Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Kids on bikes being chased by government baddies should be one big reason. Also, feat of magic by aliens in both at the climax of the chase.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Watched it over the last 2 days, loved it. One of the best shows I've seen in a while. The kid actors were very good.

fecking have to wait until next year now :(

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Just finished it. It was an interesting experience. I simultaneously really wanted to know what was gonna happen next, while being kinda bored while actually watching it. I liked the first half enough, but the tail end of the season felt like a chore to get through. If I didn't have so many days off because I broke my hand last week I probably would have just wikipediaed the ending.

GazTheLegend

Fantastic show and enjoyed every minute of it, can't help but feel you need to be an 80's kid to truly appreciate it though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fantastic show and enjoyed every minute of it, can't help but feel you need to be an 80's kid to truly appreciate it though.
Majority of people I know that like it were born late 80s, but were really 90s kids, and they love it. I guess there was a bit of a hangover from the 80s with films and stuff (ET was still a huge deal) so can still appreciate the vibe.

bleedred

Started watching it and now in around 5th episode... I feel its overhyped. Lots of cliche from old movies...not very engaging as well..

A 9/10 show??.. Surely not. atleast for me...

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I'd give it 7.5. Better than most of stuff on TV these days, but not amazing. Even such shows are pretty rare, so I cherish it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd give it a solid 8.5. Really love the show, but with any highly rated TV show its going to get questioned to be overrated.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'd give it a solid 8.5. Really love the show, but with any highly rated TV show its going to get questioned to be overrated.
I loved it too, 8.5 is pretty much what i'd give it. It's just so different from all the usual shit on television at the moment which helped boost up the rating for me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I loved it too, 8.5 is pretty much what i'd give it. It's just so different from all the usual shit on television at the moment which helped boost up the rating for me.
Agreed. 80's nostalgia aside, I particularly liked how they didn't try and be too smart with it. It is what it is and after midway through the season you can suss out whats going on pretty well, yet you're still as hooked as when you might have been on episode 2.

That's how I felt anyway.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Agreed. 80's nostalgia aside, I particularly liked how they didn't try and be too smart with it. It is what it is and after midway through the season you can suss out whats going on pretty well, yet you're still as hooked as when you might have been on episode 2.

That's how I felt anyway.
Yep, you don't need a 'Lost' plot to keep a show engaging. It's all about the atmosphere and characters and this show did both very well.

Parry Gallister

A little over-rated but I really enjoyed it. In a way, I'd rather it be it's own self-contained thing and not come back. That said, I am looking forward to the new series and hope it has me eating my words.

Irrational.

Finished this in under 2 days. Has some plot holes but loved it nonetheless. The kid actors were brilliant.

Looking forward to season two.

AkaAkuma

Agreed. 80's nostalgia aside, I particularly liked how they didn't try and be too smart with it.
I think thats part of the nostalgia, 80'd sci-fi wasn't particular sophisticated. They basically created a Stephen King TV movie.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone else think Will looks like Steve Buscemi's mini-me??

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Just finished it. Thought it was pretty awesome, enjoyed the plot, the actors and the characters. I thought the ending let it down a bit though, and has tarnished the rest a bit for me. It reminded me of Twin Peaks in a lot of ways. Well worth a watch in the end but just short of top tier.

Oh, and I thought Eleven and the actress who played her were both incredible.

Havak

Pokemon master
I watched all of this somewhat recently (probably late September / early October).

It was probably one of the weirdest shows I've ever seen. On paper, it sounds absolutely ridiculous and a lot of the show is indeed that, but I found it very enjoyable and it has been one of the best new shows I've started for a while. The first episode is, in my opinion, possibly the best first episode of any TV show (at least of the ones I've seen). I don't know what it was exactly, but I was instantly hooked on it and had to watch it all. However, I can see how some people would think it's incredibly stupid and it's hard to argue that.

The young actors are fantastic.

Looking forward to the second season none the less.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Binge watched this recently. One of the most enjoyable TV series I've watched in ages. I think what I liked most about it was the fact it had a really coherent plot and kept up a nice steady pace over the 8 episodes. I've gotten really bored of the recent trend (started by Lost?) for sci fi-ish series to have labyrinthine plots, which get so complex they end up leaving loads of loose ends and plot holes, or need boring exposition to try and fill in the blanks. I've been enjoying Westworld but suspect it's going down that same road. This had a plot that was tight as a drum and each episode progressed the narrative just the right amount. Quality stuff. Can't wait for season 2.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Binge watched this recently. One of the most enjoyable TV series I've watched in ages. I think what I liked most about it was the fact it had a really coherent plot and kept up a nice steady pace over the 8 episodes. I've gotten really bored of the recent trend (started by Lost?) for sci fi-ish series to have labyrinthine plots, which get so complex they end up leaving loads of loose ends and plot holes, or need boring exposition to try and fill in the blanks. I've been enjoying Westworld but suspect it's going down that same road. This had a plot that was tight as a drum and each episode progressed the narrative just the right amount. Quality stuff. Can't wait for season 2.
Fantastic isn't it. The story is brilliant throughout, so well acted and paced. Best thing on telly since Breaking Bad imo.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I was planning on buying some coke this weekend but it looks like Winona has taken it all.

LouisDanGaal

A trailer 9 months in advance? come on, I hate that, I got a bit excited and now I just have to forget it.

Big Andy

Bloke
A trailer 9 months in advance? come on, I hate that, I got a bit excited and now I just have to forget it.
Yeah, bit annoying, but I'd rather wait and get a top quality programme, than rush it and it be a bit shit...

WTF was that massive Octopus thing?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Having to wait 9 months for something I'll finish in 3 days feels weird, but I've felt stranger things.

LouisDanGaal

Yeah, bit annoying, but I'd rather wait and get a top quality programme, than rush it and it be a bit shit...

WTF was that massive Octopus thing?
All I can say for sure right now is its probably not a good guy.

Big Andy

Bloke
Or is it the delightful and sexy Barb, getting back at Hawkins for collectively not giving a shit about her..?

Runner

That looked good but I still think it'll be very difficult for them to live up to the first season.

The narrative seems to have gone from save the boy to save the town.

Big Andy

Bloke
Nah, I reckon Will is seeing a vision of the Octopussy thing...They've not long started filming so think this footage will be from early on in the episodes...

Runner

Nah, I reckon Will is seeing a vision of the Octopussy thing...They've not long started filming so think this footage will be from early on in the episodes...
you might be right about it being an octopus (I was thinking spider creature)

Photo of dead character from season 1