Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Pogue's just weird.
It was preposterous nonsense. The fecking map jigsaw was a particular low point but the mulleted oddball brother was an equally stupid and pointless addition.

It wasn't completely unenjoyable to watch, mind you. Just very very silly and a big drop off in quality from S1. Nowhere near bad enough to put me off watching S3.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The crap 80’s hair overkill is almost ruining it for me. But Winona Ryder is still strangely alluring, so there’s that...

Sanche7

Fantastic reviews so far, some even say it's the best season

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I really enjoyed season 2 even if it wasn't quite as good as season 1. Nobody told me it wasn't meant to be nonsense

Havak

Pokemon master
The first season was up there with the best first season of any show ever IMO. Even when I look back on some of my all-time favourite shows, that first season is just outrageously good. Better than Breaking Bad's first season for example (a lot of shows can probably lay claim to that), but there was a definite quality drop in season two. However, despite that drop in quality it hasn't put me off at all because it was still good. It was probably just close to impossible to match the first one, so basically everything was going to be criticised/scrutinised. I'm really eager to watch season three, but I think I'll struggle to find the time to watch it all as soon as I'd like. It'll probably be Monday at the absolute earliest when I get to finish it, likely later, so I'll have to leave this thread until then!

Shark

@NotShark
It's getting great reviews, some saying it's the best season yet, which is great news. Looking forward to it now!

Roosney

Hmm, some good stuff and some bad as well.

The main plot is a bit forced I think and also hate what they've done with the cop character. From a cool understanding dude to a raving sweaty drunk.

Other than those two points it's been entertaining, 3.5/5.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
About halfway through the season, I think it's been great so far, on par with season one for sure. Dunno if it's just me but this season's been by far the funniest.

Big Andy

Bloke
I’ve got one left to watch but it’s on for an hour and 17 minutes and I’m up early tomorrow.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Just finished it. Much better than season two. Not quite up with season one though.

I know they rely on '80s nostalgia but the Russian Terminator character with a German accent was laughably annoying.

Hopper :(

Also feck off to the ending. It doesn't need another season.

Guy Incognito

Yep, finished binge watching it. Definitely an improvement on season 2 though nothing will top season 1.

Gutted we lost Hop and I was growing to like Billy, think there was more to explore.

AkaAkuma

Yep, finished binge watching it. Definitely an improvement on season 2 though nothing will top season 1.

Gutted we lost Hop and I was growing to like Billy, think there was more to explore.
said at the end, post credits. Hopper may have survived.

Coxy

Watched the first episode - enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit 'silly' at times? e.g. when those blokes (journalists) were round the table dismissing Nancy and laughing like idiots - don't remember scenes like that previously? Hopper seemed a bit daft too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Watched the first episode - enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit 'silly' at times? e.g. when those blokes (journalists) were round the table dismissing Nancy and laughing like idiots - don't remember scenes like that previously? Hopper seemed a bit daft too.
Definitely seems to be taking itself less seriously. The colours and design also seem to be a lot more over the top. I’m on board with that, though. It kind of works. I’m also only one episode in.

Here’s a thought, by the way. With people bingeing new shows at different rates would it make sense to have a new thread per episode? Or would that just horribly clog up the forum? It’s kind of annoying the way you can’t do the whole watercooler chats thing with Netflix series, for fear of spoilers. Surely there’s a way that can be fixed?

EDIT: Gonna ask the mods.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Definitely seems to be taking itself less seriously. The colours and design also seem to be a lot more over the top. I’m on board with that, though. It kind of works. I’m also only one episode in.

Here’s a thought, by the way. With people bingeing new shows at different rates would it make sense to have a new thread per episode? Or would that just horribly clog up the forum? It’s kind of annoying the way you can’t do the whole watercooler chats thing with Netflix series, for fear of spoilers. Surely there’s a way that can be fixed?

I've only watched half of the first episode and noticed they'd played the fun side up more. Those parts in s1 were good, and it's always purposely been a little daft, so good they've gone that route I reckon. It fits with the whole slightly cheesy retro theme and the music very well. Felt like they moved away from it in s2. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

just use a spoiler and tag the episode in it I guess?

Not sure it would work anyway, I can never keep track of which episode what happened in when I'm bingeing shows so I'd probably spoil episode 3 in the episode 2 thread or something.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I've only watched half of the first episode and noticed they'd played the fun side up more. Those parts in s1 were good, and it's always purposely been a little daft, so good they've gone that route I reckon. It fits with the whole slightly cheesy retro theme and the music very well. Felt like they moved away from it in s2. Looking forward to watching the rest.
Yeah, agreed.

Oldyella

Enjoying it so far, 3 episodes in. Its bugging me how weird stuff is happening though, and no one is acknowledging what they have been through before. I would be jumping at anything even the tiniest bit out of the ordinary.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ended up finishing it, won’t post anything outside of spoiler tags. I like how it balanced a generally light tone with some real dark moments. I’ll have to rewatch it but I think it’s my favourite season so far.

On another note
Did anyone else think that the end of the episode was the perfect way to finish the series? I was actually a little surprised when I saw a post credit scene.