened, so its really difficult to weave in whilst keeping to the main characters at play.

Can someone remind me how eleven separated from the group again? I forgot

Andersons Dietician

Very excited for this but I'm not feeling the vibe of a giant monster as the main threat.. Seems too difficult for the writers to juggle that with the obvious media and national attention that would have got in the country if it happened, so its really difficult to weave in whilst keeping to the main characters at play.

Can someone remind me how eleven separated from the group again? I forgot
If I remember properly in her stand off killing the Demegorgon she died, or supposedly died by overusing her telekinetic abilities.

I reckon I might do a rewatch before the new season comes out. Just bought myself a big fancy 4k TV and it’s one of the few 4k/HDR things on Netflix so decent enough excuse. I’ll get back to you in a few days, i’ll Put life on hold to binge it :lol:

Really looking forward to the 2nd season.

spwd

Looking good, cant wait, probably have to rewatch the first series too.